Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 09:38:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Bootlegs, trade, share, rarity ....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bootlegs, trade, share, rarity ....  (Read 2415 times)
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« on: August 14, 2005, 11:49:28 AM »

With that story about that VMA's rehearsal dvd and that guy and what ever ... and me trying to work on my paper...
i was reading something about "rarity" and keynes / hayek views on economy.

well basically, "rarity" -  what makes people rich, and other people poor - might be fake.
we've all been taught that "this is expensive, because it's rare"
" im gonna give up this GNR dvd only if y'all give me something very exclusive because what i have is rare"
' diamond is expensive and cool because it's rare"

well basically, our economy, is faking this rarity. it's all built up.

the example of GNR shows traded and sold is good.
some people just want to trade stuff because they're afraid that it will be sold quiclky and therefore they will lose the "power" they had, the "possibility of holding something valuable"
but they are playing the games of sellers and ebay whores.
if you keep something long enough away from the fans. it builds the value of being rare. and therefore people might consider paying for it. when they shouldnt
if you share and release everything you have, then it loses the value of being rare, and sellers wont be able to sell it because it would be shared everywhere for free. it's the same for you in the end.

im not even gonna go into the whole story of "sharing is good , sharing is nice". (cause i really find it dumb that people would keep gnr shows for themselves and just watch them alone, not being able to talk about it with people and friends ...)

the concept of "rare" being fake is valid in alot of economical system (especially in the "immaterial" field - gnr shows are a perfect example)

then what about Marx view on value=work
all these people , that have gnr shows, think that their GNR recording has a big value because they went through the trouble of finding it, they did the digitalisation, they are holding it .... well this concept has been dead for years.
see i put a lot of work in, let say, a video i do (for example Rocket Queen)
then someone download it for free. and then send it to someone .
FREE. these two people see my video as a FREE thing. and it's normal.

big effort DOES NOT EQUAL big value.

:bored:

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2005, 12:04:08 PM »

I guess it's all about "Hey look at me and what bootlegs I've got that you'll never get".....

I guess it makes some people feel good to have something that not many others have. 

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2005, 12:09:39 PM »

I guess it's all about "Hey look at me and what bootlegs I've got that you'll never get".....

I guess it makes some people feel good to have something that not many others have. 

/jarmo

well that's wierd Smiley

even the more powerful people online i knew online, who were hackers, made a BIG issue of releasing what they got.
you think razor 1911 gets doom 3 and play alone in their room ? no they release it.

(the only thing that is kept pretty much secret is phreaking, but that's for obvious reasons)

Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2005, 01:00:07 PM »

The guy who has the MTV Rehearsal footage is only holding it back because he want to try and trade with those few people who allegedly have the Las Vegas 2001 show on DVD. I dont believe he isnt releasing so he can sit about getting huge ego boost knowing that he has something everyone else has. There are however other people who do do this. They apparantly have material that no one has ever seen and refuse to release it so that the whole community can benifit. Hopefully the VMA rehearsal footage and everything else the guy has to offer will be tempting enough to force some of those people into making a valuable trade....... ie the entire Vegas 2001 show.

Jonx
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2005, 01:09:28 PM »

well
i dont wanna say too much, but if the vegas 2001 is not released it's really not because of some fans or anything. money is involved in the vegas 01 dvd.
the people who have the dvd won't trade it that's for sure, because they're not traders ....

and there might be some official people that dont want it out ....

yomomma
Rebel without a clue
Banned
Headliner

The One

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2005, 01:12:24 PM »

the real question here is who will send first?

Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2005, 01:14:43 PM »

Yeah that crossed my mind aswell, we are talking about a DVD that was meant to be an official release. But still, it would be nice to know that it was out there, maybe just one or two screenshots.

I dont know, im just going to wait and see, as with most things its just a waiting game, one more thing we have to sit out.... it will come out eventually.

Jonx
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2005, 02:29:21 PM »

the real question here is who will send first?

Good question indeed. You have to do that with someone you can really trust, and with the internet today I don't think anyone can really be trusted. A trade in person comes to mind...lol

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: