Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 06:12:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  HTGTH t-shirts - part 2 [Design poll - vote for a design]
Poll
Question: Which design do you prefer
#1 - Address on front - 28 (20.1%)
#2 - Address and slogan on front - 15 (10.8%)
#3 - Address on back - 29 (20.9%)
#4 - Address and slogan on back - 54 (38.8%)
No preference, all of them are fine with me - 13 (9.4%)
Total Voters: 121

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: HTGTH t-shirts - part 2 [Design poll - vote for a design]  (Read 23882 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #100 on: May 08, 2005, 05:41:32 PM »

I think the main reason for the sudden disinterest in the shirts is because you'll only sell them to people with Paypal. Alot of people don't have Paypal. The shirts would sell like hotcakes if you had the option to buy with a money order. I guess us non Paypal fans will have to wait for a shirt to surface on Ebay.

Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #101 on: May 08, 2005, 06:30:25 PM »

I'm not sure about that. The voting didn't exactly go like crazy even before we announced what the payment method would be.
I've had tons of problems with foreign money orders before, that's why we can't accept them. If we accepted them, soon enough some people would want to send cash, cheques or god knows what. Sorry but this is not an online store where you can pick and choose whatever you want. We're just individuals doing the best we can during our free time.
Besides, I really don't see what the big deal is with opening a Paypal account. It's free after all, and not that hard to use.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #102 on: May 08, 2005, 07:25:15 PM »

Pandora, I'm not trying to insult what you guys are trying to do. I think its cool that you are doing this for us fans. But alot of people dont have credit cards to open a paypal account. Alot of people don't even have a bank account. I can see how it would be a hassle to deal with money orders. I dont have Paypal or a credit card. So unfortunately, I wont be able to get a shirt. I hope someone who buys some will sell one on Ebay.

Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #103 on: May 09, 2005, 04:12:40 AM »

You don't need a credit or debit card to have a paypal account. Just a checking account will do.

Verified paypal members must have a few credit cards and can send and receive as much money as they want, if you are not verified, you can even send and recieve payments up to $250 ( I think).

On a side note, pretty much everybody on ebay has a paypal account, It's much easier and convenient. I'm not a heavy ebay user, but I've bought a few things. The seller's only payment method was paypal or credit card.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #104 on: May 09, 2005, 10:04:01 AM »

Yes we do have a quote for a minimum of 100 shirts, and it's much inferior to $15, but we haven't talked about that yet.
I can't quite figure out either why we suddenly have so few people voting.

Maybe because people expressed their interest and have not returned to the thread again.....

The thread title only says "NEW POLL", but not it's subject.? They MIGHT just assume it's a new poll on whether people are interested, and figure they already said they were.? Or they may just not have noticed it.

Just a suggestion:? If you can see who voted, and who hasn't, on the design...maybe contact those, via PM, from the original thread who said they'd like a shirt and ask them to vote if they are still interested?

Or, if you can't see who's already voted..maybe just send a PM off to all 125 people who originally voted and ask them to vote on the style IF they're still interested?

Just a suggestion.

In addition, since the original voting you've said 1) No "big" sizes (XXL or bigger), Paypal only payment, and, I think, "one size" girl shirts.

That, too, may cull your potential buyers down.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2005, 10:05:59 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #105 on: May 09, 2005, 11:29:52 AM »

As far as I know we can't see who has voted and who hasn't. I can't anyway, maybe Jarmo can but I doubt it.

If we don't offer different sizes for girl shirts or sizes over XL (damn me, I didn't even know there was anything over XXL), it's because the printing company doesn't make them.
They probably don't get a lot of requests for sizes over XL. And as far as fit cuts go, it's pretty common to see them in one size only. Nothing exceptional there.

Once again, it would be nice to be able to cater to a larger audience, but it's just technically impossible.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #106 on: May 10, 2005, 09:46:17 AM »

As far as I know we can't see who has voted and who hasn't. I can't anyway, maybe Jarmo can but I doubt it.

If we don't offer different sizes for girl shirts or sizes over XL (damn me, I didn't even know there was anything over XXL), it's because the printing company doesn't make them.
They probably don't get a lot of requests for sizes over XL. And as far as fit cuts go, it's pretty common to see them in one size only. Nothing exceptional there.

Once again, it would be nice to be able to cater to a larger audience, but it's just technically impossible.

Pandora,
? ?Don't get me wrong. I completely understand WHY the decisions were made, etc.? I'm just saying that now that the info has come out, there may be people who won't/can't buy a shirt.? That's all.? Given this web site isn't really in the "t-shirt" business, I dont' think anyone expects you to be able to cater to everyone.

Oh, and for the record, I'm 6 ft 3.? XL's are just too dang short.? One wash and dry of a cotton t and it's almost impossible to wear. XXL's are perfect (that's what my current HTGTH '02 tour shirt is...and yes, I still wear it)....

My brother is 6ft 9.? Anything less than a 3XL on him is comical....like a belly shirt.

Together again,
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #107 on: May 10, 2005, 10:03:04 AM »

Pandora,
   Don't get me wrong. I completely understand WHY the decisions were made, etc.  I'm just saying that now that the info has come out, there may be people who won't/can't buy a shirt.  That's all.  Given this web site isn't really in the "t-shirt" business, I dont' think anyone expects you to be able to cater to everyone.

I know it wasn't a criticism but I still felt the need to answer  Grin

Oh, and for the record, I'm 6 ft 3.  XL's are just too dang short. 

Oh so it's a question of length ! I thought it was the width that bothered you  Lips Sealed

Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #108 on: May 10, 2005, 10:14:14 AM »

Length, witdh, size...

Am I on the wrong message board?  hihi
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #109 on: May 10, 2005, 03:21:38 PM »

Pandora,
? ?Don't get me wrong. I completely understand WHY the decisions were made, etc.? I'm just saying that now that the info has come out, there may be people who won't/can't buy a shirt.? That's all.? Given this web site isn't really in the "t-shirt" business, I dont' think anyone expects you to be able to cater to everyone.

I know it wasn't a criticism but I still felt the need to answer? Grin

Oh, and for the record, I'm 6 ft 3.? XL's are just too dang short.?

Oh so it's a question of length ! I thought it was the width that bothered you? Lips Sealed

Smiley

Yup, length, not width. (Why do I have the feeling there is a REALLY bad dirty joke mired somewhere in these posts?)

Even XLT (Xtra Large Tall) would work...but those are REALLY hard to find outside of specialty shops.  But XL's just won't work....much to my dismay.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #110 on: May 10, 2005, 03:22:41 PM »

Length, witdh, size...

Am I on the wrong message board?? hihi

Didn't you hear? Jarmo has a new hosting company:

Playboy.

You should start seeing Heff post any day now...and just wait til you see the Pandora pictorial.

Together again,
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #111 on: May 10, 2005, 03:41:06 PM »

and just wait til you see the Pandora pictorial.

Hey, that was supposed to be kept under covers until the very last minute ! You spoiled all the secrecy  Angry

Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #112 on: May 11, 2005, 07:01:27 AM »

I think the main reason for the sudden disinterest in the shirts is because you'll only sell them to people with Paypal. Alot of people don't have Paypal. The shirts would sell like hotcakes if you had the option to buy with a money order. I guess us non Paypal fans will have to wait for a shirt to surface on Ebay.
Maybe you know someone with a paypal account (and lives in your country), and can send him/her some money so they can pay for you through paypal..i have done that myself for several dutch fans i know.

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #113 on: May 11, 2005, 08:10:02 AM »

Yes we do have a quote for a minimum of 100 shirts, and it's much inferior to $15, but we haven't talked about that yet.
I can't quite figure out either why we suddenly have so few people voting.

Maybe because people expressed their interest and have not returned to the thread again.....

The thread title only says "NEW POLL", but not it's subject.? They MIGHT just assume it's a new poll on whether people are interested, and figure they already said they were.? Or they may just not have noticed it.

Just a suggestion:? If you can see who voted, and who hasn't, on the design...maybe contact those, via PM, from the original thread who said they'd like a shirt and ask them to vote if they are still interested?

Or, if you can't see who's already voted..maybe just send a PM off to all 125 people who originally voted and ask them to vote on the style IF they're still interested?

Just a suggestion.

In addition, since the original voting you've said 1) No "big" sizes (XXL or bigger), Paypal only payment, and, I think, "one size" girl shirts.

That, too, may cull your potential buyers down.

or maybe once you get the minimum of 100 votes, and you decide to go on with this shirt, Jarmo can send out a email to all users about this shirt...maybe you can even get more ppl interested in a shirt.

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #114 on: May 11, 2005, 09:35:39 AM »

Can I pay with Cash?? Im from Ecuador if that help a little  confused

No man can be my equal
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #115 on: May 11, 2005, 12:46:39 PM »

Can I pay with Cash??

No. Once again, Paypal will be the only accepted payment method.

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #116 on: May 11, 2005, 04:21:34 PM »

i think the idea to send an email to all users would help a lot.

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #117 on: May 12, 2005, 06:51:36 AM »

you guys should be handin' those fucken shirts over!!

throw in some bike shorts too cunt!!

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #118 on: May 12, 2005, 07:32:14 AM »

you guys should be handin' those fucken shirts over!!

throw in some bike shorts too cunt!!

Aren't you tough.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #119 on: May 12, 2005, 01:44:07 PM »

When can we start paying! I am ready Kiss
Would be great to have them in the summer season!!  ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: