Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 11:28:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227992 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash and Marshall
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash and Marshall  (Read 3197 times)
aRs
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: April 17, 2005, 02:20:33 PM »

I discovery this link, on Marshall Amps Site, www.marshallamps.com

http://www.marshallamps.com/images/marshalllaw/mlaw/issue3/adam.html

The best Guns N' Roses brazilian forum
www.gnrsuicide.cjb.net
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 04:44:56 AM »

I think it is kind of old this article, coz he says he joined Slash in 88, and been with him for around 9 years, so that makes it out to have been made in 97, but I enjoyed it so thanks man !

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
sg4eva
Opening Act

Owned!

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 10:01:09 PM »

Slash had a beautiful line of signature amps for a while, from the JCM series I believe, too bad they were discontinued.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2005, 08:03:23 AM »

this guy that rehearse with my band now and then, had heard this story from a guy he knows who had been backstage at a GN'R show in the early 90s, this is what he said:
I remember going backstage meeting the guys, and to my surprise I noticed that behind Slash's Marshall stacks, was a Mesa stack that he was actually plugged into..

I don't really believe the story, but I found it pretty strange that this random guy would make up this story and tell it to my pal who's not really even a GN'R fan. Undecided

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
darkmonth
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2005, 04:47:29 PM »

Slash had a beautiful line of signature amps for a while, from the JCM series I believe, too bad they were discontinued.

Discontinued is a bad word to use... they were limited edition.  They were never meant to be continued as such...
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2005, 09:00:26 PM »

this guy that rehearse with my band now and then, had heard this story from a guy he knows who had been backstage at a GN'R show in the early 90s, this is what he said:
I remember going backstage meeting the guys, and to my surprise I noticed that behind Slash's Marshall stacks, was a Mesa stack that he was actually plugged into..

I don't really believe the story, but I found it pretty strange that this random guy would make up this story and tell it to my pal who's not really even a GN'R fan. Undecided
It's not that surprising really.  Angus young used to tour with a huge rack, and use mesa's all the while claiming that he only ever used a Plexi.  Dimebag Darrell (RIP) used to plug into Marshall's and various other valve amps whilst exclusively endorsing Randall.

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
sg4eva
Opening Act

Owned!

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2005, 12:31:00 AM »

Discontinued is a bad word to use... they were limited edition.  They were never meant to be continued as such...

Sorry, my mistake, bad choice of words I guess.
electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2005, 02:28:02 PM »

Right.
darkmonth
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2005, 04:58:36 PM »

It's not that surprising really.? Angus young used to tour with a huge rack, and use mesa's all the while claiming that he only ever used a Plexi.? Dimebag Darrell (RIP) used to plug into Marshall's and various other valve amps whilst exclusively endorsing Randall.

Mate... Mesa amps don't sound like that Wink  You don't buy a Mesa if you want the Marshall growl... and you don't buy a Marshall if you want the Mesa tone.  So, I'm afraid I do not believe any of that for one second.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2005, 08:16:43 PM »

I remember back when he toured with Ronnie Wood there was one person swearing he was plugged into a mesa boogie for the tour rather than a marshall.

But um.. I'm pretty sure that was disproven.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2005, 09:02:52 AM »

It's not that surprising really.? Angus young used to tour with a huge rack, and use mesa's all the while claiming that he only ever used a Plexi.? Dimebag Darrell (RIP) used to plug into Marshall's and various other valve amps whilst exclusively endorsing Randall.

Mate... Mesa amps don't sound like that Wink? You don't buy a Mesa if you want the Marshall growl... and you don't buy a Marshall if you want the Mesa tone.? So, I'm afraid I do not believe any of that for one second.

yeah, I don't really believe it myself, just thought it was worth mentioning ok

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
WanaBGunner
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2005, 11:45:34 AM »

U know, it really wouldnt be that hard to trick people into thinking your using something other than what you really say you are. His guitar tech sets everything up, he could easly have a few Mesa amps in black boxes so u couldnt tell wut it is. And he probly makes hella lots of money from marshall and switched after all that happend. He wants to keep his Les Paul + Marshall = bad boy true rock image...
darkmonth
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2005, 12:15:50 PM »

U know, it really wouldnt be that hard to trick people into thinking your using something other than what you really say you are. His guitar tech sets everything up, he could easly have a few Mesa amps in black boxes so u couldnt tell wut it is. And he probly makes hella lots of money from marshall and switched after all that happend. He wants to keep his Les Paul + Marshall = bad boy true rock image...

no... please... read my previous post.  It would be hard to trick people.  Mesa and Marshall exist for different reasons.  They sound different.  Beleive me, Slash is using Marshall amps.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: