Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 13, 2024, 03:52:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228033 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Greetings
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 1144 times)
Axlism
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: May 06, 2005, 04:33:24 PM »

Taken from the lawsuit page...

I have a question: How is the lawsuit preventing the release of CD? People use the lawsuit excuse as a reason for no CD. But who is suing to stop CD from coming out?

Nobody, and I agree the suits have nothing to do with the delay.

Good day, 1st post ever, newbie bashers have a ball! ?Smiley

I have been a fan since 'Jungle' hit 'Empty-V' (of late that is), and have become a huge fan of Axl over the years. The frustration from 02 and the lack of album, prior or since, is something we all surely reel in. Axl's own issues are why this album has not surfaced, solely. I am reminded of Brian Wilson post Pet Sounds. Love and his bro's were critical over Pet, (The most renound album to date by many scholars) and brought down Smile, due mostly to Brian's insecurities. The similarities in reclusiveness, ability to write great stuff, behavioral patterns, etc, are uncanny to Wilson in 67. I am mortified that 'Madagascar' and 'The Blues' are NOT out there, and fear the same for Axl as Brian's fate. Yes, Smile did great, and the tour was a huge success. ( Attended Carnegie Hall10/13/04, 4 stars) The fact remains that if Smile had emmerged in 67, as scheduled, the impact would have been 10 fold what it is/was in 04. I think we, the die hards, will buy many copies. How will it affect the youth/ record buying public today? I love to think the classic sound will prevail, that the genius of these songs will ring true, but time will tell. THIS, my friends, is possibly what is holding up the release, for Axl must wonder too.

Velvets songs are barely ok, and they are doing well, this gives me hope because 'Chinese' has songs that are actually great! Just let it go Axl, hope for the best, take the risk, this is getting rediculous!

Your fan,
Axlism
« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 04:36:09 PM by Axlism » Logged
mentalradio
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 06:36:04 PM »

"Just let it go Axl, hope for the best, take the risk"

Agree. Man the torpedos! Full speed ahead! And damn the consequences!!!!!

"How will it affect the youth/ record buying public today?"

Not that its really my business to say, but.....there's only one way to find out. Whatever the result, good OR bad, at least he will be able to finally bring some sort of closure to whatever it is he's been holding back.

MR
cineater
Legend

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005, 07:27:51 PM »

God I hope fear isn't what is holding him back.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Axlism
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2005, 08:57:55 PM »

I fear fear is a factor, grouped with other possible factors, yet a prominant one . He is, after all, "Mired in denial, and so afraid".? Well at least he wrote that in reference to the whole loss of band/ I'll rise again regardless issue. And he will too...soon!!?? confused
cineater
Legend

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2005, 11:10:14 PM »

He wrote that?  Great thing about Axl, he can say things the rest of us are afraid too.  And he finds the words for them.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: