Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 11:10:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228063 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  T.W.A.T - a word of advise for Axl:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: T.W.A.T - a word of advise for Axl:  (Read 4601 times)
Elrothiel
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2005, 09:13:08 AM »

Oh for fuck's sake! Can't you people think of anything else to do besides complaining that the title of ONE SONG is not the nicest of words!? Jesus Fucking Christ! You'd think that y'all were a bunch of old grannies! What happened to the punk rock rebellious attitude that young people used to have when THEY JUST DIDN'T GIVE A SHIT about whether or not some people might not like something!!?? HELLO!!!??
Who cares if TWAT is the name of a song!!?? What about WASP? They had an album called Animal (Fuck Like A Beast). And none of their fans complained about it!?? And even Nirvana had a song called Moist Vagina! Jeeezus! Do you think that Nirvana fans complain about that title!!?? NO!! Why should you people even care about the title of a song??? What the hell is the matter with you!?!? You all probably swear all the fucking time so don't be so fucking hypocritical about SOMEONE ELSE'S decision to name a song after a swear word. If he called the song CUNT, you'd probably all go through the roof saying "Oh no! He called a song Cunt!" Well, for your information, there is a BAND called Selfish Cunt, and they are a shit indie band, but THEIR fans don't complain about the name!!!!
For God's sake! If you KNOW that TWAT stands for There Was A Time, then DON'T FUCKING COMPLAIN!!

Phew. I'll shut up now. I don't really want to get banned, I love this site, but it really fucks me off when people say such stupid things...
Sorry Jarmo.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2005, 10:05:46 AM »

I think it's a funny play with letters and words.....

There Was A Time, sounds like a nice little song about something that happened in the past. Then you take the letters and put them together to realize it might not have been a pleasant thing that happened. Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
usurper
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2005, 10:28:38 AM »

sounds interesting.

p.s silkworms sucks
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2005, 11:36:39 AM »

TWAT is funny cuz evrytym sum1 cals me a twat, i say 2 them, do u no wot it means. they say yes, U. I say nope, it means There Was A Time. it shuts em up

Makes sense why they're calling you that name in the first place then...

wot??? cuz im pakistani origin and they dont lyk me?

makes no sens 2 me

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2005, 06:43:25 PM »

Whoa, Whoa, Sakib maybe I'm wrong but I think he's just pulling your legs.
Who cares about what origin you are, unless you want to put a stress on it.
For instance, everybody knows I'm originally from another planet but doesn't give a flying fuck. smoking

Is it true that dizzy wrote the lyrics of silkworms? I quite like it. Tongue

As for the topic, I 2nd Jarmo's poetic interpretation.

usurper
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2005, 06:58:29 PM »

Is it true that dizzy wrote the lyrics of silkworms? I quite like it. Tongue

Yeah, it's even aknowleged by Jarmo
blasphemer
Banned
Rocker

Are You A Dead MonkeY?

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2005, 07:53:13 PM »

Here is to the retarded pussy who started this thread..    You are the dumbest fucken idoit ever.   Do you think Axl does not know that Twat is a pussy cunt vagina beaver snatch.  Big fucken deal!!   Have u ever listened to all the GnR songs.   Axl uses swear words all the time u fucker.  Man what is wrong with u.  For the love of god just go away.

Kayne West qoute "George Bush dont like black people".  Kayne West is like the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Shes a gold digger says it all.  His mind, his ideas, his art, is nothing short of genius.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2005, 07:58:37 PM »

Whoa, mate. this is no harm. Just obliging.
I wouldn't get that excited about an amicable topic like this one.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2005, 08:00:06 PM »

I agree with you blasphemer, but with less insults. How could someone who has heard the songs of GNR be offended by the word TWAT?

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2005, 08:12:15 PM »

Elrothiel said it all...are you kidding?  This is Guns & Fuckin' Roses.   peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2005, 08:13:54 PM »

Who cares about what origin you are, unless you want to put a stress on it.
For instance, everybody knows I'm originally from another planet but doesn't give a flying fuck. smoking

And that you arrived to earth on a magic carpet; who cares ?ok

And T.W.A.T. should be changed. Hopefully it was just a working title. Certainty Until No Time should be the real title of this song, I think.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2005, 09:47:58 PM »

Im not gonna be biased towards any song due to the title, but I just have a feeling that Chinese Democracy is gonna be a masterpiece,introspective,amazingly done beautiful album.

I expect something totally different than anything we have heard from Axl but I want this album to be taken as seriously as possible.

that title is just sort of juvenile to me.

U dont have to say fuck or motherfucker 50 times to be cool or tough, I just kinda see Axl being past all that.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
usurper
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2005, 05:30:15 AM »

U dont have to say fuck or motherfucker 50 times to be cool or tough, I just kinda see Axl being past all that.

Limp Bizkit tried saying fuck in every song to be cool, as we all know, that fucking failed
Twisted Nerve 85
Rocker

« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2005, 12:55:43 PM »

.....if you ever release 'Chinese Democracy', use the full title of this song (There Was A Time) not the acronym, as 'twat' means something completely different in the UK!!!

Its not js the Uk dude. We use it here in the states too  peace

Life's a bitch.......anyone who says different is selling something.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2005, 10:36:12 PM »

Exactly Usurper, That shit worked 20 years ago but I expect a totally new side of Axl in more of the Estranged/Coma vain

more introspective, not so much party and drugs and getting pussy.

Thats why fans of AFD are gonna be disappointed cause I just think this record will be totally different than anything he has done.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2005, 02:40:42 AM »

Here is to the retarded pussy who started this thread..? ? You are the dumbest fucken idoit ever.? ?Do you think Axl does not know that Twat is a pussy cunt vagina beaver snatch.? Big fucken deal!!? ?Have u ever listened to all the GnR songs.? ?Axl uses swear words all the time u fucker.? Man what is wrong with u.? For the love of god just go away.
Yeah, how would you like it if Estranged was called, "I'm an Uncle Fucking Pussy Mother Fucking Mother Fucker"?

I think the point of this thread is that the word "twat" doesn't fit the contex of the song "T.W.A.T"

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
iloozion
Rocker

...we had the strength to choose...

« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2005, 04:22:10 AM »

Here is to the retarded pussy who started this thread..? ? You are the dumbest fucken idoit ever.? ?Do you think Axl does not know that Twat is a pussy cunt vagina beaver snatch.? Big fucken deal!!? ?Have u ever listened to all the GnR songs.? ?Axl uses swear words all the time u fucker.? Man what is wrong with u.? For the love of god just go away.

shouldn't this guy be banned for saying shit like this? what a stupid fucking cunt!

My point was that the title: "there was a time" suggests a reflective and poignant song, possibly - as some people have suggested - about Axl's childhood/relationships (although none of us know, of course ,until we hear it) whereas the title "T.W.A.T" suggests a song about someone like 'blasphemer'.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2005, 09:09:00 AM »

My point was that the title: "there was a time" suggests a reflective and poignant song, possibly - as some people have suggested - about Axl's childhood/relationships (although none of us know, of course ,until we hear it) whereas the title "T.W.A.T" suggests a song about someone like 'blasphemer'.

Ok, but why can't the song be about a relationship that just went wrong?

Hence the play with the letters....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2005, 12:04:56 PM »

Yeah, how would you like it if Estranged was called, "I'm an Uncle Fucking Pussy Mother Fucking Mother Fucker"?

I think the point of this thread is that the word "twat" doesn't fit the contex of the song "T.W.A.T"

smoking Izzy? smoking

I think "I'm an Uncle Fucking Pussy Mother Fucking Mother Fucker" would be a great name for Estranged!!  rofl Haha! Only messin!
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2005, 12:28:40 PM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Nothing to say
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: