Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:25:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228064 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  A taste of what's to come...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A taste of what's to come...  (Read 42130 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #80 on: June 25, 2005, 11:42:59 PM »

I normally dont do that unless the thread has already kind of went to shit and has already become pointless.

I just dont want the board to get ironclad tight where everything has to be serious and there is no room for a touch of silliness.

I could see if it happened every single thread but usually it doesnt.

U will never see it during the truly serious threads that actually deal with something but that umbrella thread called for silliness.

If someone started a stupid thread like "how long are your eyelashes" that would be dumb and wouldnt add to the board but a simple lock ends it and I just dont see why everyone is complaining.

This board has the perfect blend of seriousness and silliness that keeps it entertaining and interesting.

I just say Dont fix what isnt broke, there may certain cycles where people will start juvenile ignorant threads but it isnt like they will over run the board.

I dont see the big fuss people make over duplicate threads, I mean sure they couldve searched but they are new, give em some slack, when i first started Im sure i started a whole shit load of threads that had already been discussed.

I just feel people are getting too worked up over nothing.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #81 on: June 26, 2005, 12:05:25 AM »

Well you can't have it both ways it seems.

Like I said earlier, who is to determine was is nonsense and what is a fun time?

I see both sides. But at the same time, it seems, if you are not in on the fun, then you have the right to lock the thread. Go figure............
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #82 on: June 26, 2005, 12:09:49 AM »

I mean are we suppose to be a bunch of fuckin robots who post clear cut same ole shit over and over?

This reminds me of little old ladies or conservative christian folk who complain over content on Television

if u dont like it, change the fuckin channel

same with this board'

if u dont like a thread u dont have to enter it.

instead of people bitching and complaining, just dont click on the topic

u have the right not to post.

What some consider stupid and a waste of space I find hysterical.

lets just dont turn this board into a formal borefest.

I dont think its out of control at all.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #83 on: June 26, 2005, 12:15:04 AM »

Again, I post twice in a row, but with better reason...

LOL, what hogwash. It's all different with you isn't it? Yea right.... Tongue

This seems like the same time there was another fun thread. Everybody having fun, joking around and then.......locked.

Again, who is to determine what is stupid or not? You joke around and that is ok?

That thread was light hearted and fun. But, that is all relative. You may feel your humor with other people is the same, but could it also be mindless "banter" to others? Is that a possibility?

Of course it is.

August 18th
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... Gone Tomorrow

« Reply #84 on: June 26, 2005, 09:02:35 AM »

Some people whine at me when I mention it in the GN'R section. I don't like the fact that we get more and more "LOL", "Yeah! It rocks", "I totally agree!", "Great post! LOL!" etc kinds of posts.

In addition to that a lot of people think it's a good idea to talk about other things except GN'R in the GN'R section. For example, Nirvana....

I'd like to think that people can sort out their own posts before we need to start doing that. So if everybody could just think for a second before posting, I'm sure everybody would be thankful.

/jarmo

I totally agree!

Great post!

Tongue

LOL!

"funny how everything was roses when he held on to the guns"

"sometimes we get so tired of waiting for a way to spend our time"
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #85 on: June 26, 2005, 09:04:56 AM »

Maybe, as a suggestion, you should post the rules of the forum in the initial sign up process so people are aware and if they break the rules, ban them.
I know its a hardline to take but sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind.

The rules do show up when you register and you even have to check a box that says you agree.

/jarmo

Yeah! It rocks!

N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #86 on: June 26, 2005, 11:35:10 AM »

Some people whine at me when I mention it in the GN'R section. I don't like the fact that we get more and more "LOL", "Yeah! It rocks", "I totally agree!", "Great post! LOL!" etc kinds of posts.

In addition to that a lot of people think it's a good idea to talk about other things except GN'R in the GN'R section. For example, Nirvana....

I'd like to think that people can sort out their own posts before we need to start doing that. So if everybody could just think for a second before posting, I'm sure everybody would be thankful.

/jarmo

I totally agree!

Great post!

Tongue

LOL!

Maybe, as a suggestion, you should post the rules of the forum in the initial sign up process so people are aware and if they break the rules, ban them.

The rules do show up when you register and you even have to check a box that says you agree.

/jarmo

Yeah! It rocks!

I think you just proved the point that this whole thread is trying to argue.

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #87 on: June 26, 2005, 01:00:12 PM »

/jarmo

I totally agree!

Great post!

Tongue

LOL!

/jarmo

Yeah! It rocks!

(Loud bang...........)

(Somebody is holding their foot now)
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #88 on: June 26, 2005, 01:03:39 PM »

LOL, what hogwash. It's all different with you isn't it? Yea right.... Tongue

lol, ?hihi...

...You didn't get the point. ?Roll Eyes

But, as usual, you read into things how you would like to. ?ok

I just thought D may have replied instantly, namely while I had been editing, and so I posted twice in a...row. Therefore, ensuring he didn't miss that I had realised that my above was rather pointless, maybe? Gettit? Nice.

Now, maybe locking the umbrella thread wasn't called for...

...Maybe it was. The point is, I wanted to lock it as soon as it was started, but for some reason didn't...

...And then, last night, I did. Just it's being there was annoying me. If you want it unlocked, ask another moderator? I sure as hell am not unlocking it. That said, maybe it is unlocked already? I haven't checked...I don't know.

The reason I locked it was to discourage the starting of threads that are like that, not necesarily because of it's progressional content which, I'll admit, I overlooked.....

Like I said earlier, who is to determine was is nonsense and what is a fun time?

Simple. Jarmo does.

Freedom of speach and the like are not points that are addressed on this board....

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #89 on: June 26, 2005, 01:24:35 PM »

I just thought D may have replied instantly, namely while I had been editing, and so I posted twice in a...row. Therefore, ensuring he didn't miss that I had realised that my above was rather pointless, maybe? Gettit? Nice.

Uh....I understood.

But my point is if somebody else answers like that, it may very well come under fire, get it??

...And then, last night, I did. Just it's being there was annoying me. If you want it unlocked, ask another moderator? I sure as hell am not unlocking it. That said, maybe it is unlocked already? I haven't checked...I don't know.

I don't really care. Like I said, it was all in good fun.

Simple. Jarmo does.

Freedom of speach and the like are not points that are addressed on this board....

That was a rhetorical question really.

I don't understand why you are so snippy about all this.

I think my posts on this subject were pretty middle of the road.

You are too immature to be a mod imo.
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #90 on: June 26, 2005, 01:35:41 PM »

/jarmo

I totally agree!

Great post!

Tongue

LOL!

/jarmo

Yeah! It rocks!

nahhh... you think? Tongue
lmao

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #91 on: June 26, 2005, 01:41:58 PM »

Why hasn't this 'August' poster been banned?

This is precisly what i have been talking about the free run given to these idiot posters

Are they now protected? - in the past they were gone before one even had the chance to click 'report to moderator'

For years this board was run so well - and now, it kinda feels as if people have just lost interest

Right now  saturday 25, it's a BALL !

I mean, my neighbours have this HUGE party, for the kids i think, it's full of kids of french, american and english nationalities.

They had games this afternoon, with a little one trrying himself out in some LOUD microphone and now, everyone is having music and dancing, i can hear the DJ telling the parents to come and dance and my isolated posh neighbourhood is now screaming and singing " YMCA"...

Seems like a good party !!!!!!!

So i enjoy it from here... hihi

( they all go OOh OOh OOh now lol )

Why is this 'party' thread allowed? Are we now allowed to post anything we observe in our daily lives?

Can i start a thread about the cloud i saw this morning?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 01:51:19 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #92 on: June 26, 2005, 02:08:09 PM »

I would take offense at that, but fortunatly I can read right through why in fact you think that, and maybe it was intentional?

Ahh, but maybe not, in reference to both of the above.

Snippy? Snippy when, exactly? You're the debater here, come on, we need examples to back up a statement as brash as that, surely?

Now, immature...

...Ahh. To you, maybe. But, that depends how you define it.....

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #93 on: June 26, 2005, 02:15:39 PM »

...Ahh. To you, maybe. But, that depends how you define it.....

I guess that is up to Jarmo to decide............. hihi
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #94 on: June 26, 2005, 02:37:07 PM »

because i have done nothing but contribute you fucking idiot. i suggest you read my posts before you call for my banning. stop trying to ruin everybody's fun, it's people like you who try to sabotage relationships because they can't get one themselves.

August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #95 on: June 26, 2005, 02:48:14 PM »

This is precisly what i have been talking about the free run given to these idiot posters

Are they now protected? - in the past they were gone before one even had the chance to click 'report to moderator'

For years this board was run so well - and now, it kinda feels as if people have just lost interest

Right now? saturday 25, it's a BALL !

I mean, my neighbours have this HUGE party, for the kids i think, it's full of kids of french, american and english nationalities.

They had games this afternoon, with a little one trrying himself out in some LOUD microphone and now, everyone is having music and dancing, i can hear the DJ telling the parents to come and dance and my isolated posh neighbourhood is now screaming and singing " YMCA"...

Seems like a good party !!!!!!!

So i enjoy it from here... hihi

( they all go OOh OOh OOh now lol )

Why is this 'party' thread allowed? Are we now allowed to post anything we observe in our daily lives?

Can i start a thread about the cloud i saw this morning?

you seem bitter. when i first decided to join this board and asked jarmo a simple question about whether a thread should be locked or not you jumped in, using sarcasm and accusing me of asking something that had been asked "a hundred times before". how the hell was i supposed to know? i'm new here. and i asked jarmo, not you. and lol @ you calling me an idiot poster judged on 2 posts and talking about how you shouldn't give a "free run" to new posters like a retarded watchdog guarding his own dog house. fuck off chump and let me post. and the next time you wanna discuss shit like this, hit the pm button. you're clogging up my threads.

N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #96 on: June 26, 2005, 04:23:09 PM »

i suggest you read my posts before you call for my banning.

Ok. Let's take a look-see, shall we?

/jarmo

I totally agree!

Great post!

Tongue

LOL!

/jarmo

Yeah! It rocks!

Keep in mind this was posted in a thread arguing against this shit. And btw, don't double-post just to increase your post count. It just makes you look stupid unless you have a "legit" reason.

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #97 on: June 26, 2005, 04:27:48 PM »

keep in mind that people with a brain would understand WHY i posted it in this thread, just to add some humor to it.
and "increase my post count?" i did it because i didn't feel quite done with him yet. i don't know what consumes your life but in my life, post count is the last thing i worry about.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 04:29:23 PM by August 15th » Logged

MCT
« Reply #98 on: June 26, 2005, 04:28:06 PM »

Nearly everyone involved here has tossed at least one valid point into the fray... yes

But it's like this:

There is no impending crisis, things are as they always have been (which is fine by me), core members will always throw esoteric banter and inside humor at each other, sensible people will meet in the middle when it's time to be sensible about a topic (sensible = honestly tackling a topic and getting foolish (foolish = a whole lot of different things) only in the end), some people need to loosen up, others need to tighten up, and nothing, nothing, NOTHING is black & white except a final decision made by our god, Jarmo.

Now, I calculate I'm through with this thread... yes
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #99 on: June 26, 2005, 06:01:36 PM »

you seem bitter. when i first decided to join this board and asked jarmo a simple question about whether a thread should be locked or not you jumped in, using sarcasm and accusing me of asking something that had been asked "a hundred times before". how the hell was i supposed to know? i'm new here

Careful chump, if u want to take me on don't give me any openings

i've been coming here since 1999,

Okay

i'm new here

New u say? But what about the above quote?

U asked a question answered a hundred times and i asked why, if u've been here so long would u do that?

But ur right - u r a valued member, after all u don't insult people

because i have done nothing but contribute you fucking idiot.

or posts simply to boost ur posts count

LOL!

and ur such a laugh

keep in mind that people with a brain would understand WHY i posted it in this thread, just to add some humor to it.

Insults, post count boosting and lousy replies - yep, ur everything this board has missed

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: