Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 03:36:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228014 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New Brain Interview.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Brain Interview.  (Read 34092 times)
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #140 on: July 20, 2005, 08:10:26 PM »

I thought this thread was about Brain's interview.

(6);---.---,------.-.----
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #141 on: July 20, 2005, 08:19:40 PM »

Not true. Bucket can play rock n roll quite well. Just take his playing on "Nightrain" He totally improved that song. He took a song that was allready awesome and made it that much better with his playing. You just need to stay out of slash's ass  ok

You can't improve something that's perfect in every way.

You can add your own sound to it. You can make it sound differently. But you just can't improve Slash's solos... That's as good as it gets.

I think when you make a statement like that you should add an IMHO to it. Slashes solo's are perfection? You obviously feel they are while others may not right? This is certainly NOT a slag at you , as I understand where you are coming from. But at the same time you have to understand that some of us feel that changes Bucket made to the solo actually made it better.

I go along with the mass amount of fans who think Bucket actually took Nightrain and really added to it and made it better , but again , thats just my opinion.  peace
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 08:25:15 PM by Saul » Logged

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #142 on: July 20, 2005, 10:59:50 PM »

I thought this thread was about Brain's interview.

? ? (6);---.---,------.-.----

yeah, it used to be. Grin

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #143 on: July 20, 2005, 11:07:47 PM »

I thought Bucket moved that Nightrain outro to a whole different level as well. Every solo he played on was an absolute joy to listen to.

Finck on the other hand..... Roll Eyes

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #144 on: July 21, 2005, 02:07:49 AM »

I go along with the mass amount of fans who think Bucket actually took Nightrain and really added to it and made it better , but again , thats just my opinion.? peace

MASS AMOUNT?

Do you know how many people in total saw the new GNR in 2002?

Compare it to how many records AFD has sold.

Oh, and I understand that you're a huge fan of Buckethead, but Slash has been on the cover of every magazine in the world. There's probably a reason for that...

That reason is the guy's ability to grap a guitar and make it cry until it says STOP... And people still respond to that. It's called VR.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #145 on: July 21, 2005, 02:51:11 AM »

Hum... It's still your opinion. Many people HERE still thinks Bucket improved Nightrain. There's no need to take the majority of the fan base to say that.

If Chinese Democracy was released in 2002, Buckethead would be in every magazine too. There's probably a reason for that too... 

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #146 on: July 21, 2005, 02:55:04 AM »

Hum... It's still your opinion. Many people HERE still thinks Bucket improved Nightrain. There's no need to take the majority of the fan base to say that.

If Chinese Democracy was released in 2002, Buckethead would be in every magazine too. There's probably a reason for that too...?

Sure it's still my opinion, but many people HERE don't make the "mass amount of fans"...

And you don't build a career with IF's...

Lineker10
Living the life of a pirate in the Dominican Republic
VIP

Dancin' Down On The Sunset Strip

« Reply #147 on: July 21, 2005, 07:31:11 AM »

The fact is this - Slash wrote Nightrain Bucket didnt. Its easy to say he improved it - but the fact is he couldnt/wouldnt of wrote that song at all in the first place. Slash has wrote some of the most memorable and sucessfull hard rock songs/ riffs/ solos the world has ever known. He was a main member in one of the biggest rock bands the world has ever known. Buckethead on the other hand has acheived practically zero success compared to Slash. And dont give me aload of crap about success not meaning anything - cos lets face it anyone can record something and then go on about how brilliant it is but if the rock n roll fans dont buy it then it means bugger all to anyone. The sign of a good song is that millions of rock n roll fans around the world go buy it, go buy the album and go to the shows - regardless of how big the band is at the time, and continue to buy/enjoy the song years later, Guns with Slash and Izzy acheived that, VR with Slash acheived that - Bucket hasnt.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2005, 07:40:45 AM by Lineker10 » Logged

Riot In Everyone!
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #148 on: July 21, 2005, 07:57:14 AM »

the only ones who idolize buckethead are some crazy psychos at newgnr.com who spit on slash and the old band all the time. that's a shame to have so much disrespect toward the old band and Slash. I'm sure even Axl hasn't so much disrespect inside him toward Slash than those guys.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2005, 08:23:08 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
GNROSAS
Rocker

« Reply #149 on: July 21, 2005, 08:22:42 AM »

the only ones who idolize buckethead are some crazy psychos at newgnr.com who spit on slash and the old band all the time. that's a shame to have so much disrespect fo the old band.

For me the old band desrespected themselves and their career when they decided to leave GNR....

And by the way i never really paid so much attention to the last nightrain solo when Slash played it. Even on AFD... When i heard a SBD bootleg of Buckethead playing it my jaw dropped and made me realize what a great solo there is on nightrain....Definately Big B brought it to another level and i prefer the way he plays it....

And Yes Someone can improve an original Song and make it sound better for a big amount of people...Take KOHD or LALD....by Gnr
The same I believe with nightrain solo....
« Last Edit: July 21, 2005, 08:47:50 AM by GNROSAS » Logged
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #150 on: July 21, 2005, 09:35:22 AM »

Quote from: GNROSAS link=topic=21640.msg372161#msg372161

For me the old band desrespected themselves and their career when they decided to leave GNR....

[quote

Opposite for me, I think they showed the ultimate respect by getting the hell out while the legacy was still somewhat in tact.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #151 on: July 21, 2005, 09:39:45 AM »

The fact is this - Slash wrote Nightrain Bucket didnt. Its easy to say he improved it - but the fact is he couldnt/wouldnt of wrote that song at all in the first place. Slash has wrote some of the most memorable and sucessfull hard rock songs/ riffs/ solos the world has ever known. He was a main member in one of the biggest rock bands the world has ever known. Buckethead on the other hand has acheived practically zero success compared to Slash. And dont give me aload of crap about success not meaning anything - cos lets face it anyone can record something and then go on about how brilliant it is but if the rock n roll fans dont buy it then it means bugger all to anyone. The sign of a good song is that millions of rock n roll fans around the world go buy it, go buy the album and go to the shows - regardless of how big the band is at the time, and continue to buy/enjoy the song years later, Guns with Slash and Izzy acheived that, VR with Slash acheived that - Bucket hasnt.

Slash wasn't the main member. The main member(s) was Axl and Izzy, they wrote most of the songs.
Lineker10
Living the life of a pirate in the Dominican Republic
VIP

Dancin' Down On The Sunset Strip

« Reply #152 on: July 21, 2005, 09:44:02 AM »

Slash wasn't the main member. The main member(s) was Axl and Izzy, they wrote most of the songs.

Slash wrote a ton of the music within Gn'R - mabye not loads of the lyrics - but tons of the music and most if not all of the solos.

Riot In Everyone!
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #153 on: July 21, 2005, 09:47:15 AM »

also in a mediatic ilmpact, slash was as big as axl.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #154 on: July 21, 2005, 09:59:07 AM »

LOL!

Well I'm not knocking slash at all , he is and always will be one of my top 5 favorite guitar players. I've only been listening to him since 1987.

I just feel , alongside the mass amount of fans within the gnr "community" (I shoulda clarified that in my original responce) that Bucket totally added to the Nightrain solo and brought it too another level.

Slash is famous for his work in GNR , nothing less , nothing more .. thats how he made his name. Outside of the GNR community there wasnt a plethora of people clamoring to rush out and buy snakepit albums , in fact Slashes snakepit probably sold as much as Bucketheads independantly released solo albums.

VR , by all logic , shoulda been a huge success too , seeing how it is 3/5ths GNR and the lead singer of Velvet Revolver.

You can go on and on about how Bucket is fairly unknown and I totally agree with that , But had he stayed with GNR when and if Democracy came out and toured and did the videos it wouldnt have been long before he too woulda "been on all the covers" ..  ok

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #155 on: July 21, 2005, 11:51:00 AM »

Well, I'm sorry but 2-3.000 15-year old internet users and forum members still don't qualify as the mass amount of fans for me.

People who disrespect Slash and his input in GN'R's history simply don't have a clue about GNR.

I accept that Buckethead is a great guitar player but what he did with Nightrain was change the solo and adapt it to his style of playing. That's a whole different thing than making a solo sound better.

Slash gave birth to that solo, people still love that song cause of Slash, not cause of Buckethead.

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #156 on: July 21, 2005, 02:27:35 PM »

Well, I'm sorry but 2-3.000 15-year old internet users and forum members still don't qualify as the mass amount of fans for me.

People who disrespect Slash and his input in GN'R's history simply don't have a clue about GNR.

I accept that Buckethead is a great guitar player but what he did with Nightrain was change the solo and adapt it to his style of playing. That's a whole different thing than making a solo sound better.

Slash gave birth to that solo, people still love that song cause of Slash, not cause of Buckethead.

Maybe Buckethead improved the solo. Maybe he made it worse, its up to each of us to decide! But Without Axl and Izzy there wouldent be any Nightrain song at all, and the solo would never been made! Slash deserves alot of respect and credit, and so does everyone of the Original members. When talking about Brain, Bucket, Tommy, Robin and Finck and Chris. I will also give them alot of respect and credits for even have the guts to change and play the old GNR song in theys own way! And i think they all do a great job! The point isnt that it should sound just like the original!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #157 on: July 21, 2005, 02:38:42 PM »

Well, so what? Bob Dylan made All Along The Watchtower... But Hendrix improved the song so much that even Dylan himself said the song was better on Jimi's version.

Of course Slash wouldn't say something like this, but all I'm saying is that it's possible to improve a song made by other people. You're being too defensive about Slash, but we're not direspecting the guy, we're not saying Bucket improved ALL solos.

Who cares if the majority of 30-years old fans love that song cause of Slash? Maybe they didn't even heard the Bucket's version. It's not fair to say they still love the song cause of Slash like they didn't liked Bucketheads solo.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #158 on: July 21, 2005, 02:47:43 PM »

See, The fans also suffer persecution for liking the new sound or for being young.  Cry

Anyway, once the new movement starts, nothing can stop it. Time will tell.  Just stretch out and wait, my hearties!
Again, I believe Chinese Democratic GN'R and we, the fans will have the best laughs.

Finck on the other hand..... Roll Eyes
is a goodfellow and a great match with the Bucket.
Robin's solos are full of human touches and BHs are kinda superhuman.
Two heads are better than one. smoking
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #159 on: July 21, 2005, 03:37:18 PM »

Saul, since you're more familiar than most of us with the Buck, do you think he would consider coming back (if asked...which probably will never happen  Tongue )?
I know I'm not called, nor have I got the answer but I reply for Saul anyway.

First, have a look at the following article.

Loder: When do you think we will actually see this album? Is it possible to say early next year?

Rose: We're hoping. Yes, definitely, everything seems to be going well.
Robin's departure was abrupt, sudden, you know, not expected...
... but at the same time, it's turned out to be a good thing. We've been able to push some of the guitar parts a step farther, that had he been here, it's not something that would have been considered, and I wouldn't have been rude enough to attempt to do that. Robin did a great job, but we've been able to up the ante a little bit.

This is from A conversation with Kurt Loder MTV US November 8th 1999

Sounds familiar, nay?  Grin
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: