Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 05:52:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash, Duff Sue Axl Over Guns N' Roses Publishing Royalties
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash, Duff Sue Axl Over Guns N' Roses Publishing Royalties  (Read 84131 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #240 on: August 28, 2005, 11:04:54 AM »

Some of the clients Mr. Weitzman has represented include John DeLorean, Marlon Brando, Magic Johnson, Michael Jackson, O.J. Simpson, Courtney Love, Arnold Schwarzenegger, MGM, ICM and Westfield Development Co"
Not exactly the list of clientele you'd want to see Axl's name associated with.? Undecided

But if he gets Axl cleared, I guess that's all what matters.? So like Eva said...

Give em hell Howard!? Grin

Why is that? Jacko and OJ were guilty as hell but got off. So even if Axl is guilty with this guy he has a good chance at getting out of it with a small loss or none at all.

That's what I said, isn't it?? confused? ?Well maybe I didn't say it too good but that's what I meant.? yes

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #241 on: August 28, 2005, 11:51:30 AM »

Some of the clients Mr. Weitzman has represented include John DeLorean, Marlon Brando, Magic Johnson, Michael Jackson, O.J. Simpson, Courtney Love, Arnold Schwarzenegger, MGM, ICM and Westfield Development Co"
Not exactly the list of clientele you'd want to see Axl's name associated with.  Undecided

But if he gets Axl cleared, I guess that's all what matters.  So like Eva said...

Give em hell Howard!  Grin

Why is that? Jacko and OJ were guilty as hell but got off. So even if Axl is guilty with this guy he has a good chance at getting out of it with a small loss or none at all.

No! I'm with Gypsy. That wouldn't be so good. People might get the wrong impression that Axl was another rich basterd passing himself off as innocent. Fortunately it's not the case. See Eva's quote

Weitzman, for instance, was the first person O.J. Simpson called after the 1994 murders of the football star's ex-wife Nicole Simpson and her friend Ron Goldman.

(Regarding OJ case, in an appearance on MSNBC's Abrahams Report in March of this year, Weitzman was asked "How you did you end up passing off the O.J. Simpson case?"
Weitzman:  "Well, I wouldn?t say I exactly passed it off.  I just passed on it for personal reasons.  I was with O.J., as you know, for the first 24 hours.  And it just wasn?t a case that I wanted to be involved in for a host of reasons."
Abrams:  "Thought he was guilty?"
Weitzman:  "Well, I clearly have an opinion and I think the jury probably arrived at the wrong verdict.")[/i]

Although Mr. Weitzman was called by Simpson, he didn't take on the case because he was doubtful of this clients innocence. He sounds like a lawyer of justice. This lawyer is unlikely to defend an evil. Axl is not guilty.  ok
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #242 on: August 29, 2005, 12:23:51 AM »

The whole this is/isnt gnr thing is getting old. Even if Axl wanted to called it by another name the label would NOT let him do it. They know the name guns n roses will sell atleast a million copies without even  trying in the USA. They need to make that 15m back. World wide they will do much better with guns n roses attached to this project where as if it was just called Axl Roses  band.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #243 on: August 29, 2005, 02:02:01 AM »

Still cant understand the ContraBand Bashing, Ive been listening to that cd for over 14 months straight now and it still hasnt got old.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #244 on: August 29, 2005, 06:53:03 AM »

The lawsuit news have made music headlines on yahoo france...they'll will soon be followed by MCM tv and radios, they read yahoo...

Such a pity...

Nothing to say
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #245 on: August 29, 2005, 07:24:21 AM »

it's been mentioned in at least the two biggest papers in norway too. it's obvious that they only care about the sn'd vs. axl fight tho... no

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #246 on: August 29, 2005, 01:01:53 PM »

W.Axl Rose Responds to Frivolous Copyright Suit by Former Guns N' Roses Members

LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug. 29, 2005--In response to a "frivolous" lawsuit filed against Guns N' Roses leader W.Axl Rose by two former band members claiming Mr. Rose attempted to change the copyright status and the royalty stream earned by the disgruntled pair when they worked with the band Mr. Rose's attorney, Howard Weitzman stated: "This is a classic case of premature accusation. If someone had taken the time to investigate or ask about this situation before rushing to judgment they would have learned that ASCAP (the entity that collects money for songwriters) made a clerical error and failed to appropriately divide and distribute the royalty's owed for the first quarter of 2005 to Axl and the former Guns N' Roses musicians. The amount ASCAP mistakenly sent to Axl's publisher was never received by Axl nor was he ever made aware of the error. The publisher alerted ASCAP to the error, returned the money immediately and asked ASCAP to remedy the situation by distributing the funds appropriately."

Weitzman further comments: "Rather than pick up the telephone and contact Axl or his representatives, his former partners scurried to file a lawsuit that contained false statements about Axl rather then making an effort to learn the truth regarding ASCAP's mistake. Slash and Duff have an unfortunate pattern over the past few years of filing sensational but baseless lawsuits for the purpose of generating anti-Axl propaganda. It is clear that Slash and Duff are looking for another opportunity to spread untruths about Axl in an effort to hurt his reputation and to alienate his fans while at the same time creating a profile for themselves.

"Contrary to allegations in the lawsuit, Axl has never denied that others made substantial contributions towards the success of Guns N' Roses, but there is little doubt as to who was the creative catalyst behind the group's success."

http://home.businesswire.com/

Thanks to Brent

/jarmo
« Last Edit: August 29, 2005, 01:04:33 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #247 on: August 29, 2005, 01:09:40 PM »

this is just Crazy! But it seems like they can get an agreement here... i doubt it have any delayin on CD

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #248 on: August 29, 2005, 01:18:20 PM »

Weitzman further comments: "Rather than pick up the telephone and contact Axl or his representatives, his former partners scurried to file a lawsuit that contained false statements about Axl rather then making an effort to learn the truth regarding ASCAP's mistake. Slash and Duff have an unfortunate pattern over the past few years of filing sensational but baseless lawsuits for the purpose of generating anti-Axl propaganda. It is clear that Slash and Duff are looking for another opportunity to spread untruths about Axl in an effort to hurt his reputation and to alienate his fans while at the same time creating a profile for themselves.

"his FORMER partners"?? All these lawsuits are so confusing!!!? confused? Doesn't this statement by Axl's lawyer now give credence to that other lawsuit?

I'm sooooooooooooo confused!!!? ?crying

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Axl4Pres
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #249 on: August 29, 2005, 01:25:15 PM »

This is exactly what i had said in another post neither slash or duff thought to contact axl or any of his represntatives to find out what was going on they just assume he is trying to steal money from them.  I love slash and duff but im slowly starting to question there integrity when it comes to Axl n the GnR name.
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #250 on: August 29, 2005, 01:36:38 PM »

how could slash n' duff be so fucking stupid and do this without making the calls? my god, as if axl would try to fuck them over without getting cought?!?!...

BTW: Hey Jarmo, where's my notification e-mails, haven't gotten any in a days... is it me or you? Grin

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #251 on: August 29, 2005, 01:40:06 PM »

LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug. 29, 2005--In response to a "frivolous" lawsuit filed against Guns N' Roses leader W.Axl Rose by two former band members claiming Mr. Rose attempted to change the copyright status and the royalty stream earned by the disgruntled pair when they worked with the band Mr. Rose's attorney, Howard Weitzman stated: "This is a classic case of premature accusation. If someone had taken the time to investigate or ask about this situation before rushing to judgment they would have learned that ASCAP (the entity that collects money for songwriters) made a clerical error and failed to appropriately divide and distribute the royalty's owed for the first quarter of 2005 to Axl and the former Guns N' Roses musicians. The amount ASCAP mistakenly sent to Axl's publisher was never received by Axl nor was he ever made aware of the error. The publisher alerted ASCAP to the error, returned the money immediately and asked ASCAP to remedy the situation by distributing the funds appropriately."

"Contrary to allegations in the lawsuit, Axl has never denied that others made substantial contributions towards the success of Guns N' Roses, but there is little doubt as to who was the creative catalyst behind the group's success."

Thanks to Brent

/jarmo

Oops; i had said on velvet R site, they didn't know, they shouldnt have gone into this so fast....

Pity pity pity..

But thank god, i couldn't imagine axl do this, not in the name of god.

Nothing to say
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #252 on: August 29, 2005, 01:40:19 PM »

"his FORMER partners"?  All these lawsuits are so confusing!!!  confused  Doesn't this statement by Axl's lawyer now give credence to that other lawsuit?

I'm sooooooooooooo confused!!!   crying

I'm assuming he means "his former partners in music". Sort of an ex-colleague thing, but I might be wrong on that.

Hopefully this situation will be resolved pretty quickly and there will only be one lawsuit left  Grin

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #253 on: August 29, 2005, 01:51:22 PM »

If Axls attorney is right, then hopefully the lawsuit will be resolved quickly.

Slash and Duff have an unfortunate pattern over the past few years of filing sensational but baseless lawsuits for the purpose of generating anti-Axl propaganda.

What lawsuits are these?  To my knowledge theres one other lawsuit, and it seems to have at least some credibility.  Of course hes an attorney, so of course its his job to ignore Axls own questionable moves, like attempting re-record and license old recordings.

there is little doubt as to who was the creative catalyst behind the group's success.

Really?   Roll Eyes

I think attorneys on both sides should keep these kind of opinions to themselves...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #254 on: August 29, 2005, 01:51:52 PM »

its sad it really is

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #255 on: August 29, 2005, 03:37:53 PM »

Thanks to Brent

/jarmo

Not Axl, for sure. I hate his egomaniac comments.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #256 on: August 29, 2005, 03:52:22 PM »

I don't buy this whole thing about Slash and Duff 'alienating his fans'. With no album, no website, no news, no statements, no gigs, no band photos, no communication (direct or indirect) Axl et al are doing a fairly good job of alienating their fans without Slash or Duff.

Here today...ready to rock
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #257 on: August 29, 2005, 04:24:23 PM »

I have to agree. Sure , they all made wonderful music together. But obviously Axl had a greater vision for the band then that of playing seedy clubs forever and re-recording/releasing AFD every couple years under different titles. It was afterall Axl who wrote and fought for songs like Estranged and November Rain. It was Axl who pushed for huge videos , massive stage sets etc etc .... it was axl who got onstage every night and througout the fans wondered just what they were in store for that very night. Going to see axl rose wasnt just going to see a singer sing. You were going to see this larger then life person who on any given night could be any given thing to any given person.

The band was important and GREAT .. but Axl was head and shoulders more valuable to Guns N Roses then any of them.

And with that ,

Chinese Democracy starts sometime.  ok

W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #258 on: August 29, 2005, 04:25:28 PM »

I think the lawyers last sentence should really say," but there is little doubt as to who was the creative catalyst behind the group's DEMISE!" ?peace

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #259 on: August 29, 2005, 04:27:41 PM »

I think the lawyers last sentence should really say," but there is little doubt as to who was the creative catalyst behind the group's DEMISE!"  peace

Paul Tobias?  Huh

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: