Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 01:32:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Merck says CD is done... (from Ross Halfin's site)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Merck says CD is done... (from Ross Halfin's site)  (Read 24098 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2005, 07:03:23 PM »

Sounds like Merck is digging a deeper hole. Why would other people be saying its not done, and merck tells this guy its done? Is the GNR camp trying to confuse us?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2005, 07:06:17 PM »

Let's say the album is actually done. That doesn't mean it has to be released in 2005....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2005, 07:17:02 PM »

Jarmo, that is definitely a positive way of looking at it. I guess its possible. But why would Merck tell this guy its finished but not tell anyone else? If the album is done, and gets released next year, that lets Merck off the hook with his 2005 being the year comment. Damn, doesn't it seem like these guys are politicians sometimes? Cheesy

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2005, 07:21:50 PM »

Damn, doesn't it seem like these guys are politicians sometimes? Cheesy

Yes it does..

Though I find Merck's general "company line" stance to be less than forthcoming, I realize his job is to protect the interest of his company and client foremost..
« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 09:00:40 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2005, 07:26:05 PM »

aaaah ! a GOOD news !!

thx merck and thx ross to share the information !
now we're sure the music is done.
i suppose artworks and other little things are in their way too...
just four rock titles ? well, so the LP will maybe sounds more like estranged, november rain,
madagascar & the blues ? with orchestral things, strange guitar solos, long screams with electronical ambiances...
hmmm sounds good to me...Axl wanted to build his Wall maybe...can't wait to hear it.

november !!! Wink

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2005, 07:39:15 PM »

well this guy, Ross Halfin, is a reputable source and he's an "insider" like someone said before.

It was mentioned in an obscure blog, very offhand - whats he kgot to gain by bullshitting? My guess is that we may see CD this year, but a tour wont start till next year, hence Richard booking more dates - does the band need to be present when CD is released?

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2005, 07:46:08 PM »

i don't see how merck could be lying, i mean axl would drop his ass in a sec if he said something like that and it wasn't true no?..

interesting...

i would be nice to finally hear this epic record... Cheesy

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2005, 07:55:26 PM »

Jimmy, the band does have to be present for the release, or at least a couple weeks before the release. GNR will need to do SNL, The Tonight Show,etc. If people dont believe the rumours about it not coming out, they should just look at the fact that Richard is going off to tour in November. Or maybe Axl doesn't plan on promoting it. This isn't the year. A huge favor was done by telling everyone that. Now everyone can stop their champagne wishes and caviar dreams for 2005. But like I said earlier, maybe this new info coming out is just disinformation. As usual, only time will tell.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2005, 07:57:11 PM »

This one's got a source or two, Ross' web site and Merck.

Unlike all those e-mails that can't be traced to a source....

/jarmo

I can tell you that those emails people got from Richard are real..... Also didnt a few weeks ago Ross slam Axl saying he was a useless ol bugger (or something along those lines)?
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2005, 07:59:58 PM »

Only 4 rockers! ?crying

This is my biggest fear about CD is that Axl has spent so much time on it that it is way too "challenging". ?This is aweful news if it is true. ?I would prefer he take another year and fill the album with rockers without orchestration than release some experiemental album. ?Why doesn't he realize he needs to do what he does best and kick ass?

I hope I havne't waited 11 years for an album of boring orchestrated self-indulged nonesense like November Rain. Angry
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2005, 08:01:36 PM »

Well it still means little really- until we here a date. ?

Some of you Like myself, will remember Moby saying the albums worth of stuff he worked on with GN'R was ready and sounding fantastic - should have been released back then. ?

Suppose it's good ?to have any bit of news we can get though eh? lol

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2005, 08:02:54 PM »

Only 4 rockers! ?crying

I hope I havne't waited 11 years for an album of boring orchestrated self-indulged nonesense like November Rain. Angry

Blasphemy!! lol

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2005, 08:08:52 PM »

I Just hope someday we get a box set of the song that were scrapped for this huge project. Also is what Ross said is  true, it gives us another tid bit that CD will just be a single album.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2005, 08:12:28 PM »

We've all pretty much known that CD would likely be ballad heavy. I'm not shocked by the 4 rockers statememnt. I dont care what ratio of ballads/rockers that there is. All I want is Axl's best. If his best is 4 rockers and 5 or 6 epic ballads, then I will be pleased.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2005, 08:14:00 PM »

He said 4 appetite style rockers. There could be civil war type rockers or COMA type rockers. Those dont sound like appetite....
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2005, 08:15:39 PM »

a good rumour! I dont se why this shouldent be true!
Remember that if CD will be released before Christmas, it doesent mean that the tour should be at the same time! I guess a Winter/Spring tour then could be a good time to kick of the tour

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2005, 08:16:29 PM »

He said 4 appetite style rockers. There could be civil war type rockers or COMA type rockers. Those dont sound like appetite....

Good point, was just about to wright it.  ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
RichardNixon
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2005, 08:17:58 PM »

Let's say the album is actually done. That doesn't mean it has to be released in 2005....

/jarmo

Yeah, Poison's "Crack A Smile" was finished in 1994 and didn't come out until 2000. hihi
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2005, 08:27:08 PM »

I Just hope someday we get a box set of the song that were scrapped for this huge project. Also is what Ross said is? true, it gives us another tid bit that CD will just be a single album.

Yeah definatly,  Moby himself has said that stuff was hot, should have just been released there and then . My personal feeling is maybe that stuff was too avant-garde, too electronic and either the Record company or Axl had second thoughts?   

So add on the material written since then and there must be loads of tracks we are not likely to hear. Unless like you suggest, and i'm guessing they are going to want to make the most out of 'Chinese  Democracy' as a project. So either we'll get as Axl has suggested 3 albums out fairly quickly after each other.  Or a box set and a shorter album for CD? Let's hope we get some action at least.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2005, 08:36:18 PM »

A thread of great news. Oh how glorious.

Please, we need a release date, even if it is next year.

To not get one, means the Slash and Duff suit is pushing this back.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: