Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 04:33:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227941 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Interview with Richard Fortus - Part II
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Interview with Richard Fortus - Part II  (Read 9919 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2005, 11:30:28 PM »

Dave, I bet someone on one of these forums that VR would release a greatest hits before Axl releases CD.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2005, 12:41:42 AM »

chineseblues, although you're being sarcastic towards me, your subconscience is starting to understand the contradictions.

Oh really, so you can read minds now huh? So tell me mr psychic what are the winning lotto numbers? Kiss
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2005, 12:47:18 AM »

chineseblues, I will reveal those lotto numbers to you 'soon'.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2005, 01:24:04 AM »

Dave-GNR, I completely agree. If someone with a brain was asking the questions, the first question would be Buckethead's status on CD. But they never ask, and the band never tells. Considering how busy Robin and Richard are at "alternating", you would think they would know the answer.

They dont even have to ask about CD. Just say have you been asked to go back into the studio to redo BHs parts or something like that. Its as simple question that the jackassed at splat are not smart enough to ask.

Why don't you ask it and stop bitching?

Because their interviewers are morons. I told them to ask before.

Or rather, because the interviewers have brains but yet haven't realized that the majority of GN'R fans are morons? Undecided
Geez holy Christ!  Enough clues are given to us here. And AdZ, thanks for the link.
The following is from jellifish com. Some of the notes in brackets are not correctly put, perhaps by the site.

"I love my Jellifish?...used it recently all over the score for the [Oscar?-winning] movie Monster. I also used it on Scott McCloud's (Girls Against Boys) new record, as well as Jesse Malin's forthcoming album. Got a great response from all the Xmas presents too! All the guys in the band loved them! (I actually need a few more for those friends that I'd forgotten.) I've given Jellifish? to friends like BT, Jon Carin (Pink Floyd/The Who), Eric Schermerhorn (Iggy Pop/The The/Seal), Knox Chandler (Dave Gahan/Souxsie and the Banshees), John Ashton (Psychedelic Furs), Robin Finck (Nine Inch Nails), as well as everyone in my band -- except for our drummer who has enough toys already! Anyhow, thanks for developing an amazing product. I'll continue to spread the word!" (Richard Fortus, currently a member of Guns N' Roses and has also played with The Psychedelic Furs, Love Spit Love, Ben Folds, *NSYNC, Britney Spears, Deep Dish, Gravity Kills, Jesse Malin & Enrique Iglesias)

For instance, Monster was released in 2003. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0340855/fullcredits
Now do your maths. Or Homework.

Have you recorded with it?

I've used it on a number of film scores, video game scores and commercials and tv themes, as well as records.

Have you incorporated the Jellifish into the GN'R sound?

I didn't use it on the Chinese Democracy record, as most of my parts were done by the time I discovered the Jellifish.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2005, 01:25:41 AM by ppbebe » Logged
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2005, 02:10:08 AM »

Thanks ppbebe!!
So, he fave the Jellifish to Robin! That's cool, hope they're coming with new sounds! Smiley

a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2005, 04:50:16 AM »

chineseblues, although you're being sarcastic towards me, your subconscience is starting to understand the contradictions.

James my man! You think way to much of yourself, I think you need to wind it in a little. Why make these sort of comments to fellow guns fans? You go and post some really sensible and interesting reads and then every so often come up with a whole heap of shite or really dumb non-thinking comments! Why? We are all here for the same reason because we love the band old and new and are looking forward to the release of the album. I for one take any little snippet of an interview as a positive and this one from Richard was a good one. It also gets so tiring reading posts from some other people saying that the album will never come out or that Slash is GnR .Why do you people come here? If you think that the album will never come out then your wasting your precious time and your hugeley fucking mistaken because the album will come out, when its ready and they will tour and I for one am looking forward to it as much as I was was when Appetitie and Illusions came out. Also the people who say shit like Slash is GnR you lot are really wasting your fucking time. Honestly why do you come here at all? If you think that Slash is GnR, but he has left the band years ago, then what is your interest in the band now? Unless you do still have a major interest in the band as they are and you just say these things to be opinionated fucks or just to cause trouble?

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2005, 05:14:31 AM »

estranged33, I'd like to correct one of your statements. I have NEVER said Slash was GNR. I have never said that in my entire life. In fact, I think the opposite is true. I think Izzy had a much bigger impact on the band than Slash, and I mean no disrespect to Slash when I say that. And as far as your comments about my posts, thanks for complimenting me on my insightful Knowledge(LMAO). Although I do admit my posts over the last week or so have taken on negative overtones. I mean no disrespect to the people who are offended by them. Every now and then, I get very frustrated with this whole wait. Its a hard thing to not only deal with, but also to understand. I have lashed out at a few people on here, and I apologize to each one of them. We are all in this together. Its the one thing we all have in common, and we have been on this 12 journey together. I have the utmost respect for each and every GNR fan in the world. They are the only ones who know what it feels like to go through this. We shall either sink or swim together.

Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2005, 06:06:14 AM »

Please get back on topic now.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
estranged.1098
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2005, 09:57:21 AM »

Because their interviewers are morons. I told them to ask before.

Why don't YOU ask Richard the questions you want?
darkmonth
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2005, 09:58:45 AM »

Ali and VoodooChild, you're wrong. He was talking about right NOW. I mean no disrespect when I say this to you guys, but its people like the two of you who will ensure that we wait another 5 or 10 years for this thing. If everyone just sits there and nods at everything they say, no matter how ridiculous the comment, they will keep spewing the same shit for years.

.. NO... YOU are wrong...

read again what he says ...

"... as most of my parts were done by the time I discovered the Jellifish".

MOST of his parts. Not all.  Stop giving your crappy opinion if you don't read it properly.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: