Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 03:54:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227922 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Who Would You Believe?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who Would You Believe?  (Read 6386 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2004, 08:22:02 AM »

But Del would be called a liar by the many ex-Gunner fans since, as far as I know, he's still Axl's friend....

Not a liar...but certainly partial.? Would you disagree?

I don't know.

You can be a friend and tell the truth.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Furious Styles
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2004, 01:07:37 PM »

I never really thought about the "two sides" to the Gn'R story, I always assumed Slash was in the right and Axl was "crazy" and that the problems were due to Axl. Albeit I only became a fan of Gn'R in 1999, so alot of what originally made me a fan (Live Era) influenced me to believe Axl was the cause of the breakup.

After reading alot of posts from fans and anti-Axl fans, I can see there is this resentment and bitterness towards each other, whereas I always thought everyone wanted a reunion and nobody liked the "Nu" Gn'R. I must say because what endeared me to Guns N' Roses was (Live Era) so when I watched Rock in Rio, I was really disapointed because I missed out on the first run, I had always hoped I could see Slash and Axl together playin' as friends.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2004, 02:11:50 PM »

I always assumed Slash was in the right and Axl was "crazy" and that the problems were due to Axl. Albeit I only became a fan of Gn'R in 1999, so alot of what originally made me a fan (Live Era) influenced me to believe Axl was the cause of the breakup.
On the other hand, there are lots of objective people outside the fandom who say it turned out that Axl was the sanest guy among them after all. He had quitted their "bad for you" habits prior to anyone else did.

Since I love new band, I don?t blame anyone for the break-up. I thank them.  love
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2004, 02:32:52 PM »

I don't know.

You can be a friend and tell the truth.

But can you be Axls friend and tell the truth?

If the truth happened to be unflattering to Axl, I think you know as well as I do that he would consider himself betrayed and cut off all ties like hes done to many over the years.  As an Axl loyalist, do you think Del James could truly be objective and risk upsetting his friend? 

I dont.  I wouldnt necessarily call James a liar, but theres no question that hes partial to Axl.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2004, 02:51:48 PM »

If the truth happened to be unflattering to Axl, I think you know as well as I do that he would consider himself betrayed and cut off all ties like hes done to many over the years.? As an Axl loyalist, do you think Del James could truly be objective and risk upsetting his friend??

I don't know their friendship, but I wouldn't be surprised if Axl actually respects certain peoples' honest opinions.

Now, it's possible that the two of them see things in a similar way, and that might be viewed as being biased.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2004, 08:19:21 AM »

Izzy all the way. I read an article of him telling why he quit and how he found getting cooperation from Slash and Duff during the Illusion tour was impossible because they didn't really care about much besides getting wasted.

This guy's story always adds up.

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
kira
Opening Act

Blah!

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2004, 03:27:14 AM »

Axl himself
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: