Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 08:12:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Interview with Richard Fortus - Part II
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Interview with Richard Fortus - Part II  (Read 9993 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2005, 07:16:06 PM »

Voodoo, why are they alternating? Remember, THE MUSIC'S DONE!! Its been done for years! So why are you alternating when there's no reason to be alternating? His comments would make sense if the band was rehearsing or something to that effect. But from what we've heard in recent months, the band hasn't been together in a year or longer. Sorry about the harsh comments I posted earlier. These types of interviews really frustrate me. Its cool he mentioned some non GNR stuff, and those comments make sense. Its when he starts in on CD when the contradictions start. When one of these guys mentions CD, it just makes the situation even more pathetic.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2005, 07:21:23 PM »

Ali, what I meant by that comment was that as long as there are people who continually buy the bullshit that they're selling, and dont seek the truth, then this wait will continue indefinitely.

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2005, 07:29:59 PM »

Ali, what I meant by that comment was that as long as there are people who continually buy the bullshit that they're selling, and dont seek the truth, then this wait will continue indefinitely.

Well, I have to disagree.  I don't think anything anyone can say or do will have any effect on the album's release.

It's all up to Axl Rose and whether or not he feels it's time to move forward.

Ali
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2005, 07:58:42 PM »

Voodoo, why are they alternating? Remember, THE MUSIC'S DONE!! Its been done for years! So why are you alternating when there's no reason to be alternating? His comments would make sense if the band was rehearsing or something to that effect. But from what we've heard in recent months, the band hasn't been together in a year or longer. Sorry about the harsh comments I posted earlier. These types of interviews really frustrate me. Its cool he mentioned some non GNR stuff, and those comments make sense. Its when he starts in on CD when the contradictions start. When one of these guys mentions CD, it just makes the situation even more pathetic.

What gear will you use with Guns n'roses?

With Guns, I will be using assorted guitars (mostly First Act and Gibson). I will also be using the Cornford 100 watt stacks. I will also be using the Hermida pedals and the Sex Drive, as well as the Hiwatt tape echoes.

This Q and A here is what caught my eye.  In the interviews I have read last year and this year so far, no one has ever asked this type of question.  He answered it making me get excited that they are going to be out on tour eventually.  Whether it's crap or not, at least it was a different question and it wasn't a programmed answer.  For once I didn't feel that he was being a slave to the gag order.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2005, 08:01:13 PM »

Voodoo, why are they alternating? Remember, THE MUSIC'S DONE!! Its been done for years! So why are you alternating when there's no reason to be alternating? His comments would make sense if the band was rehearsing or something to that effect. But from what we've heard in recent months, the band hasn't been together in a year or longer.
Please, read my post again.
You don't need the whole band to talk about who will get some solo. And, like I said before, they could just talkin with each other by phone/email or whatever. I repeat: you don't need the whole band to do that.

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2005, 08:02:31 PM »

Another shitty interview by splat and not asking if he redid any of BHs parts.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2005, 08:04:51 PM »

Another shitty interview by splat and not asking if he redid any of BHs parts.
I disagree. This time, the interview was quite good... For guitar players, at least, was really cool. Wink

Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2005, 09:09:05 PM »

All I see is another contradiction. First, Richard and Robin were alternating lead and rythmn. Now he's back to saying his parts were done along time ago. Richard, make up your fucking mind!!

keep in mind that people quite often naturally use the present tense when referring to CD content.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2005, 09:28:10 PM »

They will be alternating on the next tour, if you can't see that then god help you man.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2005, 09:35:27 PM »

chineseblues, he wasnt talking about the next tour. It was about the CURRENT situation in GNR. If you cant see that, then god help you man.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2005, 09:39:23 PM »

Dave-GNR, I completely agree. If someone with a brain was asking the questions, the first question would be Buckethead's status on CD. But they never ask, and the band never tells. Considering how busy Robin and Richard are at "alternating", you would think they would know the answer.

jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2005, 10:20:05 PM »

They will be alternating on the next tour, if you can't see that then god help you man.

That was so ingnorant to think that the band wouldnt be altering things.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2005, 10:27:56 PM »

chineseblues, he wasnt talking about the next tour. It was about the CURRENT situation in GNR. If you cant see that, then god help you man.

dude guns arent together as a band right now so how could they be alternating parts between richard and robin? hmm oh i guess they must be alternating via UPS since Richard is in Europe  hihi
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2005, 10:52:42 PM »

Dave-GNR, I completely agree. If someone with a brain was asking the questions, the first question would be Buckethead's status on CD. But they never ask, and the band never tells. Considering how busy Robin and Richard are at "alternating", you would think they would know the answer.

They dont even have to ask about CD. Just say have you been asked to go back into the studio to redo BHs parts or something like that. Its as simple question that the jackassed at splat are not smart enough to ask.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
estranged.1098
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2005, 11:06:29 PM »

They dont even have to ask about CD. Just say have you been asked to go back into the studio to redo BHs parts or something like that. Its as simple question that the jackassed at splat are not smart enough to ask.

Why don't you ask it and stop bitching?
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2005, 11:12:36 PM »

Why don't you ask it and stop bitching?

Because their interviewers are morons. I told them to ask before.

GNRisSLASH
Banned
Rocker

Ch. Democracy will be out when China's a Democracy

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2005, 11:17:36 PM »

Dave Gnr2k47 - You owe me $100, i believe.  I haven't posted on here in a loooong time. I bet you $100 the album wouldn't be out by the end of 2003, a bet you not only lost but should be paying me interest on.  Wanna make anymore dumb bets on the progress of this never-to-be-released opus?

"It'll be out by 2009"
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2005, 11:20:58 PM »

Dave Gnr2k47 - You owe me $100, i believe.? I haven't posted on here in a loooong time. I bet you $100 the album wouldn't be out by the end of 2003, a bet you not only lost but should be paying me interest on.? Wanna make anymore dumb bets on the progress of this never-to-be-released opus?

Nice try no one took my bet cept for one guy on mygnr.com? and it was for $20. And I paid him the money. So nice try buddy. Because on Jan 1st 2004 you posted my bet, and laughed by the joke was on you since I asked 10 people to bet and not one took me up on it on this board.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2005, 11:31:34 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2005, 11:23:57 PM »

chineseblues, although you're being sarcastic towards me, your subconscience is starting to understand the contradictions.

GNRisSLASH
Banned
Rocker

Ch. Democracy will be out when China's a Democracy

« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2005, 11:26:35 PM »

Dave Gnr2k47 - You owe me $100, i believe.? I haven't posted on here in a loooong time. I bet you $100 the album wouldn't be out by the end of 2003, a bet you not only lost but should be paying me interest on.? Wanna make anymore dumb bets on the progress of this never-to-be-released opus?

I asked 10 people to bed and not one took me up on it on this board.

That's no surprise.  If you asked 1,000 people to bed, I bet no one would take you up on your offer.

"It'll be out by 2009"
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: