Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 09:31:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Brain Answers Fans Questions - 4
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brain Answers Fans Questions - 4  (Read 16689 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2005, 12:23:07 PM »

nobody is in it for the money, I just think they want to be apart of all that music they made.... Originally you never know the gnr name by itself could bring you lots of instant notiriety,... I sometimes wonder why people would join such a well known group that had such a famous history?? I would feel fucking strange replacing slash or anyone of that stature then going right in as a gnr member.. Probably honored and not worthy at the same time..
conny
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2005, 12:28:25 PM »

Maybe some people (incl. myself) tend to read a bit too much because it's a silent time for GN'R and the fans and any news is precious. Sensitivity is a bitch...ah well...whatever.
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2005, 12:33:18 PM »

Maybe some people (incl. myself) tend to read a bit too much because it's a silent time for GN'R and the fans and any news is precious. Sensitivity is a bitch...ah well...whatever.

Yes, it's a very long silent time for GNR and I do think some fans really want news, not jokes but news and when you can't determine if the band member being questioned is joking or being sarcastic, it's an already sensitve situation and people don't want to hear this kind of nonsense.  The questions really did suck anyway but the frustration of the fans is apparent and no matter how sucky the questions are, fans aren't looking for sarcasim.  As fans we know that Axl won't let them answer so all around it's a shitty situation.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2005, 12:37:10 PM »

I don't know. with all the bullshit rumors over the past 10 years or so we should all be the most skeptical fans in the world.

Me, I ain't believing nothing until the damn CD is in my hands or I'm seeing the band live with my own 2 eyes.

I think everyone in the band has signed a gag order as part of their contract or something, they all seem to beat around the bush when asked about GnR and CD, they say something but it never really means anything, ya know?

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2005, 12:41:18 PM »

making msuic is a great thing being passionate is also a grea tthing but why would nayone want to be apart of soemthing so secrative? I mean they are just musicians and they want to enjoy the benefits of their music and should be able to speak freely about it.. Who asks people to do such things and why?? They should be able to speak about anything but the release date if that is the big deal..
madagas
« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2005, 12:44:38 PM »

Mike, Tommy Stinson is more than worthy enough to be in Gnr. Duff should be honored to have someone as good as Tommy playing his simplistic clanging bass lines. And Brain, oh lord, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy better than Mr. Heavy Hands Sorum. I watched the Paris 1992 show some last night and was absolutely appalled at how bad the rhythm section was at that time. Duff is bloated and fat, Sorum looks like an overweight poodle-my wife was like "they don't sound so good!" during SCOM. Slash was butchering his own solos. It was bad. The only guy who had any fire and passion was Axl. Now, if I could somehow take that Axl and transport him to 2005, all would be right in the world. yes yes
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2005, 12:44:46 PM »

Who asks people to do such things and why?? They should be able to speak about anything but the release date if that is the big deal..

There is only one person that can answer that question and he ain't around Undecided

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2005, 12:50:53 PM »

Mike, Tommy Stinson is more than worthy enough to be in Gnr. Duff should be honored to have someone as good as Tommy playing his simplistic clanging bass lines. And Brain, oh lord, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy better than Mr. Heavy Hands Sorum. I watched the Paris 1992 show some last night and was absolutely appalled at how bad the rhythm section was at that time. Duff is bloated and fat, Sorum looks like an overweight poodle-my wife was like "they don't sound so good!" during SCOM. Slash was butchering his own solos. It was bad. The only guy who had any fire and passion was Axl. Now, if I could somehow take that Axl and transport him to 2005, all would be right in the world. yes yes

how did we know only axl was good hihi it's not about the level of playing it's about the people that made the band what it was.. People will never understand what it is to not care if better players come along..  maybe the beatles should just get  abunch of guys, I mean there are plenty of people out there that are better players... You can say whatever you like about the old guys, but they made afd and they made the songs people remember or were apart of it.. So take everyone that is so much better and find them in history.. : o

if robin finck replaced jimmy page for zepplin would that be cool..

Most older gnr fans are gnr fans of the old but have an interest in what axl is doing.. The new lienup could swivle ten more times as long as axl's in then I'm aboard..
madagas
« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2005, 01:05:56 PM »

Mike, Tommy is a legend on his own with the Replacements.? Your kind of missing my point. The old band overall was great-no doubt. But, they only had one classic album and had disintegrated in to shambles by 1992 (Duff/Slash were a drunken-druggy mess-Axl was still clear eyed and focused, although still an egomaniac). You look at any best of list for albums and you will always see multiple Replacements albums-Tim, Let It Be, and Pleased to Meet Me. Brain is simply a better player and musician than Sorum. I have seen both up close and personal in intimate venues-NOT THE ENORMO DOME. I am not comparing the guitar players because I'll take Slash and Izzy anyday over the two they got now. Another thing, I don't care how the new band plays the old songs and hope they never do again (wishful thinking). Two completely different bands in my opinion. I like both but if I had to choose who I would want to record an album with today-Tommy/Brain or Duff/Sorum-Adler, hands down I'd take Tommy/Brain.? Undecided
« Last Edit: June 24, 2005, 01:20:38 PM by madagas » Logged
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2005, 01:18:53 PM »

that's all good dude........ Funnything is axl called matt one of the best drummers on the planet in an old sit down kurt loder interview when his heal was injured.. I have seen matt play live several times and it's all good to me.. Your favs will always be the ones you grew up with..... I have only watched 3 new gnr performances, vmas, rio 3 and live I saw them at msg..  Drugs, change of direction, or ego all can be destructive no I've said it time and time again I always suppoert axl because I have for the past 17-18 years I will do more so when I get to learn the other members of the band.. FOr me it's not easy to have no album see the band I love break up then have a few handfulls of shows and say this is gnr..
madagas
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2005, 01:23:04 PM »

I wish he would change the name but that's a whole other thread. hihi
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2005, 05:54:36 PM »

What about the money?

What about it?

Are they RecenT musicians? 

Two of the most highly respected and influential guitarists of the modern rock era, the musical forces behind both their seminal bands.

It's Fine that You don't have an answer to my question.

Buckethead is obviously in the music buisness for the chicks!! get it?! the CHICKS!

... erm , ok , maybe it wasnt very funny.  Embarrassed
No shit! You've got me there. How could I forget Buckethead!!! He's the one only after the chicks and the toys!  rofl

Naah. Roll Eyes Don't be fooled. Honest or not, genuine one tends to avoid mentioning something too obvious and proper. The work shows why they had to take up one of the most chancy n uneasy trades as a means of getting paid.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2005, 06:08:59 PM »

2) Do you feel part of Guns n'roses as a band, or do you just consider it some income?

BR) It's a band as long as I'm getting paid

Give me a break... fu"?$"? posser....

@;--,---.-----
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2005, 06:17:16 PM »

It's Fine that You don't have an answer to my question.

I thought you might be familiar with both, sorry.

Yes, both are "recent", their former band's are considered quite releventi/nfluential and get tons of airplay across the US.

Anything else?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2005, 02:01:15 AM »

This comment is funny since Axl butchered more shows in the old days than anyone else in the band and if you had ever seen bootlegs from the UYI era you should realize that he's only acting, he's not into the show. (Not to mention the 2002 tour when he wanted to play his 'rock star role' again but didn't remember how to do that.

And Duff is a much better and more precious player than Tommy. Brain is better than Steven or Matt, but not for Guns N' Roses, since it's not his style. Slash... Anyone who doubts his talent doesn't know anything about music.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #75 on: June 25, 2005, 09:13:53 AM »

This comment is funny since Axl butchered more shows in the old days than anyone else in the band and if you had ever seen bootlegs from the UYI era you should realize that he's only acting, he's not into the show. (Not to mention the 2002 tour when he wanted to play his 'rock star role' again but didn't remember how to do that.

That's just ridiculous.

He's only acting? I think he did a pretty good job then. Fooling the whole world into thinking he was the best frontman there was at the time.

Now, it seems like Izzy wasn't always into it, after all he left during the tour. Compare how Izzy and Axl are on those bootlegs.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... Gone Tomorrow

« Reply #76 on: June 25, 2005, 10:03:05 AM »

this has got to be the dumbest statement ever made. you can say alot about axl, but he, unlike most artists both before and after him, put his all, 110% into giving the crowd what they wanted every fucking night, even with a strained ancle he was out there putting his all into the shows he played, pacing over the stage, screaming, singing and entertaining and truly deserving his spot as the most energic and powerful frontman in the world. that's what's up.

"funny how everything was roses when he held on to the guns"

"sometimes we get so tired of waiting for a way to spend our time"
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #77 on: June 25, 2005, 10:19:30 AM »

Axl was acting. Have you seen the Tokyo DVD? Or Paris? etc. He plays like an actor, only few of his moves are genuine. He did a great show, he had to work very hard to plan (mostly) all his moves and he put a lot energy to the show, I don't doubt that. He didn't have the same attitude he had in the AFD days. But if you can't see he was acting than you're blind. Nothing's really wrong with that, Freddie Mercury, who was probably the biggest frontman of all time planned his stage presence and stage moves, too. But it wasn't street rock anymore, it was The Great Guns N' Roses Theatre.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
madagas
« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2005, 10:39:22 AM »

Mikka, not that your comments are worthy of a response......but, does going to 7 UYI shows help me be a "qualified" appraiser of Gnr's place in rock history? You watch your bootlegs, I'll go with what I saw up close and personal. Gnr and this board are sport to me, pure fun..a way of killing time at work. I listen to ALOT of other stuff besides Guns. Believe me, I know a good guitar player when I see one and hear one. Slash was great, but I have seen a lot better as well. The old band is simply dead to me. Once Izzy jumped ship, it was over. The chemistry was gone. It was obvious at the time and more so now. Now, here's the deal, I love Duff-the King of Beers. Great guy who seems to really have his shit together now. But, he simply does not have the skills or songwriting ability of Tommy. I am being purely objective. Also, Slash WAS a mess on that tour-simple as that. I am not saying he hasn't created some of the best riffs ever, I am just saying that objectively, he was very spotty on the UYI tour. After actually seeing a large number of shows and watching bootlegs, Axl was much more focused night in and night out. He may have been a little too over the top, but, night in and night out, he gave you a 110%. ?peace
« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 09:37:02 AM by madagas » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #79 on: June 25, 2005, 10:46:02 AM »

Axl was acting. Have you seen the Tokyo DVD? Or Paris? etc. He plays like an actor, only few of his moves are genuine. He did a great show, he had to work very hard to plan (mostly) all his moves and he put a lot energy to the show, I don't doubt that. He didn't have the same attitude he had in the AFD days. But if you can't see he was acting than you're blind. Nothing's really wrong with that, Freddie Mercury, who was probably the biggest frontman of all time planned his stage presence and stage moves, too. But it wasn't street rock anymore, it was The Great Guns N' Roses Theatre.

Just because he did certain moves in certain songs doesn't make it acting. You make it sound like he faked everything because he moved a certain way during certain songs. I bet he did that during the AFD tour as well.

Listen to some of the performances instead of looking at the moves he made. You can tell that certain shows he sang like he meant it. Maybe that's acting to you....  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: