Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 12:31:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  bumping of old threads and personal chit chat in the threads
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: bumping of old threads and personal chit chat in the threads  (Read 9913 times)
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2005, 12:32:00 PM »

EDIT - D = Fingercuffs? I thought Alyssa was Fingercuffs... Huh

D dated Rick Derris and Cohee Lundon before Alyssa did.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2005, 03:46:58 PM »

Kujo was the dead guy on the toilet that Kaitlyn got comatosed over. turns out Kujo wasnt really dead, he just seemed that way with his minimal effort.

I cant imagine when CD comes out the people that will come here.

So many are use to the unregulated message boards and they will bring that over here which will suck but I however am very confident in Jarmo and the mods and I honestly dont expect this board to miss a beat.

It just seems like some are making it out like every single thread on the board turns into a big joke fest and I personally havent seen that.

I brought back the HTGTH story so people could use it to get it out of their systems.

If a thread is truly serious and is hotly debated u will never see a silly joke.

Depends on the thread is all Im saying but its been that way for as long as I can remember.

A thread will be popular and debated for a few days, everyone gets exhausted and tired of arguing so it turns light.

I get tired of people bumping old threads just to prove that a thread has already been started.

But u know if a thread was started september 2001, I really dont wanna use that thread to talk about something on my mind and people should let that thread stay buried and dead and not try to prove a point by bumping it back

I agree 100 percent on that.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2005, 04:26:12 PM »

So, were you ever able to see the sailboat, D?

Its hard to see the same topics just keep coming up over and over and not make a smartass comment every now and than, but thats just me. I've been coming here and posting for so long, there hasnt been a new topic thats caught my interest on the main board for some time now.
So I am guilty of just kind of loitering around waiting for when things get interesting again. Im willing to bet over 95% of my posts are in the off topic sections. It just depends on the different people's personalities on how they spend their time here.

Contrary to popular beliefs Jarmo isnt the hardass some individuals make him out to be. Its his place and his rules but he is pretty lenient on what he allows as long as you are respectful to the other individuals here, minus the occasional ball busting. Hell there has been times he's contributed to the ball-busting. Anyway give the guy a break. Its bad enough hes going to grow up to look like Colonel Sanders he doesnt need more trouble here ok

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2005, 04:50:16 PM »

no problem.

i was just wondering about it. 

there has been a lot of bumping recently... and i've seen a lot of on topic posts recently buried under chatting and joking that was off topic

my feathers are not ruffled...

i just thought i would be contributing something positive to the board by asking about it  peace
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2005, 05:05:11 PM »

Bumping a thread that hasn't been posted in since 2004 just to say "that's stupid" or "this isn't true anymore" is really pointless.

It's one thing to add to the discussion (which actually happens sometimes), but in most cases people will just look up old threads so they can point out how others were wrong.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2005, 06:56:34 PM »

Two things that make this message board great is the moderation so there is  no flaming etc and no duplicate topics

A duplicate topic is if I post lets say "London Bombed" and the same day two more people post the thread "terrorist attack London" and "London under attack"

most boards will let all 3 stay open, but not here.

If i post "are u superstitious" and someone started that thread june of 2003, that to me isnt a duplicate thread.

I dont want to pull a topic 7 pages long back to the main page just to post why Im superstitious and I know people arent gonna read through 7 pages.

So its best to start a fresh version of a topic just cause there are new people, others may have developed new ones etc etc etc.

This board is great at shutting down duplicate threads and verbal flaming etc.

thats why its the best

as long as thatdoesnt change everything will stay perfect to me.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
MCT
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2005, 09:14:48 PM »

rofl

Now THAT'S fuckin' funny... ok

thats why its the best

That's the way it's always been. Why would it change? Because some people are kicking up a fuss over nothing? PUHLEEZE... Roll Eyes

Just don't sweat it Donnie. Ride the wave and it'll all be fine. It always has, right?
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2005, 02:15:28 AM »

I am still in strong support over banning all bon jovi threads.   ok

And silliness is ok, in my opinion.  It helps keep us sane, which some of us need. 
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2005, 02:32:01 AM »

rofl

thats why its the best

That's the way it's always been. Why would it change? Because some people are kicking up a fuss over nothing? PUHLEEZE... Roll Eyes

Just don't sweat it Donnie. Ride the wave and it'll all be fine. It always has, right?

i like reading MST posts, i learn new expression i can try.... " ride the wave ..."  that's pretty cool. MCT is like a surfer or something ... ?____?

SLCPUNK
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2005, 03:10:51 AM »

rofl

thats why its the best

i like reading MST posts, i learn new expression i can try.... " ride the wave ..."  that's pretty cool. MCT is like a surfer or something ... ?____?

Hang ten surfer boy................
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2005, 08:59:29 AM »

Bumping a thread that hasn't been posted in since 2004 just to say "that's stupid" or "this isn't true anymore" is really pointless.

It's one thing to add to the discussion (which actually happens sometimes), but in most cases people will just look up old threads so they can point out how others were wrong.

/jarmo

exactly, thats why threads get locked..... granted its no where near as fast for el locko of the threads in the jungle... cause well its the jungle...... but personally ive bumped about 8 over the last couple months and 2 or 3 of tehm actually managed to get a few extra pages of posts into them..... You just tend to get tired of watching threads appear that are just different enough to warrent a new thread to ahve it mutate into the same old arguement of the last 3 different threads.... IMo of course

PS thx for the help the other day jarmo... frlt like a real tool screwing up th acct  lol guess some would have been happy Wink
l0l

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2005, 04:19:45 AM »

I think that having the bear minimum of rules just so that order is held, is a good way to go.  I love the fact that HTGTH is so easy going and 99% of things can be discussed without problems!  It makes it really good and the fact that there are some, good, rules makes it comfortable at the same time. 

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2005, 04:28:23 AM »

Drama Qween are you aware you're doing just that this morning ?  Grin You must be actually bored as you are wholeover the place !  hihi

The force ... the force ...
Queen of Everything
Legend

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2005, 04:55:55 AM »

Drama Qween are you aware you're doing just that this morning ?? Grin You must be actually bored as you are wholeover the place !? hihi

I know!!!  I have been doing it alot latley!  Im sorry.  But i only post in threads that i really like!!  yes

I was bored!  I was at school and I couldn't think of anything better to do and levive some old threads!!!

Thankyou for noticing Rain!! I feel special!!

And Technicly with my above comment, I was bumping an old thread!!  hihi

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2005, 09:26:46 AM »

I was bored!  I was at school and I couldn't think of anything better to do and levive some old threads!!!

Oh, go frig urself if ur bored.  Angry

Fuck 'Em All.
Queen of Everything
Legend

« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2005, 04:53:39 PM »

I was bored!? I was at school and I couldn't think of anything better to do and levive some old threads!!!

Oh, go frig urself if ur bored.? Angry

Idiot.  That wasnt the reason I posted that was the reason I came online!!!  Next time I wont bother.  At least I typed something worthwhile reading!!!  I didn't know it was so old. give me a break jesus.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2005, 10:40:11 PM »

Oh, go frig urself if ur bored.  Angry

Well if she brought up a new post, then somebody else might say "hey this has been done already."

She gets beat up either way.

We are all here to cure boredom aren't we? hihi
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: