Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 11:05:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228063 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Brain Answers Fans Questions - 4
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brain Answers Fans Questions - 4  (Read 16690 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #80 on: June 25, 2005, 10:47:22 AM »

I could care less about who was on or off on which nights.. I agree about izzy though.. See this is how it is for me.. The 80's had loads of rockers that were big time drug users so when gnr formed you knew it was like a time bomb of users but that was what made it great to.. 5 guys being themselves not following the labels.. If I watched them at the ritz I wanted to see people on the edge people that could do anything at any minute.. They were the most dangerous band out there... So I never expected the most perfect playing because you knew they were loaded or drunk, but it was live so it was all good.. I have the albums I know how the music sounds.. So for me 5 rebels using drugs pounding booze and the attitude was a big draw for me, the i don't give a fuck attitude pound some beers kill a bottle of jack and rock out was all good to me.. ?This was them, what you saw was what you got... So if slash was fucking wasted or duff high it wasn't a suprise or if they fucked up a solo.. That's just me thought.. I can say all the music I love most likely had some major drug use so I never really cared as long as they showed up to the gigs..
madagas
« Reply #81 on: June 25, 2005, 11:00:07 AM »

Last time I checked, the Replacements were considered probably the most fucked up, drunken train wreck waitin' to happen band in rock history. Tommy knows a thing or two or three or four about having a "good time". Now, his pancreas didn't explode but maybe Tommy can just hold his liquor a little better. rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #82 on: June 25, 2005, 11:19:01 AM »

Last time I checked, the Replacements were considered probably the most fucked up, drunken train wreck waitin' to happen band in rock history. Tommy knows a thing or two or three or four about having a "good time". Now, his pancreas didn't explode but maybe Tommy can just hold his liquor a little better. rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
I have to be honest, I heard of the group's name but didn't know them... So I know nothing about them or their abusive habbits..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #83 on: June 25, 2005, 11:32:58 AM »

It's Fine that You don't have an answer to my question.

I thought you might be familiar with both, sorry.

Yes, both are "recent", their former band's are considered quite releventi/nfluential and get tons of airplay across the US.

Anything else?
This is my question, you see.
Can you name some recent n decent musicians who told you that they were only for the cash n chicks?
Precisely only the "cash" bit had relevancy to  the topic.

Also By the recent musicians I meant todays rising stars or those who are in their prime or made their debut lately, as late as in the last several years not a couple of decades ago.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #84 on: June 25, 2005, 12:03:07 PM »

their abusive habbits..
your odd taste... nervous

The only guy who had any fire and passion was Axl.
That sounds same to what I've heard of from the ppl who witnessed a band out of the unknown- GN'R of 1985,6ish. Even when the worst day, the vocalist alone put up a brave show cheering up the other guys who were put all out of sorts with boos n hisses.  yes

I wish he would change the name but that's a whole other thread. hihi
Maybe better after the success of the upcoming album. Cheesy
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #85 on: June 25, 2005, 12:26:44 PM »

It's Fine that You don't have an answer to my question.

I thought you might be familiar with both, sorry.

Yes, both are "recent", their former band's are considered quite releventi/nfluential and get tons of airplay across the US.

Anything else?
This is my question, you see.
Can you name some recent n decent musicians who told you that they were only for the cash n chicks?
Precisely only the "cash" bit had relevancy to? the topic.

Also By the recent musicians I meant todays rising stars or those who are in their prime or made their debut lately, as late as in the last several years not a couple of decades ago.

Understood, the paraphrase my earlier post was meant to show musicians don't get into the business solely for the art, there's usually other motives as well. ?IE girls, not to work a 9-5 job and possibly in Brain's case, monetary reward. ?

Kid Rock had a Christmas special on VH1 a year or so ago, when asked about why he got started in the music business responded (paraphrasing again) with "2 reasons, girls and money, that simple".
I'm sure there's plenty of others new and not that share at least part of the same rational, some who enjoys the perks of their art much more than the art itself.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #86 on: June 25, 2005, 12:53:37 PM »

I said I knew they were drug users and drunks so that never bothered me..
You are obviously bothered with the cleaner image while saying their being themselves is great.

Not me in either way. An Image is just the way you are seen/you see something.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #87 on: June 25, 2005, 08:21:21 PM »

Mikka, I usually agree with some of the stuff you say, but saying Axl was acting is the most moronic thing I've ever heard in my life. Even dumber then Pandora's statement about me being a "CONSTANT whiner". If you think its all an act, why are you a fan? Axl definitely has issues, but he is the most genuine rock star the world has ever seen. On any given night, he let that night's performance consume every ounce of his being. Tommy talks about CD being "earth shattering". I'll tell you what was earth shattering: Seeing GNR on a hot summer night in July 1991. In Axl's contract, he said he was only obligated to play 80-90 minutes. Instead, he blew the crowd's mind for almost 3 hours, giving us a performance we will never forget. That is NOT acting.

Glass Axe
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #88 on: June 25, 2005, 10:18:19 PM »

If any of you knew Brain (yes I know him through a friend), you'd know he's just having fun with the 'gettin paid 'thing.  He hasn't gotten a paycheck with them for over a year.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #89 on: June 26, 2005, 12:40:51 PM »

so it seems considering it all in all. Glass Axe

Understood, the paraphrase my earlier post was meant to show musicians don't get into the business solely for the art, there's usually other motives as well.  IE girls, not to work a 9-5 job and possibly in Brain's case, monetary reward. 

Kid Rock had a Christmas special on VH1 a year or so ago, when asked about why he got started in the music business responded (paraphrasing again) with "2 reasons, girls and money, that simple".
I'm sure there's plenty of others new and not that share at least part of the same rational, some who enjoys the perks of their art much more than the art itself.

I don't disagree about what you said there but about Brain. 

Yep everyone needs money and girls/boys.
Why I asked that question is that I've heard that once upon a time it was considered cool for a yet to be known artist to say, "girls and/or money" as his primal reason in taking the career.
In my account, you got to read between lines. Not every musician would get an abundant supply of cash n chicks. Actually it's rare. You'd be thankful if you got paid enough to survive by doing what you really like. That's why it used to be ballsy to mention cash n chicks expressly of all the motives.

Nevertheless, those guys you brought up must have meant what they said. yes

Brain is quite the opposite.
Yep, Everyone's got to get paid, let alone a talented professional drummer.
Yep, Brain is one honest guy. Yep he must be sure CD will sell like hell and heap money on him.
But he has already said "got to get paid" 3 times in return for their questions.
If you still think he's not a joker but just been honest, well beat your brain a bit harder for gods sake.

Brian's attitude toward his music quite differs from kid rock n co. He'd rather live for music than do it for a living.

"I love music so much that I don't want it to be the main factar for my living."- Brain

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #90 on: June 26, 2005, 01:16:51 PM »

But he has already said "got to get paid" 3 times in return for their questions.

Yes he has, which leads me to believe there might be a hint of truth in his sarcasm.

If you still think he's not a joker but just been honest, well beat your brain a bit harder for gods sake.

I'm a realist, merely acknowledging his motives with GNR might not be entirely altruistic.? Anyone who doesn't at least consider that may also need to "beat your brain a bit harder for gods sake".

As I've stated before, I could care less one way or the other, the reasoning behind his motives for? involvement in GNR are absolutely none of my business.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #91 on: June 26, 2005, 02:24:19 PM »

The idea that Axl Rose did anything other throw himself into his songs as hard as he possibly could is just absurd.

There is no way that he could fool people by "acting" for that long a period of time.  His insincerity would have come out sooner or later.

Even two men that hate Axl Rose, Slash and Matt Sorum, said in the BTM episode that "The same things that make Axl so difficult are what drive him to be such a great performer and songwriter", and "He's like the greatest frontman ever".

He's not that good an actor.  He is just that magnetic and mesmerizing.  And that's why he's one of the greatest frontmen in rock history.

Ali
MikeB
« Reply #92 on: June 26, 2005, 04:54:22 PM »

2) Do you feel part of Guns n'roses as a band, or do you just consider it some income?

BR) It's a band as long as I'm getting paid
If the new gunners are using Axl as a steping stone for money when they are out touring and making music besides finishing Chinese Democracy, why can't  Axl  just fire the little queers? Angry rant
« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 04:57:00 PM by MikeB » Logged
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #93 on: June 26, 2005, 05:47:36 PM »

if robin finck replaced jimmy page for zepplin would that be cool..
Robins role isnt to replace Slash.

As Madagas said earlier, who cares how the new band plays the old songs. Whether you like the way they play them or not...they are here for 1 reason. Chinese Democracy. That will be the make or break. Its a new band with an old name.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 05:49:11 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #94 on: June 26, 2005, 06:21:42 PM »

I'm a realist, merely acknowledging his motives with GNR might not be entirely altruistic.  Anyone who doesn't at least consider that may also need to "beat your brain a bit harder for gods sake".

As I've stated before, I could care less one way or the other, the reasoning behind his motives for  involvement in GNR are absolutely none of my business.

Nor Mine. 
I never said anyone's motives with any business were entirely altruistic. Only Brain and God knows.
Didn't Axl say they were doing it for themselves or something along those lines?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 06:26:14 PM by ppbebe » Logged
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #95 on: June 26, 2005, 06:38:41 PM »

If the new gunners are using Axl as a steping stone for money when they are out touring and making music besides finishing Chinese Democracy, why can't  Axl  just fire the little queers? Angry rant
Maybe Axl has a sense of humour? Shocked
I guess Axl knows there's none in GNR who deserve your name-calling.
He knows them far more than you do.
Moreover, He knows how much the biased people love to take everything amiss since he's been there.
MikeB
« Reply #96 on: June 26, 2005, 08:15:28 PM »

Maybe Axl has a sense of humour?
I guess Axl knows there's none in GNR who deserve your name-calling.
He knows them far more than you do.
Moreover, He knows how much the biased people love to take everything amiss since he's been there.
Well what's taking so long? I didn't neccesarily bash Brain and them , It just seems Axl is becoming like Howard Hughes. Anyway if Chinese Democracy does come out soon in this day in age for music , its just going to be another Mtv-whore album, unless Axl has what it takes to break the cycle...
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #97 on: June 26, 2005, 08:20:31 PM »

CD an MTV whore album?? Now thats funny!! I think its obvious that this album will not be promoted in the traditional way an album is promoted. Yeah, of course MTV will talk about it. But Axl will not be an MTV "whore".

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #98 on: June 27, 2005, 04:45:39 AM »

CD an MTV whore album?? Now thats funny!! I think its obvious that this album will not be promoted in the traditional way an album is promoted. Yeah, of course MTV will talk about it. But Axl will not be an MTV "whore".

maybe not but I am hoping for  a kurt loder one on one interview.... I think the gnr name is an mtv whore, it was from wttj to estranged.. That's anyone with mainstream popularity... I doubt but I could be wrong that you will see the 7 member band doing these promo sessions like hosting headbanger's ball or taking over the weekly rock show like most bands do.. I don't know why but I really would love to see the band do something like that, it would be cool to see the guys with axl just hanging out having a good time.. Nice way to get to know the band members and see them interact.. One picture outside of a 2001-02 gig would be cool too.. beer
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #99 on: June 27, 2005, 05:30:18 PM »

Mike, I agree that they should promote the album like that. But its highly doubtful they will. Interesting that you point out wanting band pics besides those from the 2002 tour, This is one of the many reasons this band is not taken seriously by the general public. There are no official pics of the band. That is one of the strangest things about this whole thing. Couldn't the whole band get together for a couple hours and take some photos. Its almost like they dont want to be taken seriously. Just about every band in the world has a poster. This band doesn't.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: