Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 06:34:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NBA 2004/2005
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NBA 2004/2005  (Read 41600 times)
Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« on: November 04, 2004, 10:15:34 AM »

So, who's your favourite to win this season?.
I'm going with the San Antonio Spurs.
P.S: Kobe ain't going to do nothing without the Big man, just check yesterday's results: 38 points by kobe and a loss bay the lakers.

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2004, 06:47:33 PM »

My favorite team is the Dallas Mavericks, my favorite player is Dirk Nowitzki, the most versatile and best shooter in the game!!!!!!!!!!

Devin Harris and Jason Terry are proving that they can take the place of my 2nd fav player *steve nash* and the additions of Erick Dampier and Jerry Stackhouse make them a better overall defensive team.

the emergence of Marquis Daniels and Josh Howard along with the steady play of Micheal Finley make the Mavs very very dangerous, we are already 2-0 and are looking amazing!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2004, 07:25:22 PM »

I've always liked the Sonics. There won't even qualify for the playoffs though.

I hate the Spurs. Duncan has to be the less charismatic player in the game. He is very good ( I hate it when he always shoots off the backboard) but there are a few other allstars players in his position ie. Garnett, Novitzky,Webber,Gasol ( if he is not allstar this year, he will never be) who will make the highlights more often.

The Mavs...I wouldn't have traded either Jamison, nor Nash. The Mavs still need a big, dominant fella. I like the team, but not a strong candidate.

Favorites this year are the Heat, The Pistons, The Wolves and The Rockets.

MVP will go to Kobe Bryan.
Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2004, 05:02:24 AM »

My favourite team is the celtics, but they won't win a championship in the next 20 years!!. anyway, actually, my favourite team always was jordan's team Grin.

I don't think the mavericks have a better team than the last couple off years, maybe they do have a more balanced one, but the players are worse. gone are nash, walker and jamison. those 3 are a lot better than the others.

Duncan is boring, shure. But he's the best.

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2004, 05:07:05 AM »

jamison is a great offensive player but he cant play defense, walker just didnt fit, plus those players skills didnt compliment Nowitzki

trading jamison not only grabbed jerry stackhouse but it also gave them the 5th pick in the draft with which they got Nash's replacement, Devan Harris who is gonna be phenomenal! he is already the starter he averaged almost 17 points and 7 assists in the preseason! Plus they have high scorin jason terry to help out at PG

Dallas are 2-0 and have destroyed the Kings and Hornets, dallas did what they had to do to win a championship, they got better defensively but still have dominant scoring. Dont sleep on Dallas!

Steve nash is my 2nd fav player and it kills me that he is gone. i hate it so much.

they have a legitimate post presence now in erick dampier, this guy is dominate! only reason no body knows this guy is cause he was trapped in golden state, he is a legit low post scoring and defensive threat.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2004, 05:14:34 AM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2004, 06:10:57 AM »

Hope you're right, ' cause I certainly like the mavericks, as they're a fun team to watch. Dirk is one of the top 5 players of the nba in my opinion!!.

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
GnRNightrain
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2004, 06:10:28 PM »

I just hope the Lakers will still make the playoffs.  At least tickets are easier to get now.
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2004, 08:36:51 AM »

Gasol had a huge game last night. Memphis beat LA 112 - 87. Hopefully this will be the start of a winning streak for the Grizzles, they are 1-4 now.

Cocaine tongue: What's up with Digital + not covering the NBA this year? I haven't heard anything from anyone at canal + nor digital +. Don't tell me they didn't resign the contracts... no

Echo de menos al Montes y al Damiel!!
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2004, 01:06:33 AM »

Dallas is off to a 5-1 start..... not bad....

I'm still going for the Raps this year.  They just blew an incredible comeback against the Sonics.  Chris Bosh is just going to get better throughout the year, and 4-2 still ties them for first in the East.
gunsnroses393
Headliner

Go Marlins!

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2004, 03:53:06 AM »

i think the pistons will repeat, beating the wolves in the finals. lakers wont make the playoffs. the big teams are detroit miami indiana minnesota dallas san antonio and prob sacromento. also i think boston and philly will bounce back and have good years

cluster fuck message board

http://fsentertainment.proboards37.com
Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2004, 10:05:55 AM »

Gasol had a huge game last night. Memphis beat LA 112 - 87. Hopefully this will be the start of a winning streak for the Grizzles, they are 1-4 now.

Cocaine tongue: What's up with Digital + not covering the NBA this year? I haven't heard anything from anyone at canal + nor digital +. Don't tell me they didn't resign the contracts... no

Echo de menos al Montes y al Damiel!!

Damm, I hadn't checked this post til today. sorry for taht one ignatius, but as you probably already know, they have now agreed to a contract and are broadcasting games right now.

On other terms, lebron james kicks serious ass. that kid's gonna become one of the greatest of all time!

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2004, 05:17:17 PM »

Damm, I hadn't checked this post til today. sorry for taht one ignatius, but as you probably already know, they have now agreed to a contract and are broadcasting games right now.

Yeah, I heard that a few days ago. Good to have the NBA back.

On other terms, lebron james kicks serious ass. that kid's gonna become one of the greatest of all time!

The kid is very talented, but he won't be any better than MJ. Ever since Michael retired ( I'm talking about when he retired for the second? time in 98) journalists and sports analysis's have named at least 5 players to be the next MJ; Kobe, Carter, Mcgrady, Iverson, now James...out of the above 5, Kobe is the closest in attitude, skills, drive, leadership...but still not quite enough. Kobe's has had some nights in which he reminded me of the best Michael. He's not afraid to take over the responsability. People believe the Lakers won three titles because of Phil Jackson and Shaq, but let me ask you, was Shaq the go-to guy in the final seconds? No, Kobe was. That's the main reason why Shaq will never be the greatest.

Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2004, 07:01:12 AM »

Yeah, I heard that a few days ago. Good to have the NBA back.

The kid is very talented, but he won't be any better than MJ. Ever since Michael retired ( I'm talking about when he retired for the second? time in 98) journalists and sports analysis's have named at least 5 players to be the next MJ; Kobe, Carter, Mcgrady, Iverson, now James...out of the above 5, Kobe is the closest in attitude, skills, drive, leadership...but still not quite enough. Kobe's has had some nights in which he reminded me of the best Michael. He's not afraid to take over the responsability. People believe the Lakers won three titles because of Phil Jackson and Shaq, but let me ask you, was Shaq the go-to guy in the final seconds? No, Kobe was. That's the main reason why Shaq will never be the greatest.

I don't think anybody will be greater than his airness, i'm just saying that I thinks he'll become "one of the" greatest. he's just 19, look at what he's doing.....

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2004, 06:02:34 AM »

Hi!

I don'tknow anything about baseball!

..But I did see a hillarious clip from an NBA game where players got pissed off and began beating an  audience member. Since there is something wrong with me, i thought it was absolutely hillarious!If someone knows where to find the clip in net and posted a link I'd appreciate. yes

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2004, 10:46:40 AM »

NBA game....

No shit!? Tongue
« Last Edit: November 23, 2004, 10:48:34 AM by Ignatius » Logged
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2004, 11:27:45 AM »

NBA game....

No shit!  Tongue
LOL. Baseball basketball what's the difference. Idiots doing stuff with ball. Other idiots getting pissed off or all exited about it.
Anyway, I ment basketball Cheesy
...And noticed there's a thread about this.
I shut up now.

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2004, 03:56:31 AM »

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/news_story.asp?id=105601

I've had about enough of this cry-baby.

The PEAK of Vince Carter's career was Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Semis against Philly.  He missed the shot that would've put the Raps in the finals, and he hasn't done jack shit for the team since then.  The rumours are suggesting the Raps are looking to trade him for Abdur Rahim...... PLEASE do it.

I am amazed that this guy has been the leading vote getter for the All Star game for the past few years... what a garbage, overpaid, overrated player.

Does anyone else find this statement FUCKING ridiculous??  That's like saying "I don't want to get rebounds anymore."... It's part of the fucking game.  If he's not going to dunk, what's he going to do?  Keep taking last-minute jump shots through a double team?  rant
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2004, 03:14:31 PM »

I agree.

I remember in his first or second year ( the one in which he beat Steve Francis inthe Slam Dunk contest) me and my roommate used to argued whether Carter was going to be a better player than Michael or not. Of course I would tell him no way in hell will Vince take over Michael's throne, but Vince's ability to dunk and a few buzzer beaters that year, made my friend believe we was gonna be better than Michael. Even his cousin, T-Mac, was a secondary player when both played in Toronto. He got traded cause he wanted his share of the spotlight. Quite frankly, I thought he was never going to be as good as Vince, but time has proven me wrong. T-Mac has taken his game to the highest level, along with Bryant, Iverson, Garnett....but there's no sign of Vince.

Carter should at least consider to dunk again due to the fact that's the only thing that got it fame and glory to begin with.

Yeah, Toronto should trade him.
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2004, 04:45:11 PM »

Comparing Vince Carter with MJ is and has allways been ridiculous!  And with no dunks he can retire,because that was the only thing he was good at

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2004, 05:54:11 PM »

He should stop jogging, passing and shooting as well, the douche

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: