Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 06:19:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227992 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose is one ballsy, gutsy, AND funny guy!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose is one ballsy, gutsy, AND funny guy!  (Read 2736 times)
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« on: June 29, 2005, 01:14:50 PM »

just a real quick thought.

how funny is it, that in 2002, while the whole world watched and waited for Axl Rose and the new GnR to finally play live n go on tour, how funny is it that there were riots, cancellations, and various problems.

the guy is hysterical. can nothing go right??? after all the riots and problems with 91-93, you'd think he's older, more mature, wiser......but nope, cancellations, riots, then a cancelled tour!

the guy is funny...the fact that he doesn't care about much at all is kinda hysterical. he's like the godfather, but he never gets pinched.

by the way::: who here thinks Axl checks out this website?Huh?
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 01:20:42 PM »

Axl by his own admission says that nothing ever goes right for him now whether that is self-imposed the majority of the time, I don't know.   With the riots on the new tour, at least he didn't walk angrilly off the stage, he never showed up, so we don't know what the real reasons were for that.  also, the cancellation of the tour is sketchy too.

As far as Axl checking out this sight, I don't know, Jarmo what do you think?  I believe that Axl has and does check out the sites from time to time just by the rants on his last tour. 

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 01:23:32 PM »

after all the riots and problems with 91-93, you'd think he's older, more mature, wiser......but nope, cancellations, riots, then a cancelled tour!
?I was like wtf when I heard about vancouver, I was like damn again, the man is older now has a new band to think about why start this way..?? Guess it wasn't his fault but he was running late, to close for a first show in so long.. I really felt like he had changed and all would be better time wise..

the guy is funny...the fact that he doesn't care about much at all is kinda hysterical. he's like the godfather, but he never gets pinched.
I think it's more sad then funny, and I'm sure the lawsuits prove he's no teflon don..

You'd think for a lot of us older fans that waited he would have mellowed out in the later years and just concentrated on being a showmen and enjoying the music..

Gues not, but thank god we have the old music to always hear..
Kitano
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005, 03:50:57 PM »

Axl is to blame for most of his problems including no lack of new material.  It's all up to him, he still has time to change his ways and act like a professional or he can continue to piss his career away.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2005, 04:14:53 PM »

I beleive it could be b/c of his mental health the cancellations, riots etc.  I'm Bi-Polar II and can have a really tuff time doing anything without my meds.  Axl back in the day admitted to being bi-polar and not taking meds.  The condition does not get any better with age.  And with his new-age beliefs, he might still not take anything.  But thats just my opinion about his mental health.  For all I know he could be fine, or following docs orders. ok  I don't want the man calling me out at his next concert. nervous

TWOIFBYSEA
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2005, 04:34:01 PM »

Axl Rose was one ballsy, gutsy, AND funny guy!
alternativemonkey
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2005, 04:43:59 PM »

just a real quick thought.

how funny is it, that in 2002, while the whole world watched and waited for Axl Rose and the new GnR to finally play live n go on tour, how funny is it that there were riots, cancellations, and various problems.

the guy is hysterical. can nothing go right??? after all the riots and problems with 91-93, you'd think he's older, more mature, wiser......but nope, cancellations, riots, then a cancelled tour!

by the way::: who here thinks Axl checks out this website?Huh?

The truth is Axl cares too much! He has always been worried about how the press reports him and how many albums he sells. For God's sake, during the 2002 MSG show, he complained about a concert review he received at MSG back in 1991! He hasn't released CD yet because he is worried what his critics will say.
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2005, 05:29:08 PM »

Axl is caught is a self-fulfilling prophecy.  He goes on tour thinking that something bad is going to happen, he starts showing up late if at all and trouble starts, then Axl gets to say "See I told you it was going to be bad." 

I wonder how many songs have been trashed during this CD process as a result of this kind of thinking. 
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2005, 05:44:39 PM »

W 23, you think its hysterical that Axl doesn't give a damn about this situation?? I think its extremely pathetic. He doesn't even deserve this hardcore fanbase he has. Because of what he did 87-91, he keeps all of us hanging by a thread. While 99% of the other stars from that era joined the land of the has beens.

BaDoBsEsSiOn418
Rocker

Yowza!

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2005, 05:50:25 PM »

He hasn't released CD yet because he is worried what his critics will say.

Probably the most simple, intelligent reason I've heard about the delay of Chinese Democracy.? Hit the nail right on the head.

Why's everybody so obsessed with the album?  Can't you just be happy that Axl gets to hang out with rich fashion designers? -MotherGooseLuvR
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2005, 06:48:07 PM »

good point gilld1--everyone goes back to quotes from Brian May and other musicians that helped out with this CD (and it's been a couple years since the collaboration hasn't it?), and that is a very good point that the stuff they heard may be indeed be trashed by now...I don't think funny is the right word...sad sounds about right...
vietnow138
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2005, 06:54:14 PM »

He hasn't released CD yet because he is worried what his critics will say.

Probably the most simple, intelligent reason I've heard about the delay of Chinese Democracy.? Hit the nail right on the head.
What the hell are you talking about? That'd be one of the most dumbest reasons to not release an album that you've been working on for 8 years.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: