Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 02:46:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Oklahoma
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Oklahoma  (Read 2484 times)
UziSuicide05
Opening Act

« on: February 04, 2005, 11:04:57 PM »

Can anyone give me some info on Oklahoma, is it going to be on CD?
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2005, 11:07:02 PM »

no one knows.. but yes, its one of the rumourd titles...

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
jnn
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2005, 11:31:32 PM »

I thought that Oklahoma ended up turning into one of the other new songs that they played on tour.  I think it was either Rhiad or Madagascar, I don't remember, but I know I heard something like that.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2005, 11:34:42 PM »

maybe this is intresting? peace

Another song, called ''Oklahoma'' - heard tonight only as an instrumental - was inspired by a court date with ex-wife Erin Everly. ''I was sitting in my litigation with my ex-wife, and it was the day after the bombing,'' Rose remembers with a wince. ''We had a break, and I'm sitting with my attorneys with a sort of smile on my face, more like a nervous thing - it was like, 'Forgive me, people, I'm having trouble taking this seriously.' It's just ironic that we're sitting there and this person is spewing all kinds of things and 168 people just got killed. And this person I'm sitting there with, she don't care. Obliterating me is their goal.''

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Tucka
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2005, 03:54:58 AM »

from www.mygnr.com

Rhiad & the Bedouins Formerly called "Oklahoma", performed live for the first time on January 1st 2001 at the "House Of Blues" in Las Vegas, USA.
DazRose85
Rocker

Devon, England, UK

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2005, 05:41:48 AM »

Oklahoma was written on the House Of Blues set list instead of Rhiad. It doesn't neccessarily mean they are the same song.

"You've gotta choice in life... rock n' roll or classical" - Axl

11/06/06 - Download Festival, Donington
30/07/06 - Wembley Arena, London
Death Cube K
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2005, 07:45:11 AM »

Exactly. Oklahoma and Rhiad got nothing to do with each other. It's just one of those GNR myths.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2005, 09:07:52 AM »

Oklahoma was written on the House Of Blues set list instead of Rhiad. It doesn't neccessarily mean they are the same song.
I don't think this Oklahoma song was on the setlist. I guess it was just a rumour...
And yes, Rhiad and Oklahoma are two different songs as far as we know.

SOH
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2005, 09:38:27 AM »

No, Oklahoma was played, according to that quote, "played here as an instrumental" and I've read that in the review of the show before.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2005, 09:46:03 AM »

No, Oklahoma was played, according to that quote, "played here as an instrumental" and I've read that in the review of the show before.

The "Another song, called ''Oklahoma'' - heard tonight only as an instrumental" part refers to it being played for the Rolling Stone journalist at the studio when he was interviewing Axl.

Axl Speaks, Rolling Stone, January 2000

It has nothing to with the Vegas show.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2005, 03:31:16 AM »

There was apparently a set-list someone got from the Vegas show, and it had the title 'Oklahoma' in the place where they played 'Riyadh'. When they start 'Riyadh', Axl clearly says 'This is called "Riyadh and the Bedouins". I highly doubt they'd change the name of the song from the time that list was printed (probably earlier that day) and the time of the show. No one knows the whole deal, but I assure you, they are two different songs...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2005, 09:00:33 AM »

There was apparently a set-list someone got from the Vegas show, and it had the title 'Oklahoma' in the place where they played 'Riyadh'. When they start 'Riyadh', Axl clearly says 'This is called "Riyadh and the Bedouins". I highly doubt they'd change the name of the song from the time that list was printed (probably earlier that day) and the time of the show. No one knows the whole deal, but I assure you, they are two different songs...
Yeah, I can hear Axl saying the title.
But I didn't see any reliable source or any proof that this setlist really exists... All I found was some reviews that even called Chinese Democracy (the song) as "untlited" or just "new song".
It might be just a hoax spreaded on the crowd after the gig.

anarchy
VIP

Smug

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2005, 03:16:26 PM »

Yeah, I can hear Axl saying the title.
But I didn't see any reliable source or any proof that this setlist really exists... All I found was some reviews that even called Chinese Democracy (the song) as "untlited" or just "new song".
It might be just a hoax spreaded on the crowd after the gig.

Either way, mygnr.com does a lot to keep that myth going by having "Rhiad & the Bedouins formerly "Oklahoma"" in its lyrics section. Bunch of wankers.  Tongue

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: