Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 05:23:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227993 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "NEW" Guns N Roses songs, lyrics and your expectation...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "NEW" Guns N Roses songs, lyrics and your expectation...  (Read 3856 times)
Carlos_f_Rose
« on: April 15, 2005, 08:09:40 PM »

I think its really important to know what the fans think about these prior songs, lyrics.. and what is your expectacion about the new album (chinese democracy), Personally:

1.- New Songs, excelent sounds...
2.- The lyrics , I think the lyrics talk mostly about former guns n roses, like slash and? Duff, specially Rhiad and the Bedouins... I think it might be, Slash and Duff or someone else... , In madagascar you listened "Forgive them that tear down my soul", Who are we going to forgive? - Slash and the gang, who in the words of Axl, have brought down his expectationes to improve Guns N Roses... and so on...
3.- Personally I expect more songs like LOCOMOTIVE, wich for me, is the best Guns n Roses song...

And I would really love a DOBLE DISC... wouldnt you as a big GNR fan, love that too?

I hope you post your opinion... and tell what you feel about the lyrics too...
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2005, 08:11:39 PM »

Be honest Guys, Wouldn't you love a DOBLE DISC  a NEW DOBLE DISCHuh?
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2005, 08:16:21 PM »

it would be great! If its "one disc" cd, ill drop work for 1 week. So, if its a "dobble disc" i guess its fair to drop work for 2 weeks...  beer

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2005, 08:42:05 PM »

Double disc would be great but only if the songs are good enough

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2005, 10:10:32 PM »

2.- The lyrics , I think the lyrics talk mostly about former guns n roses, like slash and? Duff, specially Rhiad and the Bedouins

Well I DON'T think so.

Honestly, Slash and Axl last talked what.... 10 years ago?  Honestly, do you really think NOTHING else significant has happened in Axl's life since then?  Do you remember what you were doing 10 years ago?  Who you were friends with?  Who you had a falling out with?  Sure the situation may be a little bit different considering they were in a huge rock band together, but 10 FUCKIN YEARS?  I'm sure Axl has had time to write songs about something other than his former bandmates.  At least I hope so... if we get an album filled with lyrics directed at the old GN'R:   Roll Eyes
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2005, 12:48:50 PM »

Well maybe Axl didnt intentionally want to talk about old gnr boys, but what is pretty clear to me, is that he does it...
1.- Chinese Democracy .- Cause it would take a lot more hate than you to stop the fascination (Axl said several times, he was frustrated by his "others" friends to develope "a better Gnr").

2.- Rhyad and the Bedouins .- Riyadh and the Bedouins  Had a plan and thought they'd win But I don?t give a fuck bout them (Slash and Duff have a plan...)

3.-  Madagascar .- Forgive them that tear down my soul  (Forgive who, Slash and the guys of course)

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2005, 01:02:56 PM »

Huh?  That just sounds like you straining to apply Axl's lyrics to the old band.
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2005, 01:11:29 PM »

Carlos, dude, the fact that your are obsessed by the old members doesn't mean that Axl is obsessed by your ideas  Tongue

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
Mateoson
Rocker

Free Axl!

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2005, 01:22:38 PM »

Well maybe Axl didnt intentionally want to talk about old gnr boys, but what is pretty clear to me, is that he does it...
1.- Chinese Democracy .- Cause it would take a lot more hate than you to stop the fascination (Axl said several times, he was frustrated by his "others" friends to develope "a better Gnr").

2.- Rhyad and the Bedouins .- Riyadh and the Bedouins  Had a plan and thought they'd win But I don?t give a fuck bout them (Slash and Duff have a plan...)

3.-  Madagascar .- Forgive them that tear down my soul  (Forgive who, Slash and the guys of course)

That's all your interpretation...

Irish rose
Rocker

You're Gonna Die!!

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2005, 01:23:31 PM »

the first thing that struck me about the madagascar lyrics was that they could be related to the original members.

I also thought he was saying "im not in denial, im so afraid"....turns out those arent the lyrics? "mirred in denial, and so afraid" are the correct ones i believe.

"I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich"
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2005, 01:26:43 PM »

Hell yeah, it might be right I love the old band more than the new one... but, honestly, im not trying to make it look like if axl is actually trying to talk about old mates, he is....
anyway , that is just my opinion, id like you to tell what you think about the NEW LYRICS... and a possible Doble Disc
GNR-Chris
Headliner

Chinese Democracy Starts Now!

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2005, 02:40:34 PM »

I would really like a Doble disc, but only if it is all in Dobly Stereo...

ok? Grin

GNR-Chris
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: