Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 03:48:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228014 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New Brain Interview.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Brain Interview.  (Read 34093 times)
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #160 on: July 21, 2005, 09:52:53 PM »

Saul, since you're more familiar than most of us with the Buck, do you think he would consider coming back (if asked...which probably will never happen  Tongue )?
I know I'm not called, nor have I got the answer but I reply for Saul anyway.

First, have a look at the following article.

Loder: When do you think we will actually see this album? Is it possible to say early next year?

Rose: We're hoping. Yes, definitely, everything seems to be going well.
Robin's departure was abrupt, sudden, you know, not expected...
... but at the same time, it's turned out to be a good thing. We've been able to push some of the guitar parts a step farther, that had he been here, it's not something that would have been considered, and I wouldn't have been rude enough to attempt to do that. Robin did a great job, but we've been able to up the ante a little bit.

This is from A conversation with Kurt Loder MTV US November 8th 1999

Sounds familiar, nay?  Grin

deva vu eh?!

we can hope the guy can be asked to come back and hopefully he accepts. It would be nice.

To be honest , I'm hoping that REALLY soon we dont have to talk about how the new band plays the "old" songs , hopefully the next tour will close the chapter on the greatest cover band of all time and allow us to concentrate our thoughts on how the new members play their own songs!

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #161 on: July 21, 2005, 10:15:36 PM »

Saul, good point. I've been saying that same thing for along time. For 'new' GNR to be taken seriously, they need to perform about 80% new songs on tour. I would say 100%, but some people just have to hear Jungle, Sweet Child,etc. Back in the late 80's/mid 90's, John Fogerty would only play his solo stuff, no CCR. GNR should do the same. It would be a completely new era for the band, and if they pulled it off, Axl would once again be taken seriously, and it would throw a possible reunion down the toilet. But touring playing songs from one album would be difficult. It would be the exact same songs every night, no changeups. GNR might need a 2 CD release(like Illusions) to pull it off.

Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #162 on: July 21, 2005, 10:36:30 PM »

well , Jungle , SCOM , Paradise City and Novemember Rain are staples. I think those will always be part of a "gnr" setlist. Other then those though , new songs are a must!

Would be a pretty bold move though if axl (pardon the pun) ax'ed the "staples" too and just did ALL new songs.  Shocked

It would show a sure sign of confidence in the new material to say the least.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #163 on: July 21, 2005, 10:45:44 PM »

I think its a great idea. I would be first in line to buy tickets that's for sure. I'm sick of Jungle,Sweet Child,etc. Its been done millions of times, and cant be done any better than it was 87-91. I say start from scratch!  But some people might boo if he leaves out some hits. Axl could take a page from Queensryche's book: Open with Jungle, play a few more hits, play CD in its entirety, then close the show with a few more hits.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #164 on: July 22, 2005, 03:25:14 AM »

Well, I'm sure he will play more new songs on the next tour. They didn't play more new songs before just because there was no album in the sight. Of course I'm assuming the new record would be out before they starts the new tour.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #165 on: July 23, 2005, 02:01:00 PM »

Betcha.
I personally love to see the new chapter filled purely with hellva new songs off Chinese Democracy. Or else these mixed only with a few old songs picked for each show. Axl is the ballsiest guy Tommy has ever met.

BH's spokes puppet said his departure was due to no CD release aye?
So there's hope that Chinese Democracy may bring BH in the line. 

Hey thanks  Smiley I didn't know that Robin did quit and then came back.

Maybe he didn't. Shocked
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #166 on: July 24, 2005, 08:52:42 PM »

BH's spokes puppet said his departure was due to no CD release aye?
So there's hope that Chinese Democracy may bring BH in the line. 

actually , it was Bucket's manager who made a brief statement on Bucket's behalf.  peace

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1485811/20040317/guns_n_roses.jhtml?headlines=true

After fours years as a member of Guns N' Roses, during which time the band canceled more shows than it played and released no original material, guitarist Buckethead has had enough.

The eccentric musician, who wears a fried-chicken bucket on

his noggin and talks only through a hand puppet, has walked out before but has always returned to the fold. This time, however, it looks permanent. At the end of last year, Buckethead became fed up with Guns' inability to complete an album or tour and stopped working with them, his manager said.

Buckethead appeared on the green carpet at the Grammy Awards last month and was introduced by Parliament/Funkadelic bassist Bootsy Collins as a member of Guns N' Roses, but by that time Buckethead had already told Guns frontman Axl Rose he no longer wanted to be in the band, the manager said.

Guns N' Roses are scheduled to headline the Rock in Rio festival in Lisbon, Portugal, on May 30. It is unclear whether the band will have a new guitarist by then. Guns N' Roses' label would not comment on Buckethead's departure.

And it seems Bucket kinda quit once before too , although axl didnt even know about it , but kinda confirmed as much in his press release.

And heres a link to a story from the "1st" time Bucket "quit"

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/article.asp?ID=4486&type=NWS

31 Jul 2001  According to reports on Brazilian MTV, Guns N' Roses have parted company with guitarist Buckethead.

The six stringer, famed for wearing a KFC bucket on his head, caused GN'R's to 'postpone' their world tour earlier this year because he was suffering from a bout of "internal haemorrhaging". It later transpired that the cancellation had something more to do with the fact that the band's long awaited new studio album, 'Chinese Democracy', has not actually been finished!

Will the band make it to these shores for their sold out December dates? Your guess is as good as mine!

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #167 on: July 25, 2005, 12:02:13 AM »

MTV Brasil don't have a clue about the band. They're still saying about the November 29th fake release date. I guess they  just said something they saw on the internet by that time. Don't use them as a good source. Sad

Dust N Rose
« Reply #168 on: July 26, 2005, 07:53:25 AM »

Saul, since you're more familiar than most of us with the Buck, do you think he would consider coming back (if asked...which probably will never happen? Tongue )?
I know I'm not called, nor have I got the answer but I reply for Saul anyway.

First, have a look at the following article.

Loder: When do you think we will actually see this album? Is it possible to say early next year?

Rose: We're hoping. Yes, definitely, everything seems to be going well.
Robin's departure was abrupt, sudden, you know, not expected...
... but at the same time, it's turned out to be a good thing. We've been able to push some of the guitar parts a step farther, that had he been here, it's not something that would have been considered, and I wouldn't have been rude enough to attempt to do that. Robin did a great job, but we've been able to up the ante a little bit.

This is from A conversation with Kurt Loder MTV US November 8th 1999

Sounds familiar, nay?? Grin

Pphebe there's a difference between the two statements. Axl was more upset with Buckethead's departure, certainly more than Robin's one. You can see that he was annoyed from the fact that Buckethead wasn't reliable. He didn't gave any sign of life for a long time. He was allowed to do his own solo as well. But yet...
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #169 on: July 26, 2005, 01:54:27 PM »

OMG, what a load of crap. Those who think that without Slash Guns N' Roses would have been bigger than Poison..those guys are insane. You have your crazy theories that he didn't have too much musical input. ooops, that was Axl. Even Izzy said in an interview that he always wrote Ju Ju Hounds and Izzy Stradlin' Band type songs but then came Slash and rewrote them. Imagine YCBM in a Ju Ju Hounds version. Weak. But let's say that Slash didn't write anything but the solos. Without those solos GN'R would have been only a 'could have been' and not one of the biggest bands of all time.

Before some fanatics attack me: without Axl it'd have been mediocre, too. These two guys were the biggest. Together. But Guns N' Roses needed the original five guys and their chemistry to explode. When Steven and Izzy left some chemistry was still around and kept the band alive for the tour. And then it died. And noone can resurrect it.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #170 on: July 26, 2005, 03:12:02 PM »

Well said Mikka. Shut up "Axl people".  Enough said! rant
We're talking about the band. The band of 8 men, no actually 7 men.

Pphebe there's a difference between the two statements. Axl was more upset with Buckethead's departure, certainly more than Robin's one. You can see that he was annoyed from the fact that Buckethead wasn't reliable. He didn't gave any sign of life for a long time. He was allowed to do his own solo as well. But yet...
hebe? rofl

Yeah. cos the situations quite differ.
Mate, read the cancellation letter again. Maybe You'll have another deja vu.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: