Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 01:59:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227939 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Trent tells Finck "F*ck you"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trent tells Finck "F*ck you"  (Read 29767 times)
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2005, 11:48:35 AM »

Could be, or was it his fixation/fascination with all things NIN that made him seek Robin out?

Finck is no stranger to the circus - Matt Sorum found him playing with Cirque Du Soleil. "I told Axl to see him and he said, 'That's our guitar player,"' says Sorum. "I said, 'Bring in Robin to play alongside Slash,' but Axl said, 'I want him to play lead."'

Spin magazine, July 1999

/jarmo

Understood.

However, I find it extremely hard to beleive Axl (or Matt for that matter) had no prior knowledge of Robin's involvement in NIN.?

I seriously doubt they stumbled upon him at the circus.

Well, dident Robin play with NIN when NIN opend for GNR back in 199(?)  ... I beleve so! And im pretty sure there is alot more behind  it!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2005, 12:10:26 PM »

Well, dident Robin play with NIN when NIN opend for GNR back in 199(?)? ... I beleve so! And im pretty sure there is alot more behind? it!

No, Robin wasn't in the band in 1991.

I think Axl got Robin because he thought Robin could help him create the kind of record he wanted to create.

Do you think Richard was asked to join because Axl wanted to make an NSYNC album?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2005, 12:24:40 PM »

Could be, or was it his fixation/fascination with all things NIN that made him seek Robin out?

However, I find it extremely hard to beleive Axl (or Matt for that matter) had no prior knowledge of Robin's involvement in NIN. 

I seriously doubt they stumbled upon him at the circus.

Yeah, but you also say,

Axl chose someone with no record of creative input in NIN

If he'd been that NIN freak, he would have known more than you do including the quote above if true.
Axl sought out someone with no record of creative input in NIN but just played for the shows? Is it what you mean?
I'd rather find this extremely hard to believe.

I think NIN is not the only band Axl likes.
On the other hand Robin may happen to be the only guy who's been in two bands you like.

Shocked Maybe Axl's real aim was "Dada" Robin not NIN from da start!!! Whata  Cheek!!! Cheesy

Anyhow I'm glad to hear that you like Robin. Grin
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #83 on: May 05, 2005, 12:40:56 PM »

I think Axl got Robin because he thought Robin could help him create the kind of record he wanted to create.

Agreed..to a degree.

Speculating here of course, I think Axl flat out loves the fact the Robin was in NIN and was not hired solely on his ability as player, but somewhat on his association with a band Axl had fixated on.

Do you think Richard was asked to join because Axl wanted to make an NSYNC album?

I never mentioned Richard.

/jarmo

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2005, 12:50:21 PM »

I never mentioned Richard.

I know. I did.  Tongue

I don't think it hurt that Robin had been in NIN, but I don't think it was the most important thing.

He just happened to be available when GN'R needed a guitar player.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2005, 01:05:47 PM »

I don't think it hurt that Robin had been in NIN, but I don't think it was the most important thing.

It's impossible to quantify the factors involved, however I feel his involvement in NIN was indeed a major factor.  Not the only reason, but big reason nonetheless.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #86 on: May 05, 2005, 01:17:28 PM »

And what about trying to sogn Chris Vrenna for GN'R? He didn't play for Circle... Face it, Axl wanted to make his own pretty hate machine I mean his own Nine Inch Nails.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2005, 01:22:01 PM »

And what about trying to sogn Chris Vrenna for GN'R? He didn't play for Circle... Face it, Axl wanted to make his own pretty hate machine I mean his own Nine Inch Nails.

Yep, I forgot about his pursuit of Vrenna.

More fuel to the fire for sure.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #88 on: May 05, 2005, 01:31:27 PM »

Oh so by your logic that must mean that Slash and Duff wanted to make an STP album because they got Scott right?

Robin was not in NIN when axl first saw him, and again just because Chris and Robin played with live NIN does not mean anything since neither of them helped write a single note on only NIN album.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #89 on: May 05, 2005, 01:36:46 PM »

Ok so Vrenna was involved with GNR. this answers my question from before- I knew it, it's true.

I wonder if there were any less prolific members of NIN's circle that Axl brought in.

Kudos to who can come up with any more

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #90 on: May 05, 2005, 01:38:30 PM »

Oh so by your logic that must mean that Slash and Duff wanted to make an STP album because they got Scott right?

Robin was not in NIN when axl first saw him, and again just because Chris and Robin played with live NIN does not mean anything since neither of them helped write a single note on only NIN album.

You know, isn't that pretty much what Slash and Duff did do? Make an STP album? Contraband sounds a shit load more like STP then GNR, and not just because Weiland is singing. Style is very STP but with more guitar solos.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #91 on: May 05, 2005, 01:44:49 PM »

Robin was not in NIN when axl first saw him,...

Are you saying Axl had no idea who Robin was before he and Matt saw him at the circus?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #92 on: May 05, 2005, 01:45:49 PM »

Ok so Vrenna was involved with GNR. this answers my question from before- I knew it, it's true.

I wonder if there were any less prolific members of NIN's circle that Axl brought in.

Kudos to who can come up with any more

I dont know if he laid down any tracks but I know he was asked, but he was too buy with other stuff like doing music for video games ( I think it was Alice he was working on when Axl asked him)

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #93 on: May 05, 2005, 01:51:01 PM »

Are you saying Axl had no idea who Robin was before he and Matt saw him at the circus?
I dont know I am not Axl, you would have to ask him that. Axl my never have seen Finck play? before seeing him at that show since Finck only toured with NIN and was never on any of their albums. since Trent played everything at that point in time.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 01:53:18 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #94 on: May 05, 2005, 01:53:52 PM »

I dont know I am not Axl, you would have to ask him that.

A bit naive to even assume that was the first time he was made aware of Robin Finck, don't you think?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #95 on: May 05, 2005, 01:58:36 PM »

Listen, Axl is a BIG fan of NIN. There is NO Way NO How that he didn't know Robin Finck first as the Robin Finck, NIN guitarist.

Get fucking real.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #96 on: May 05, 2005, 02:02:09 PM »

Listen, Axl is a BIG fan of NIN. There is NO Way NO How that he didn't know Robin Finck first as the Robin Finck, NIN guitarist.

Get fucking real.

Exactly.

Vrenna, Finck, "Oh My God"...

From the sublime to the ridiculous, as it continues.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #97 on: May 05, 2005, 02:02:53 PM »

Unless Axl saw NIN live which I guess he didnt nice Matt showed Axl his playing at the Cirus show when Axl said I want that guy to play lead. You really think if Axl saw his playing before that he wouldnt have said something before seeing him at the Cirus show?

Here is an analogy Gilby Clark with gnr. If you were a huge gnr fan in 1992 and didnt get to see them live on the UYI tour, then you would really have no clue about his guitar ability since before that point he never played on a gnr album or any album ?you heard. ?Understand?

Axl may know who he was and who he played with (NIN) but that doesnt mean he ever heard his playing.
When NIN opened for Gnr i dont think robin was the guitarist. Robin joined nin in 1991 while axl was on the UYI tour, You really think Axl took off time from taht tour to go see robin play with NIN?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 02:06:19 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #98 on: May 05, 2005, 02:08:22 PM »

Axl may know who he was and who he played with (NIN) but that doesnt mean he ever heard his playing.

Are you saying Axl "may" have known about Robin's involvement with NIN but based his interest soley on seeing him play at the circus?

Again, from the sublime to the.....

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

jthunders13
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: May 09, 2005, 05:02:14 AM »

anyone who wants to know how relavent reznor is still, need only listen to the new nin single "the hand that feeds." sad sad sad...a pop single.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: