Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 04:49:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Brain Answers Fans Questions - 4
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brain Answers Fans Questions - 4  (Read 16517 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #100 on: June 27, 2005, 07:22:11 PM »

Mike, I agree that they should promote the album like that. But its highly doubtful they will. Interesting that you point out wanting band pics besides those from the 2002 tour, This is one of the many reasons this band is not taken seriously by the general public. There are no official pics of the band. That is one of the strangest things about this whole thing. Couldn't the whole band get together for a couple hours and take some photos. Its almost like they dont want to be taken seriously. Just about every band in the world has a poster. This band doesn't.

well gnr was very very heavy into afd publicity shots.. then there was some illusions but not much.. Forget about when it was dizzy gilby matt.. I bought TSI poster and it was just random shots of the band, then the sleeve wasn't the band together just the sneakers
Axl said he hated pics and gave a whole speech about it in the robert john gnr photobook ,.. I never understood the fact of no photos just chilling out off stage with his new group.. This group doesn't really have any characteristics of a band in the normal way we know it.. You would think the first priority would be to get an album out.. They have the resources to release albums n tour, it's not like they are some poor group together for 5 years but can't catch a record deal.. I'll never understand what is happening or what happened until someone talks about it..
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #101 on: June 28, 2005, 07:01:58 PM »

Mike, I totally agree. Its the strangest set of circumstances in the history of music. No pics, no album, bandmembers go a year or more without seeing each other, Axl's allergy to talking to his fans, and the many contradictions given by various bandmembers about this album. This story is just begging for a journalist to expose it. It almost happened with the NYT article. CD came within a "hair's breadth" of being exposed as a fraud. But there wasn't very much inside information in that article, so it wound up dying a quick death. If you ever want to bum yourself out, go read that article.LOL!! One of these days, someone close to Axl is gonna "spill the beans", and it will blow the lid off this thing. I've always thought that CD would be one of the biggest news stories of this decade, but not for the reasons most people think. I just wish Axl would release something before it comes to that.

DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #102 on: June 28, 2005, 08:25:00 PM »

Mike, I totally agree. Its the strangest set of circumstances in the history of music. No pics, no album, bandmembers go a year or more without seeing each other, Axl's allergy to talking to his fans, and the many contradictions given by various bandmembers about this album. This story is just begging for a journalist to expose it. It almost happened with the NYT article. CD came within a "hair's breadth" of being exposed as a fraud. But there wasn't very much inside information in that article, so it wound up dying a quick death. If you ever want to bum yourself out, go read that article.LOL!! One of these days, someone close to Axl is gonna "spill the beans", and it will blow the lid off this thing. I've always thought that CD would be one of the biggest news stories of this decade, but not for the reasons most people think. I just wish Axl would release something before it comes to that.

Do you think the reason this whole thing is very strange because Axl is running the show?  I mean no disrepect to the man, I love him but it seems to me with him running everything could be the reason for all these oddities.  When he was in old GNR, he had to answer to the rest of his band as well as his manager Doug Goldstein and the record co, correct?   Now, he doesn't have that pressure so being he is a perfectionist, doesn't like photos taken, who he is sueing, etc.. could be one or all of the many reasons we have seen CD yet or this band since 2002.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #103 on: June 28, 2005, 08:55:50 PM »

DTJ, you make a good point. I think that if it wasn't for Izzy, we would still be waiting for Illusions to be released. But I dont agree about your reasons for no CD. I think there's something far more sinister going on than just Axl 'taking his sweet time'.

DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #104 on: June 29, 2005, 10:53:46 AM »

DTJ, you make a good point. I think that if it wasn't for Izzy, we would still be waiting for Illusions to be released. But I dont agree about your reasons for no CD. I think there's something far more sinister going on than just Axl 'taking his sweet time'.

Sinister...could be?   I wonder what though.  What sinister thing could possibly be holding up the release of CD?  Definitely adds to the intrigue..   Although, what screams to me that it's Axl being a perfectionist about it, is the NYT article and statements before that from some producers and people that have worked with him over the years, ex.. Moby, Zakk Wylde, etc.  All say the music is great and that Axl still wasn't satisfied and in the NYT article, I forget the producers names that worked with him, they also stated the music was great but that Axl still didn't want to release it so they left to do other things.   Both of us make really good points and I think that whenever it does come out, hopefullly we will get some answers peace

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #105 on: June 29, 2005, 10:56:57 AM »

Put it this way if it wasn't for pressure you might have seen gnr as a one album band, damn illusions might have never came out if it was up to axl.. Imagine that stuff coming out in 93 or 94, would have beena total commercial failure..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #106 on: June 29, 2005, 01:34:09 PM »

Maybe Axl has a sense of humour?
I guess Axl knows there's none in GNR who deserve your name-calling.
He knows them far more than you do.
Moreover, He knows how much the biased people love to take everything amiss since he's been there.
Well what's taking so long? I didn't neccesarily bash Brain and them , It just seems Axl is becoming like Howard Hughes. Anyway if Chinese Democracy does come out soon in this day in age for music , its just going to be another Mtv-whore album, unless Axl has what it takes to break the cycle...
It took long because my mouse has been a total wreck for a week and it's getting worse. now it takes me 10mins till I can point it at any target. I can't post, as I want. Cry No, who give a shit about my mouse. You are talking about cd.  All we got are guesses and fantasy other than the quotes from Mysteron Dizzy n Tommy. And it should be discussed in the other thread.

I didn't necessarily think you bushed them either.  I knew you were talking about ifs. I just picked your post because your question was handy to introduce my shout with. I stated the obvious for anyone who regards oneself as being entitled to come between Axl and the other members and not for you if you know you don't.
No hard feelings.  peace
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #107 on: June 29, 2005, 05:28:51 PM »

DTJ, your mention of the NYT article and some producers using the term'the music is great' is one of the most troubling aspects of this thing, yet people ignore it completely. We've been hearing 'the music is great' for going on 8 years. No mention of great lyrics or great vocals. They always use the term 'great music'. WHY? Most likely because all these people have only heard instrumentals. Remember that Rolling Stone reporter who heard some songs about 5 years ago? People seem to develop amnesia to the fact that the guy only heard instrumentals. And when you consider all the contradictions by the band members: the albums done, only artwork remains,vocals finished, album 95% done, Axl doing vocals, the musics all done, Robin and Richard alternating lead. This just reeks of deception. If Axl doesnt give a damn about CD, he needs to just tell us. Because if he doesn't, eventually someone will.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: