Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 01:20:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Hired Guns?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hired Guns?  (Read 25618 times)
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #100 on: May 12, 2005, 08:27:51 AM »

..."It's not GN'R", "it's not GN'R", "it's not GN'R", "it's not GN'R", "it's not GN'R","it's not GN'R" over and over and over again.

/jarmo

You got the point!  peace

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #101 on: May 12, 2005, 09:50:20 AM »

You're one of those people who sound like an old record.  peace

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #102 on: May 12, 2005, 10:06:38 AM »

Guns n Roses is "the Axl show". plain and simple. As a Musician, Axl's like Ozzy. Ozzy gets musicians to play on his albums and perform live with him. It doesn't matter if it's Zakk Wylde, Randy Rhodes or Jake E. Lee on Guitar. It's still Ozzy.

Same with GnR (After Slash Left of course) whether it's Zakk Wylde, Dave Navvarro, Bucket Head, Finck, Fortus, Huge, Gary Sunshine, Axl himself or whoever. it's still going to be Axl with a bunch of guys.

Thats my reason for thinking Axl should release an album under his own name instead of the Guns n Roses name. But.. ya know what? My opinion don't mean shit to Axl.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #103 on: May 12, 2005, 10:14:56 AM »

I guess no one is wrong it's just opinion.. Wether you support axl alone or the new band all together.. I tend to like artists as I get albums and tours,,.

Yes axl owns the name and he will do whatever with it.. I just don't think he really has done anything with it yet.. So for me it's still like I am waiting for the first of anything from the new band... Hopefully we get the album soon, and some kind of tour..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #104 on: May 12, 2005, 10:36:10 AM »

Guns N Roses is not, was not and never will be a democracy.

Guns N Roses was not alone.
In that sense, almost every band or group is not perfectly democratic.
Not many things in the democratic world are entirely democratic.

Still as for the music, apparently the head guy, Axl has tried to make it as democratic as possible this time, so hard as to make a member say "to a fault".
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #105 on: May 12, 2005, 11:04:57 AM »

Don't you think that it is ironic that Axl is calling his new disc Chinese Democracy when he runs his band like a 3rd world dictator.  Axl Hussein?  Kim Jong Axl?  Axl Milosovic?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #106 on: May 12, 2005, 11:14:46 AM »

Don't you think that it is ironic that Axl is calling his new disc Chinese Democracy when he runs his band like a 3rd world dictator.  Axl Hussein?  Kim Jong Axl?  Axl Milosovic?
No I don't because he doesn't.

Read my post thanks.
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #107 on: May 12, 2005, 11:18:44 AM »

If you know so damn much about how Axl runs the band then when the album coming out?  When is the tour?  What is the first single?  WOW, I had no idea we had such an insider here on this board.  Very impressive!!  Are you the new guitarist?  C'mon, Axl puts the dic in dictator.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #108 on: May 12, 2005, 11:56:51 AM »

If you know so damn much about how Axl runs the band then when the album coming out?  When is the tour?  What is the first single?  WOW, I had no idea we had such an insider here on this board.  Very impressive!!  Are you the new guitarist?  C'mon, Axl puts the dic in dictator.

I said read my earlier post. Or HK-47s post.

It's you who talk as if you know more than the members.
madagas
« Reply #109 on: May 12, 2005, 12:11:08 PM »

Is this thing ready for the dead horse section? hihi hihi
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #110 on: May 12, 2005, 12:31:26 PM »

Great comeback PPbebe, what is that about a Third grade level?  I know you are but what am I?  I do not claim to know more than anyone else in regards to this band and album unlike many of the "band members" on this board.  God forbid someone say something bad about Axl.  Wake up and get a clue.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #111 on: May 12, 2005, 01:22:08 PM »

Great comeback PPbebe, what is that about a Third grade level?  I know you are but what am I?  I do not claim to know more than anyone else in regards to this band and album unlike many of the "band members" on this board.  God forbid someone say something bad about Axl.  Wake up and get a clue.

I don't get what you're trying to say. Perhaps you mean you're a 2nd grader?  Roll Eyes

Axl is not a dictator. That is what Tommy has said on several occasions. And you're claiming you know otherwise.

For instance, this bit is from one of '04 interviews. You can find many in "tommy interview thread". use the seach.

Q: Who's easier to work with, Paul or Axl?

Axl, by a long shot. I'll tell you why, and I can explain this really well, actually. Paul liked to do it his way. He would hear things a certain way in his head but couldn't tell you how it was going to happen. It would get kind of frustrating. He would have a vision and would fucking beat it to death trying to get there. With Axl, he doesn't really have his own vision. He likes to take everyone?s two cents and throw it into the soup, get everyone involved and kind of mold it that way. Axl could really take production credit on this record because he took the best of each of us on each song and crammed it together and made it a musical piece. I can't tell you how much I learned about collaborating with people while making the record, where Paul just kind of does it his way.

Q: It's interesting that you say that about Axl and his vision, because I would think most people would perceive the exact opposite?that he's got this strong vision and he's the dictator and this is how it's got to be.

Paul would be way more of a dictator than Axl. Axl is more of a collaborator, maybe even to a fault sometimes. He wants everyone involved. Part of that may have come from the old band, where everyone wanted him to sing their songs but didn't want to play the other guys' songs. It would be like, "I'm not going to sing on your song unless you play on his song," and then it becomes infighting and that kind of shit. That doesn't really keep a band together. On the new record, everyone's got a bit in there, their part of a song. It lends itself to us feeling a part of the whole record.

I enjoy little discussion with civil and rational people but not with a pest.
Commit no nuisance here.
Ta.
madagas
« Reply #112 on: May 12, 2005, 01:54:59 PM »

PPBEBE, that is my only problem with Axl. Lack of a clear vision as to what type of record he wants to make. I get the impression that the bandmembers have completed this huge library of music and instrumentals. Now, Axl being the leader and vocalist, is responsible for completing the material, tracklisting it, mixing it, and releasing it. However, with so much stuff recorded, it actually becomes a huge project and burden just to figure out what you want on a record. Now, considering Axl's relative instability and his eclectic taste in music, I believe all this time has been simply spent on Axl "trying to figure out how to make a record" (as Axl himself said). All leadership roles require focus, vision, and an element of goal setting. I really don't see any of those qualities in this project-at least at this point. Hopefully, I am wrong and Axl is laughing at me right now-knowing he has a couple of records ready to roll-but I see no evidence of that. "Cold silence has a tendency to atrophy any sense of compassion." Undecided
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #113 on: May 12, 2005, 02:09:46 PM »

PPBEBE, that is my only problem with Axl. Lack of a clear vision as to what type of record he wants to make. I get the impression that the bandmembers have completed this huge library of music and instrumentals. Now, Axl being the leader and vocalist, is responsible for completing the material, tracklisting it, mixing it, and releasing it. However, with so much stuff recorded, it actually becomes a huge project and burden just to figure out what you want on a record. Now, considering Axl's relative instability and his eclectic taste in music, I believe all this time has been simply spent on Axl "trying to figure out how to make a record" (as Axl himself said). All leadership roles require focus, vision, and an element of goal setting. I really don't see any of those qualities in this project-at least at this point.

I agree Madagas, it's pretty much like like having a pilot that has no idea where he's flying.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #114 on: May 12, 2005, 02:35:30 PM »

What does that interview segment clarify?  Of course Tommy is not going to say that Axl (his current employer) is worse that Paul.  That would be pretty stupid.  Besides, Tommy said that Paul was more of a dictator than Axl, not that Axl in no way resembles a dictator or has no tendencies.  Let me get this straight, Axl owns the band name, controls who is in and who is out of the band, controls the recording schedule, decides to tour or not, decides when to release the album, will decide what songs to release for singles, control the making of any videos, etc.  But wait, he lets the guys help decide if it should be a C chord or C sharp, I stand corrected!!  Fidel Castro has had lots of underlings and enablers through the years that he let make some small decisions but it was ultimately up to him I see the same parallels here. 
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #115 on: May 12, 2005, 04:39:52 PM »

A hired person publicly reiterates his claim to be contributory to the project to make his tyrannical boss happy?

Wow that's smart of him, I don't think. Roll Eyes
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #116 on: May 12, 2005, 05:00:48 PM »

Yes, it's quite obvious that you don't think.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #117 on: May 12, 2005, 05:32:56 PM »

"Commit no nuisance" again. Thanks.

PPBEBE, that is my only problem with Axl. Lack of a clear vision as to what type of record he wants to make. I get the impression that the bandmembers have completed this huge library of music and instrumentals. Now, Axl being the leader and vocalist, is responsible for completing the material, tracklisting it, mixing it, and releasing it. However, with so much stuff recorded, it actually becomes a huge project and burden just to figure out what you want on a record. Now, considering Axl's relative instability and his eclectic taste in music, I believe all this time has been simply spent on Axl "trying to figure out how to make a record" (as Axl himself said). All leadership roles require focus, vision, and an element of goal setting. I really don't see any of those qualities in this project-at least at this point.

I agree Madagas, it's pretty much like like having a pilot that has no idea where he's flying.
Madagas n Falcon

Tommy has also said Axl's bloody goals made him fucking join the band.

So it's safe to assume the pilot has had the idea clear as as a light where he's heading for but not about how the weather changes on the flight and such.

I donno. He might be struggling with the words till the last minute?

Here's the bit.

Q: What do you feel about the fact that this is an entirely revamped thing? Guns I mean.

That's actually the reason I joined. I talked to Axl about what he wanted to do with this thing. It's never been done before, where the singer keeps the name while the other guys fucking quit. Just knowing what his goals were for the whole thing that I thought 'This is probably the ballsiest guy I've ever fucking played with, so I'm in.'
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #118 on: May 12, 2005, 07:57:06 PM »

Madagas n Falcon

So it's safe to assume the pilot has had the idea clear as as a light where he's heading for but not about how the weather changes on the flight and such.

"With Axl, he doesn't really have his own vision. "
- Tommy Stinson

That pretty much backs Madagas' initial opinion which I agreed with.

"That's actually the reason I joined. I talked to Axl about what he wanted to do with this thing. It's never been done before, where the singer keeps the name while the other guys fucking quit. Just knowing what his goals were for the whole thing that I thought 'This is probably the ballsiest guy I've ever fucking played with, so I'm in.'"
-Tommy Stinson

This tells me Axl was more concerned in reinventing GNR with new players, not actually having a focused creative vision to convey his musical message.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #119 on: May 12, 2005, 10:03:13 PM »

They are hired... I think old gnr regardless of axls decissions was pretty damn cool
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: