Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 12:19:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Most Expensive Album Never Made
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Most Expensive Album Never Made  (Read 80150 times)
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2005, 01:47:27 AM »

I should call Slash and tell him Axl needs him, I'm not kidding I'll fucken do it. Scott needs to go back to STP and Slash to talk to Axl. I used to love STP and GNR, VR can be a side gig. We need those two bands back. We need to insist Slash and Axl hook back up, otherwise we'll writing back and forth forever. It will never sound right, feel right, or be right to Axl untell he get SLASH     back, thats whats going on. Axl won't know it til he hears Slash playing once again right next to him. The fucken world will be in rows lined up in the streets for days just to buy that ticket or album.       

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2005, 02:04:24 AM »

I just don't get it! You as an ARTIST should know the tools that help you create! why throw them all away? ( Slash, Izzy and Duff ) 

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2005, 02:09:36 AM »

I felt really depressed after reading that

then very fuckin ecstatic because it said axl has 20 A list songs

gotta take some positive out of the negative

because if this is true it really means maddy and the blues arent the big guns and he really in truly does have big guns

come on people, stop the pessimistic shit! Axl's ok, just unique and different than most

u cant rush creativity

wanna know why a lot of records suck?

because people try to force creativity

if axl is feeling it, he creates

if he isnt feeling it, he stays at the house

nothing wrong with that

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2005, 02:15:44 AM »

You really think so , I hope your right! D, I hope your right! it's becoming a major joke.

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2005, 03:47:58 AM »

Boom boom boom

waa waa waa ... dudes, chill out. Whether this little story came out or not, here we are, same as we always were. Blahdee blah blah. Take a step back and reavalute this article. What, it reconfirmed all your fears? How fucking lame. You think the fear that you feel is Axl's? Who the fuck are you, to be feeling sorry for Axl? This is W. Axl Rose. W.A.R. son. He probably sees this shit and laughs, " HA HA HA" while he takes his bubble bath and gets his dick sucked.

Enough is enough. Chinese D will be out when he is damn good and ready (or when the will of the force tells him). But Axl is a bad motherfucker. Not a "Charity Case."

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2005, 05:25:25 AM »

I just don't get it! You as an ARTIST should know the tools that help you create! why throw them all away? ( Slash, Izzy and Duff )

They left you dick! How many thousands of times has that got to be stated?

a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2005, 05:30:10 AM »

Boom boom boom

waa waa waa ... dudes, chill out. Whether this little story came out or not, here we are, same as we always were. Blahdee blah blah. Take a step back and reavalute this article. What, it reconfirmed all your fears? How fucking lame. You think the fear that you feel is Axl's? Who the fuck are you, to be feeling sorry for Axl? This is W. Axl Rose. W.A.R. son. He probably sees this shit and laughs, " HA HA HA" while he takes his bubble bath and gets his dick sucked.

Enough is enough. Chinese D will be out when he is damn good and ready (or when the will of the force tells him). But Axl is a bad motherfucker. Not a "Charity Case."

Good post mate! Good outlook!

It was a good article I thought though! Really good read Booker Floyd!! Very Interesting! I still believe so whole heartedly that this album is very close to coming out! And I mean this year!!

Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2005, 07:00:29 AM »

From the The International Herald Tribune

"What Axl wanted to do," one recording expert who was there recalls, "was to make the best record that had ever been made."

I have mixed feelings when reading this...

How pretentious that can be?

As somebody pointed out with the "Wonder Boys" analogy, this scares the shit out of me. If he really wants to make the best record that has ever been made, it's very unlikely that we will ever see that record. Axl is the ultimate perfectionist, no matter how good the record is, there will always be finish touches to be worked on. That's the price you pay when you are an artist who imposes himself the highest expectations. If he was to change his frame of mind, he would release the album tomorrow. But if he still wants to release the greatest record ever, we will never see that record. Period.

However the good part is, there's a new GNR article in a few nation wide newspapers. This ain't no college newspaper or some rumour site, this is the NY times. If the times publishes this article is because it appeals to people. This may be a good sign. Why did the New York Times publish this article this year and not last year? or a few years ago?...the article jumps from Axl's comeback at the VMA's to present...that's a 3  year gap. Last year this article wouldn't have had the same interest because CD was not done, however this year may finally be the year ( otherwise The Times wouldn't have published it)

Either way, I do remain positive.

RichardNixon
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2005, 07:34:32 AM »

I don't think this article was a diss against Axl or the new GN'R at all. A real diss against GN'R would be no article at all--a complete and total lack of interest. Having an article about "Chinese Democracy" in 2005 shows that Axl Rose IS still relevant.

However, the content of the article was pretty depressing Cry I'm starting to think that there will never be "Chinese Democracy."
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2005, 07:48:25 AM »

well i understand axl a bit more, but i still think hes a asshole. And whoever said scott weilend should go back to STP is pissed. VR are a great new band..one of the only true good band with a album worth buying. Unlike the shit at the moment like green day....franz ferdinand *shudder*.

VR are great they have this difference to them.

html sucks
madagas
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2005, 08:34:05 AM »

Buddha, YOU are the fucking man...a little coffee and laughter always makes for a good morning.  ok Regarding the article, I thought it was good and honest. If you take various bits and pieces of band members interviews and mix them with some consistent rumors, you get the same story. Tons of music and ideas, no completion. He's a crazy motherfucker-makes me want to hear the material even more. Kiss
Fuckin' Gunner
Kamikaze
Rocker

nightrain.cjb.net

« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2005, 08:39:56 AM »

Well, it's hard to express myself with my poor english, but let's try...

I can't believe that it's so easy to influence so many people just writing a negative article.

It's very easy for them to make Axl look like a crazy and just interview some "anonimous" to create a stronger background for it. Did they bring up a fact, something that really shows that the things are really like this?

Oh, c'mon...

Stay Tuned for news and information on Chinese Democracy coming soon.
[posted 3/9/2003 U.S.A.]

Nightrain - O site mais perigoso do planeta
usurper
« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2005, 08:51:27 AM »

I am getting tired of waiting, Axl is a perfectionist, but even perfectionists do something. Nobody has ever taken 14 years for one album, we are not asking for a masterpiece we just want an album to listen to and enjoy. Fucking hell, is that too much to ask?
chas
Headliner

« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2005, 08:51:36 AM »

After reading this article one of the last comments on 'GnR:Behind The Music' sticks out to me......"in his mind he is searching for a perfection that might just not be possible".....maybe Axl needs to realise this and release the fucker, even though its imperfect in his mind.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2005, 09:41:30 AM »

We need to insist Slash and Axl hook back up, otherwise we'll writing back and forth forever. It will never sound right, feel right, or be right to Axl untell he get SLASH
Axl knows that, but he is too proud to recognize that point. He recognized that point just once, in an interview in 1999. Most of the time he has always avoided that point.Everytime he goes on stage, the crowd screams "Slash!". This is something he could NEVER fight against until Slash really comes back. This pressure of Slash shadow will always be there. Even if Jimmy Hendrix revived and came to GN'R, it also wouldn't "make it" for Guns N' Roses. Slash is waaaayyy too much important, too much legendary and too much unique, to be "replaced". It's not (only) a musical question, but a human one.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2005, 09:43:43 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2005, 10:32:31 AM »

Slash and Co made VR! They would not quit, to go back to Axl. Forget about it! There is too much "complications!" for that to happen! At least in this Decade! So please!!! They are not a team anymore! And it is a loooong time since they were!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2005, 10:37:53 AM »

That's all it is, it's the guitar and the vocals that'll perfect this alubm. Axl doesn't have to prove that to anybody, you can hear it for yourself.  I'm not crying! it's a joke! I'm laughing at all the stories I've read about people that have work with Axl in the past decade. Nobody really knows what's going on! I don't see Slash comming back either, but the true facts hurt. 

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2005, 10:45:12 AM »

Slash and Duff would and will go back to Axl in time, if Axl doesn't kill himself before that time.  What they are doing with Scott is making great music.  But after there three records and years of touring, they will have proven themselves as great muscians outside of GNR.  Time heals all wounds and they will get those songs they wrote with Izzy and make one hell of an album.  But right now they are having too much fun playing gigs and writing new music to even think about getting involved with Axl.  They will all play together again one day.  And to GunsUK, in a recent article, Scott talks about his promising friendship that has blossomed again with Dean Deleo.  So yes, Scott will write with him again too.  Its like VR is the vehicle to make them who they are again..............Given time they may be ready for what made them famous the first time around.  Hell, how awesome would it be if STP and GNR did a tour together, and maybe did some VR tunes!
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2005, 10:51:51 AM »

:rant:estranged33, your so lost, I KNOW THEY LEFT YOU DICK! I was at Slashes house and Axl never called Slash. Axl blew it. Slash was willing, to much time went by Slash had to move on.   

Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2005, 10:55:30 AM »

Smoking Gun, that would nice! that would fucking nice!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: