Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 06:43:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Songs which didn't make it..
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Songs which didn't make it..  (Read 7552 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2004, 06:07:20 PM »

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/misc/recordingsessions.html

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2004, 11:27:08 PM »

Crash Diet came from the Use Your Illusion sessions in 1990 so no, it couldn't have been used in Appetite.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2004, 07:03:36 AM »

Crash Diet came from the Use Your Illusion sessions in 1990 so no, it couldn't have been used in Appetite.

But the song was written before that as far as I remember.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2004, 12:45:12 PM »

I like all of the unreleased tracks I have heard so far. It's hard to tel if they woiuld have fit nicely on any album or not.

I do think "Crash Diet" would have worked on any album. I think "Shadow Of Your Love" and "Cornchucker" would have been nice on Lies.  I think there's a lot of potential with "Just Another Sunday".

It really would have been cool if they had a few of them on Live Era 87'-93'.  Smiley

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2004, 01:07:20 PM »

There are tons of other songs too we have not heard, UYI had over 60 songs they chose from plus that lost album in 1996 they made, i think it was 8 songs or so.  So gnr could have a great box set if they wanted to plus slash wants to put the UYI outtakes on an album where the songs sound rawer.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2004, 01:18:23 PM »

There are tons of other songs too we have not heard, UYI had over 60 songs they chose from plus that lost album in 1996 they made, i think it was 8 songs or so.? So gnr could have a great box set if they wanted to plus slash wants to put the UYI outtakes on an album where the songs sound rawer.

lost album they made??  Huh

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2004, 01:50:31 PM »

There are tons of other songs too we have not heard, UYI had over 60 songs they chose from plus that lost album in 1996 they made, i think it was 8 songs or so.? So gnr could have a great box set if they wanted to plus slash wants to put the UYI outtakes on an album where the songs sound rawer.

lost album they made??? Huh

yes duff talked about an album with slash, he and axl made in 1996 they had 8 songs done, then it all feel apart.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2004, 03:53:58 PM »

It was also on a compilation tape jarmo bought back in the day.

Called "Time To Rock"

/jarmo

although OT, but what is that about?

"Shadow Of Your Love" can be found on that compilation.

Along with other tracks from bands such as Faster Pussycat and Motley Crue.

/jarmo

k, thanks.

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
thelostrose
Rocker

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2004, 04:11:44 PM »

There are tons of other songs too we have not heard, UYI had over 60 songs they chose from plus that lost album in 1996 they made, i think it was 8 songs or so.  So gnr could have a great box set if they wanted to plus slash wants to put the UYI outtakes on an album where the songs sound rawer.

lost album they made??  Huh

yes duff talked about an album with slash, he and axl made in 1996 they had 8 songs done, then it all feel apart.

jarmo, can you confirm this? haven't heard of that before.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2004, 05:32:51 PM »

I remember hearing about them working on something in 1996 and that it was supposed to come out in 1997. But how many songs and how finished they were, that I don't remember.

/jarmo

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2004, 09:53:01 PM »

They should release that+ lots of live shows

The begining is gone on crash diet when i dl it

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2004, 01:34:39 AM »

Would it be possible for someone to put a link up to some of these un-released songs?  I obviously have a copy of crash diet, but have been unable to find a copy of any others through Kazaa or other file sharing programs.
anythinggoes
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2004, 03:22:04 AM »

Where they not the songs that Slash put forward and then used on his Five O clock somewhere album cause i remember Axl was pissed saying that they were GNR songs even though he didnt want to use them.
thelostrose
Rocker

« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2004, 06:06:46 AM »

Where they not the songs that Slash put forward and then used on his Five O clock somewhere album cause i remember Axl was pissed saying that they were GNR songs even though he didnt want to use them.

it's five o'clock somewhere was out in 1995, so he couldn't use those songs. slash put some songs on the album, with which axl wanted to work with, but he was too stubborn and wanted no changes in HIS songs.

Bahad
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2004, 11:02:32 AM »

I read in an inteview Slash saying they have forgetton to put crash diet on Illusions. Damn shame on you slash how can you forget that great song. Killer intro,killer riff.

Also Aint goin' down from Appetite days was a very good for song too. I'd rather prefer it instead of Anything goes.
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2004, 07:02:34 PM »

I read in an inteview Slash saying they have forgetton to put crash diet on Illusions. Damn shame on you slash how can you forget that great song. Killer intro,killer riff.

Also Aint goin' down from Appetite days was a very good for song too. I'd rather prefer it instead of Anything goes.
  No, no, no. We must have Anything Goes. "...panties 'round your knees with your ass in debris..." THAT'S Guns N' Roses baby. Turn it up BIIAATCHHH!

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2004, 10:04:08 PM »

No they are different finished songs that sounded like AFD style songs from what I remember.

GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2004, 10:20:49 PM »

ha, ive been thinking about that lately, i was gonna post something asking about more possble Illusion outakes. And now this '96 album!!! oh my god i hope these tracks will see the light of day eventually....

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2004, 10:22:30 PM »

UYI was supposted to be 4 albums but they made it two.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2004, 08:55:18 AM »

UYI was supposted to be 4 albums but they made it two.

It's four LPs. Wink

/jarmo

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: