Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 09:50:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  For the people wondering about the quality of the songs on CD
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: For the people wondering about the quality of the songs on CD  (Read 24667 times)
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #120 on: September 10, 2005, 03:00:40 PM »

Maybe we should all agree to disagree with anyone who disagrees with Buddha.

Did it again last night. Just tripping you know? Atmosphere perfect, and everything was smooth and in check. Mind wide open. Danced to the shit jack, and I did it while I went up in through the minds eye tunnel. There has been no song in the last 15 + years to do that.

This fact isn't even debatable. The fact is if you disagree with me, you just aren't experienced. That is a personal flaw but you can change.

...and when you get there, you will see, that IRS owns everything that has been released in a decade and a half.

...and I will forgive you

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
GNRisSLASH
Banned
Rocker

Ch. Democracy will be out when China's a Democracy

« Reply #121 on: September 10, 2005, 03:03:58 PM »

Did it again last night. Just tripping you know? Atmosphere perfect, and everything was smooth and in check. Mind wide open. Danced to the shit jack, and I did it while I went up in through the minds eye tunnel. There has been no song in the last 15 + years to do that.

This fact isn't even debatable. The fact is if you disagree with me, you just aren't experienced. That is a personal flaw but you can change.

...and when you get there, you will see, that IRS owns everything that has been released in a decade and a half.

Uh, right. Whatever you say. Remember, it's "Puff Puff Give", not "Puff Puff Puff".

"It'll be out by 2009"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #122 on: September 10, 2005, 03:17:24 PM »

What a pointless post.....

If you don't have anything to add tot he discussion, don't even bother posting.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #123 on: September 10, 2005, 04:07:31 PM »

No One Knows
You Think I Ain't Worth A Dollar, But I Feel Like A Millionaire
Hanging  Tree
A Song For the Deaf

These 4 songs from QOTSA's "Songs For The Deaf" destroy IRS, especially the 1st 2 songs. I think No One Knows is the best hard rock song of the last 5 years.

Oh yea, "Fuel" from load(or is it reload?) owns,OWNS that is, IRS. The Jets used that song for 3 years when they entered the playing field at the Meadowlands, it always got the crowd really fucking pumped up.

GNRisSLASH
Banned
Rocker

Ch. Democracy will be out when China's a Democracy

« Reply #124 on: September 10, 2005, 07:26:30 PM »

No One Knows
You Think I Ain't Worth A Dollar, But I Feel Like A Millionaire
Hanging  Tree
A Song For the Deaf

These 4 songs from QOTSA's "Songs For The Deaf" destroy IRS, especially the 1st 2 songs. I think No One Knows is the best hard rock song of the last 5 years.

Oh yea, "Fuel" from load(or is it reload?) owns,OWNS that is, IRS. The Jets used that song for 3 years when they entered the playing field at the Meadowlands, it always got the crowd really fucking pumped up.

Agreed.  Songs for the Deaf rocks! 

"It'll be out by 2009"
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #125 on: September 10, 2005, 08:47:43 PM »

Heh, Buddah I like you bro, I really do. But, to say it isn't debatable? That's your opinion. And I have mine.

Maybe studio I.R.S. will change my mind, but for now I still don't think it's the best song in 15 + years. And its ok that you didn't accept my apology... I cried a bit Cry .. bu-u-ut... im ok. Heh.

-jack

gnrevolution.com
yagami1gnr
Headliner

Sultans of swing

« Reply #126 on: September 10, 2005, 09:06:14 PM »

IRS is a graet demo, may not be the greatest rocker of last 15 years but it has lots of potential. And to the guy who said that on 2004 there were great rockers, I think you just jump to the wagon of the hype. Nowadays there's these albums that are always promoted like with the group with its new cd which contains ....bah blah tracks..... I mean it's like they have a radio hit and that's all. And if you keep insisting that that cd that was released on 2004 has great rockers, I remember when I bought the darknes'c cd it has a sticker which said: "The best rock album on the last 20 years", even I had read a review like that and remember they're experts on music so they know. Of course I tink that to be utterly crap. And to close it If ignorance is bliss, Then knock the smile out of my face  peace
BD888
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #127 on: September 10, 2005, 09:29:17 PM »

Jesus this is nuts, 15 years?  Smashing Pumpkins released Siamese Dream in 1991 and every song on that album is better than IRS.  RHCPs released Blood Sugar Sex Magic  in 1991 too.  Rage Against the Machine was released by RATM in 1992, and please don't tell me there aren't any rockers on that album!  And that's just a few albums in the first couple of years in your 15 yeras span.  I am going to have to go listen to IRS right now!
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #128 on: September 10, 2005, 09:43:06 PM »

IRS rocks, but it wouldn't even be the best rocker on the Illusions.  YCBM and Back off Bitch are better.

Change it to the best rocker of the 00's, and you have a bangwagon.

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #129 on: September 10, 2005, 09:48:15 PM »

IRS rocks, but it wouldn't even be the best rocker on the Illusions.? YCBM and Back off Bitch are better.

Change it to the best rocker of the 00's, and you have a bangwagon.

That was my major point. I think its better than any rocker on UYI but putting IRS against most modern rock songs of today, IRS is by far better.  Am I the only person that thinks that IRS had a great hook and is very catchy.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #130 on: September 10, 2005, 11:41:58 PM »

dave-gnfnr2k your posts always crack me up rofl, Whenever you give your opinion about something you make it sound like it's a fact that's just fucking ridiculous man! Undecided

Read my disclaimer on my sig. You really should learn to read.? It was for booker but it can be for simpletons like you too.

Here we go again Roll Eyes, when someone criticizes you somehow you always feel the need to bash them, and you say I'm a simpleton pff

That is funny? I was replying to poor attempt at wit.? Its not really hard to undestand that when ever anyone talks about a song its always an OPINION so why done people always claim others are stating it as a fact? If it was fact, it would either? be quoted with? a source or I would have said its a FACT that....

Is that really too hard to understand? I even put a disclaimer in my sig and people still claim I am saying my opinion on songs as a fact. If some one is going to crititze me for something that is wrong I am going to call them on it. And I hardly see how calling someone a simpleton is attacking them. Maybe if certain people would actually know what they are talking about they could do that, but its obvious this person has no clue what he/she is talking about since like I said I even have a disclaimer in my sig.

Ok Dave, enough already with your "sig." And by the way, the correct? spelling is "sentence," not sentance. We all get drunk/stoned/fucked up now and then, or always, but nonetheless spelling is a reflection of who you are and your level of intelligence. So while? your poor grammar and spelling may be dismissed in your posts--owing to the heat of the moment? undoubtedly--the? fact is that you should take the time and care to at least? make sure the words in your signature are spelled correctly.

Oh, and by the way, you never responded to my post that there is NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER about your claim that CD will be a 'greatest hits'. Just thought I would remind? you. Perhaps inconvenient to you?

The fact of the matter is, logically speaking, we? have 5-6 new songs, half of which are good and half are horrible. On that basis, it would be presumptuous to anyone, even the great Dave, to predict? that CD will be a greatest hits. I am sure that the album? will be above average, but I agree with the previous posts that Axl alone as a songwriter has yet to prove himself, whereas Axl with? Izzy, Duff, and Slash the combo was absolutely brilliant.

KK typical you picking up on a spelling error since you have no leg to stand on. Great work Colombo: ok:
I would not have to keep pointing toward my sig if certain people would just read it and stop claiming when ever I talk about what song I think its better is stated as a fact when in fact it's s not.? As for spelling, its a message board its not school so who cares about grammar or a few spelling mistakes. People just pick on spelling or grammar when they have no leg to stand on they have to go to that.

I already answered your question in another post but of coarse you always miss the important things and just read what you want. So typical. I really get tired of repeating myself for people like you and then others wonder why I call people like you simpletons. That is also why I ignore you repeated questions for things I already answered.

Just look in my original post, and while you are at it look up the word COULD. Thank you. I did know that I needed evidence when I used the word COULD BE. Go figure.

Ps I fixed my sig just for you
 love
Now my life will be complete if? you will please? consult a dictionary in order? to discern the difference? between the word "course" and "coarse." FYI: it is "of course," not "of coarse." You are from America, you should know better. Wow, how? old are you and did you graduate from grade school? Or do you even go to school?

Further, when posing a question, one? does not need "a leg to stand? on," as I posed to you. You, on the other hand, by positing a hypothesis, do in fact need evidence. Of which you have none.
Dave, have a really nice day, as you ponder? these vexing issues in life.? peace

Once again KK you just keep proving my point by knocking someone?s spelling or grammar instead of sticking to the topic at hand.? Also this topic is all about speculation and talking about what the album could be like, its too bad once again your failure at being amusing or trying to be witty you missed the point of the topic. It?s really sad in your little rant you could not even say one thing about the topic at hand. But thank you Mr. Grammar police, I guess I get a few demerits for my grammatical/spelling error. How great do you feel that you caught it? That is some life you have there, looking for a spelling or grammar error and calling someone on it instead or replying to what I actually said about this topic at hand.

Sorry, homie, not only do you not know how to spell, apparently you can't read either. I challenged  you directly by saying you have no  evidence whatsoever for you original claim. That was exactly on topic. Got it? confused
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #131 on: September 11, 2005, 01:15:19 AM »

Apology accepted Vas. You are alright homie.

providman...your picks are at least inspiring.

Dave dude "Am I the only person that thinks that IRS had a great hook and is very catchy."

Why ask questions you already know the answers to? IRS is the type of song that bitch slaps those critics who will ask the question "Was this really worth the 10 year wait?" IRS's pimp hand is strong. Chuch nephew.

sheet...I think its time to get down with the p funk.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #132 on: September 11, 2005, 02:54:13 PM »

Bm, the first thing I thought about after hearing IRS was what you siad earlier in this thread....

that Axl SWAGGER.  You can hear it and more importantly FEEL it.
"theres not anymore that I can do" line and the way he sings it gives me chills.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #133 on: September 11, 2005, 03:06:07 PM »

well  i`m the next person agreeing with you buddha( perhaps i did allready earlier in this topic)

when i first heard the demo  it wasn`t the "complete" version and i thought it lacked the concept of a whole song and was just a bunch of good ideas thrown together, but when i heard the 3:35 min version i was really impressed, whereas the beginning is still missing and the quality REALLY SUCKS.

recapitulatory i can say it took me a bit to get into the song, but now i LOVE it and a studio version will kick REALLY ASS. axl`s voice alone would make it the best rock songs of the past 15 years!! peace

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #134 on: September 11, 2005, 04:38:40 PM »

Can anyone email me the 3:35 version? My version is a bunch shorter..

jacktopia@aol.com

Thanks.

- Jack

gnrevolution.com
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #135 on: September 11, 2005, 06:13:09 PM »

Rather host the 3:35 version, so we all can have it.  Wink

Fuck 'Em All.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #136 on: September 11, 2005, 06:17:01 PM »

3:35 version? The one I have is 3:41

The opening is cut and the quality sucks...

Oh, I made this for those that pm'ed me and asked for it. If this is what some of you would like, be my guest. If there is a better one out there, well... (hook a brother up).

http://s22.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2HJJAI9EPG5MU0LYW3LFRYGMK3
« Last Edit: September 11, 2005, 06:20:24 PM by Buddha_Master » Logged

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #137 on: September 11, 2005, 07:22:48 PM »

The IRS-haters make no sense to me.  We are listening to 3 1/2 minutes of a poor quality demo.  This song kicks ass.  CD's gonna open your eyes...Buddha's right.  ok

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #138 on: September 11, 2005, 08:49:15 PM »

It's ok to host and post the IRS demo nowadays?  Huh

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #139 on: September 12, 2005, 12:02:53 AM »

You ratting on me homie? Damn that is some shit. Real f'n classy.

If its a problem I'll remove it. Don't wanna be thrown in the heretodaygonetohell jail. Axl cops are probably some scary mother fuckers.

"t's ok to host and post the IRS demo nowadays?"

Fucking funny shit.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: