Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:39:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Hired Guns?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hired Guns?  (Read 25727 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2005, 01:44:52 PM »

As long Axl, Slash and Duff were in the band it was not an issue.

Since 1996, Axl has started something that has nothing to do with Guns N'Roses calling that Guns N'Roses. That's an issue.

1996? Duff was still in the band in 1997..... Or maybe the key member for you was Slash.

Nobody's forcing you to be here.

Maybe you need a message board that's only for the old band?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mike_giuliana
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2005, 02:40:09 PM »

Gilby Clarke and Matt Sorum... There's some "hired guns" for you.

People seem to forget that.

/jarmo

Who forgets, everyone knows they are as is dizzy reed.. Now the entire band is hired..
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2005, 02:44:28 PM »

Who forgets, everyone knows they are as is dizzy reed.. Now the entire band is hired..

I don't remember reading post here about how GN'R had a bunch of hired people in the band back in the 90s.

All I see is posts about the current band having "hired guns" in it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2005, 02:47:24 PM »

you're such a douche mike
mike_giuliana
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2005, 02:49:12 PM »

I don't remember reading post here about how GN'R had a bunch of hired people in the band back in the 90s.

/jarmo
Depends who you talk to, some feel that way after steven left, some though it was over when izzy left, some feel the band needs just axl slash.. Thwe thing was the band may have changed back then but it stayed on course in one time period..

Fuck off rim job, oh I mean jim bob..
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2005, 02:52:40 PM »

/jarmo
Depends who you talk to, some feel that way after steven left, some though it was over when izzy left, some feel the band needs just axl slash.. Thwe thing was the band may have changed back then but it stayed on course in one time period..

So what you're saying is it was still gnr even though it had hired members back then? but its not now? seems hypocritical to me...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2005, 02:53:55 PM »

exactly.  as long as his favorite member is still in the band its gnr.  but when his drunk ass signs the rights over and quits the band a few years later, its no longer gnr  hihi
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2005, 02:57:04 PM »

I think Izzy from the original lineup wrot ejust as many if not most of the work for the original guns. He is the bridge between Axl and Slash and was a great rythm guitarist that understood how riffs connected with songs.  That is why since Izzy has been gone we have heard what 1 new official release song?

Love Axl all you want but Izzy is just as responsible for the old stuff, if not more

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Intercourse
Banned
Rocker

BED WETTER

« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2005, 03:01:02 PM »

here we go again...... Roll Eyes
Intercourse
Banned
Rocker

BED WETTER

« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2005, 03:02:51 PM »

all I can think of saying is that whomever is listed on the legal documents as part owner of 'GNR Inc.' is a 'member' the rest are 'hired guns',  past members included....
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2005, 03:06:54 PM »

Axl and Izzy were the ONLY original members of the band.  everyone else came later on.  it was their band, so when Izz left, it was Axl's band.
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2005, 03:12:25 PM »

Axl and Izzy were the ONLY original members of the band.  everyone else came later on.  it was their band, so when Izz left, it was Axl's band.

Wait a minute though, it may have been Axl and Izzy starting this but the were NOT signed, therefore anyone who joined the band before they were signed aren't "hired" members, they are the original members of GNR, Slash, Duff and Steven.  Yes, Matt and Gilby were replacements and also Dizzy was hired as the keyboard player. Can't just say it was Axl and Izzy's band all of the original members got signed together, they as a whole became the GNR that ruled the world.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2005, 03:18:34 PM »

Wait a minute though, it may have been Axl and Izzy starting this but the were NOT signed, therefore anyone who joined the band before they were signed aren't "hired" members, they are the original members of GNR, Slash, Duff and Steven.  Yes, Matt and Gilby were replacements and also Dizzy was hired as the keyboard player. Can't just say it was Axl and Izzy's band all of the original members got signed together, they as a whole became the GNR that ruled the world.

a lot of the gnr material was already written by Izzy and Axl before someone like $lash even came into the picture.
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2005, 03:23:51 PM »

Yeah but you can't deny the fact that even though the songs were written before I'm sure that Slash, Duff and Steven added their own parts to complete the songs and together made them great.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2005, 03:26:09 PM by DoubleTalkingJive » Logged

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
mike_giuliana
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2005, 03:26:28 PM »

Axl and Izzy were the ONLY original members of the band.? everyone else came later on.? it was their band, so when Izz left, it was Axl's band.

Wait a minute though, it may have been Axl and Izzy starting this but the were NOT signed, therefore anyone who joined the band before they were signed aren't "hired" members, they are the original members of GNR, Slash, Duff and Steven.? Yes, Matt and Gilby were replacements and also Dizzy was hired as the keyboard player. Can't just say it was Axl and Izzy's band all of the original members got signed together, they as a whole became the GNR that ruled the world.

a lot of the gnr material was already written by Izzy and Axl before someone like $lash even came into the picture.
I love the money sign.. Old axl better use the gnr name to save that 13 million dollar hole he's in.. We know he's way to lazy to really support his band and do promo.. ?Take slash away and all those song with great guitar solos would have been gone.. ?Axl better hold on to that name ,he needs success before the material comes out.. The unknowns will have fame before the people even know their names..
slash4ever
Rocker

One In A Million

« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2005, 04:45:10 PM »

Fuck this.  >:(U can't have a band without more than one dude.
Axl was not all of GNR, he may be now, but it's not fair to say no-one else was invloved.
whatever this "hired guns" crap is about it's all a load of shit.  Roll Eyes

Axl rules ass but Slash,Izzy,Duff, and Steven were just as important ok

What's so civil about war anyway?
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2005, 05:04:19 PM »

Yeah, Steven sure wrote a lot of great ass songs in his lifetime so far.  Tell me that this new band is not just a bunch of hired guns, try it.  You can't because they are.  This is Axl's car to crash, the other guys are just innocent passangers.
slash4ever
Rocker

One In A Million

« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2005, 05:08:29 PM »

Yeah, Steven sure wrote a lot of great ass songs in his lifetime so far.? Tell me that this new band is not just a bunch of hired guns, try it.? You can't because they are.? This is Axl's car to crash, the other guys are just innocent passangers.

OK but i bet Axl cant fucking play drums like him! Grin

What's so civil about war anyway?
ryan_of_lax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2005, 05:17:42 PM »

Warning, Warning: Personal opinion.

I am in a band.
I, along with one other guy started the band.
We're not signed (yet), but that doesn't mean that I don't see the band as mine.

The FANS are the ones who sees Slash as an original member, and as a key member to GNR.

To Axl, I think he has every right to think of his band as Guns N' Roses no matter who is in the band.
It's just like The Cure.

The only original member in that band is Robert Smith.

I wish the new Guns N Roses had a different band name.
But they don't.
The new songs sound great, so I'm looking forward to the CD when (if) it happens.
mike_giuliana
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2005, 06:22:40 PM »

sure ryan, I do belive they started the band, but where can two guys go alone without a band.. I can come up with a bunch of ideas, but nothing will ever happen until I get the team who can do it with me.. If you do something for 5-7 years with the same guys and make it big everyone becomes one part of the unit..

I know a lot of people that started bands, or had the idea and influences, but once they became one they were one, no one was more or less valubale.. A group is a team, they need eachother to make it..

Everyone can pretend gnr would have been equally big without the guys who aren't izzy or axl, but I know and anyone with a clue knows the magic happened with all of them as ONE..

I'd love to see if izzy owned the name and axl was out if these same people would be calling it gnr.. hihi
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: