Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 06:56:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Most Expensive Album Never Made
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Most Expensive Album Never Made  (Read 80786 times)
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #120 on: March 05, 2005, 08:21:52 PM »

just a question:
What's the difference between "the most expensive record never made" and "the most expensive record ever made"?
is the word "never" negative in that context in the english language?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2005, 08:24:03 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #121 on: March 05, 2005, 08:29:29 PM »

"The most expensive record ever made" means just that, a record that costed more to make than any other. "Never made" is really a counterpart for that. It's the same thing as when they published "The Greatest Scifi/Comedy/Horror/etc. Films Ever Made" books and followed with "--- Films Never Made", which were about promising productions that never happened.

So it has a joke in it. Most money spent on music you'll never get to hear.

Strange, eh?

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #122 on: March 05, 2005, 08:31:59 PM »

Noizzy...I agree with you 100 percent. This article does not inspire any confidence about CD coming out anytime soon. In fact, it may cost us another year of waiting. It was an interesting read, but I wish it had never been written. I wish Axl would at least put a song or two on a soundtrack so the wait for CD won't be so horrible. As i've posted here before, I really think Axl should put out an EP of the new stuff we have already heard and that could easily buy him another year or two. His fans would be partially satisfied and it would clear some more space for CD.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #123 on: March 05, 2005, 08:33:53 PM »

are you going to say anthony that that article didn't seem like axl was going on a little much with getting computers? Maybe it ws for pittman's noises I don't know.. I just thinkmrecording studio and guys jamming.
But you are not understanding that Axl is bringing the whole ball of wax to the game. Every stone will be left unturned in regards to technology and instruments.
Jamming and recording is fine but this is not what Axl has in mind. Thats where we differ on this. And its not a thoery its a fact. Axl doesnt want to just jam. His goal is to make a complex record not a AFD or CB type record.

yes I knw your beliefs getting the guys out of the studio stretch their legs, little fun, etc.. I believe it's more and it hurts and sucks how it went down and over two years later still nothing.. I'm sorry I'm not optomisitic like you,I believe it's more and it hurts and sucks how it went down and over two years later still nothing.. I'm sorry I'm not optomisitic like you, but I once was just like everyone else here.
Its not a belief...its part of the plan. Thats my whole point and what i have been saying for years now. And this article backs me up even more. ?Axl has a plan and he was goin to do this in stages not all at once. I cant believe many of you arent seeing this. Go back and listen to what he says right after the Vmas. His plan is to take things a little step at a time...test the waters so to speak...the next move is the move weve all been waiting for.

Your last few sentences basically sums up what Im saying. I think many people thought that once GNr reappeared at Rio, Vmas and tour that the comeback was on. When in reality it was just a small step of the process. Sure it didnt help that the 2002 tour failed but in the grand scheme of things it didnt mean much in terms of the content on CD.

Sure we have had apparent release dates but as the article says it all basically came from pressure from the label and even the band members. For Axl to release it. But he is stubborn and will not release it until hes ready.

ANyways you quote to much fucking shit..
Many debates with Booker gets you in this habit sorry.

Are you going to see vr on long island jones beach.? If so let me know in a pm or something because I'm meeting up with a few people..
Na Im not. It would be cool to chill at a concert with you and talk gnr. Maybe I would be able to drive home the situation a little better for you. If I do go to a vr concert it will be at the Arts Center here in NJ. its like 15 min from my house.

What's the difference between "the most expensive record never made" and "the most expensive record ever made"?
is the word "never" negative in that context in the english language?
Theres a big difference.
Never would mean that the album would NEVER come out. Meaning the album didnt see the light of day whereas..
Ever means...it will be coming out whenever. An when it does it will be one of the most expensive album that does exist.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2005, 08:36:01 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #124 on: March 05, 2005, 08:43:57 PM »

Younggunner, you're probable too young to realize that GNR and axl wrote the book of "we don't give a fuck what you think, deal with it or fuck off "
Isnt this basically the same attitude Axl has right now? towards the music industry and his company?

Now, axl cares so much he can't let a stray note go by without rerecording it a thousand times..................sad.
How is it sad? Hes fortunate enough to be able to take his sweet ass time and has put himself in a position with his old band that can afford him to do whatver the hell he wnats to do creativley with his music.
Back then Axl couldnt do what hes doing now. Hes taking fulladvantage of his past success in order to make the album he wants.

Once again, many of us don't need a "masterpiece" we'd be happy with a solid disc of rocking music and a couple of epic ballads that axl loves.  And btw, just cus axl says he has 20 A list songs it doesn't mean anyone in the free world will agree.  So quit campaigning to be axl's publicist and deal with the fact that this album may be a madmans idea of what good music is at this point.
But a solid disc of music wont cut it. Its gnr, it has to be bigger than life.
I never said those A list songs will be accepted. They could be a hunk of junk. All Im saying is the possibility exists that there are gems in that vault. And with Axls resume Im willing to wager there are quite a few.
If I was Axls publicist you would all be very happy and understanding of the GNR situation...

Sign me up Beta...

And what if it's a huge disappointment ?  Notice no one that spoke about chinese democracy in the article claimed that axl had created a masterpiece but instead made it sound like a cluster fuck of music that has been overproduced.
If it bombs Axl makes a fool of himself. From a musical standpoint. Where in that article did it say it was overproduced? Also..for the 10th time that article has to do with 94-2000 where in fact it was chaos!

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #125 on: March 05, 2005, 08:46:07 PM »

ok thanks.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #126 on: March 05, 2005, 08:49:25 PM »

it's must be cool 4 musicians 2 have the opportunity 2 do this ?Smiley

They like music right? ?Roll Eyes Ever done a task you just loved doin, but had a time pressure 4 delivery?
These guys can experiment, and really get a feel it seems.
And the members had said makin cd is one of the best experience they ever had ?beer

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #127 on: March 05, 2005, 08:50:40 PM »

The most disconcerting aspect of that article is the fact that the label has cut him off financially. Geffen/Universal were always the wild cards in this process, having sunk millions into a project without a payoff. We could sense the uneasiness in the relationship when axl sued along with his former colleagues to stop the GH package, but we never heard a peep about the label's growing discontent over the returnless investment. Litigation is still possible, but I now have a fear that Universal could conceivably move to drop Axl and sue him for breach of contract. That action would set back CD for years.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #128 on: March 05, 2005, 08:57:46 PM »

I agree Vector. This article definitely shouldn't have came out. It may be the final nail in the coffin of our dreams to finally get to hear CD.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #129 on: March 05, 2005, 09:00:45 PM »

I agree Vector. This article definitely shouldn't have came out. It may be the final nail in the coffin of our dreams to finally get to hear CD.

why would it be the final nail in the coffin? There are reasons to be concerned but the article doesn't explain why tommy and diz heard near final mixes of the album. it doesn't include merck's glowing comments about the album either. There is some hope here, but we at least are beginning to see where the relationship between axl and his label has fallen.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #130 on: March 05, 2005, 09:03:46 PM »

Na Im not. It would be cool to chill at a concert with you and talk gnr. Maybe I would be able to drive home the situation a little better for you. If I do go to a vr concert it will be at the Arts Center here in NJ. its like 15 min from my house.

ok understand.. Maybe a day in brooklyn or manhatan.. Take you to a bar with lots of gnr in the jukebox.. Save on quotes adn typing as well.. Tickets ent on sale today for the jersey show just to let you know..  yes Grin beer
reynics22
« Reply #131 on: March 05, 2005, 09:06:56 PM »

seriously, i can't believe people think a little fucking article is the final nail in the coffin

you're all gonna be the first fucking people on the bandwagon when it comes out, and say "i always believed in you axl"
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #132 on: March 05, 2005, 09:10:46 PM »

I don't know about you Vector, but I don't believe anything that Tommy or Dizzy says anymore. Their credibility went out the window about 3 years ago. They always say the album's done. But I guess I shouldn't be too hard on them. They're probably just trying to give us fans some hope. But this article does not paint a pretty picture. To be honest, before this article came out I thought there was a chance for CD to come out this year. Now the chance is probably zero.

reynics22
« Reply #133 on: March 05, 2005, 09:14:56 PM »

I don't know about you Vector, but I don't believe anything that Tommy or Dizzy says anymore. Their credibility went out the window about 3 years ago. They always say the album's done. But I guess I shouldn't be too hard on them. They're probably just trying to give us fans some hope. But this article does not paint a pretty picture. To be honest, before this article came out I thought there was a chance for CD to come out this year. Now the chance is probably zero.

to be honest, before this article, i thought you were hoping to put down any chances of CD coming out. Now I know for sure.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #134 on: March 05, 2005, 09:16:18 PM »

The most disconcerting aspect of that article is the fact that the label has cut him off financially. ......but we never heard a peep about the label's growing discontent over the returnless investment
Actually there were numerous signs of that.

Younggunner, you're probable too young to realize that GNR and axl wrote the book of "we don't give a fuck what you think, deal with it or fuck off "   This the attitude that built the huge following and had millions loving axl and GNR.  Now, axl cares so much he can't let a stray note go by without rerecording it a thousand times..................sad.
Once again, many of us don't need a "masterpiece" we'd be happy with a solid disc of rocking music and a couple of epic ballads that axl loves.  And btw, just cus axl says he has 20 A list songs it doesn't mean anyone in the free world will agree. 
  Huh do you negative ppl know what you really want from GN'R? One minute You say "we don't give a fuck what you think, deal with it or fuck off "attitude built the huge following and had millions loving axl and GNR. the next minute you complain how he doesn't give a fuck about his fans?
I think both are far from the truth tho.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #135 on: March 05, 2005, 09:17:20 PM »

Reynic..its not just a little article. Its the first big media piece on Axl in 3 years and it sounds like a band in total disarray!! We all thought CD was on its way but its starting to sound like the LONG wait has just begun!!

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #136 on: March 05, 2005, 09:21:30 PM »

Reynic..its not just a little article. Its the first big media piece on Axl in 3 years and it sounds like a band in total disarray!! We all thought CD was on its way but its starting to sound like the LONG wait has just begun!!

what exactly is the proof that the album is a long time away? Can you enlighten everyone?

Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #137 on: March 05, 2005, 09:24:37 PM »

Hell, I remember loving GNR when they were the most uncool thing on the planet!!!
They are uncool now too, so eithe rhop on the train or get the fuck off.

Where the hell have you been, man? ?Guns N' Roses are way cool right now. ?Everybody I know at my university seems to have at least a couple Guns N' Roses MP3s. ?I see young people wearing GN'R t-shirts all the time. ?Here's what it is: while GN'R's original type of music itself is not that popular these days, the band itself has now joined the ranks of the classic rock icons and that kind of stuff is in nostalgiac vogue now.

My only question about the article is...

How the hell could Axl Rose and Buckethead go to Disneyland together without it being a widely reported fact? Huh?
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #138 on: March 05, 2005, 09:27:39 PM »

A big mistake is that decicions are made for you, in which you have no input at all.
Ever been stuck in a norm you felt inconfident in?

Like some girls needed 2 start wearin trousers and short hair, regardles of what they were suppose 2 do ?Tongue
I think the band give a fuck about the "rules", their musicians. ?Smiley

and when they feel, satisfied, confident and done with whatever it is that they're doin-
- it's them who feels it ?Smiley like you can't feel finsihed just because time or money has been used (like buisness men)
or let anyone controll you. ?Wink

And i think the band has an agenda for what they wanna acheive in the material as musicians-
-and this article seems like it the band runnin the show (thank god for that ?Roll Eyes ) and are dead set to do so!!!
So is kinda cool, not let anything stop you ok yes is very long time sleeping

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #139 on: March 05, 2005, 09:29:35 PM »

I think the lack of confidence by all parties involved is the first clue that all isn't well in the GNR world.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: