Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 03:03:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  For the people wondering about the quality of the songs on CD
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: For the people wondering about the quality of the songs on CD  (Read 25101 times)
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #100 on: September 07, 2005, 01:03:34 AM »

and then others wonder why I call people like you simpletons.

Theres no wondering why youre called unwittingly ironic.? Grin

But really, insults arent necessary.? ok
« Last Edit: September 07, 2005, 01:06:53 AM by Booker Floyd » Logged
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #101 on: September 07, 2005, 10:30:45 AM »

I can kick any other dad that's in here's ass.  smoking

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #102 on: September 09, 2005, 10:08:31 PM »

dave-gnfnr2k your posts always crack me up rofl, Whenever you give your opinion about something you make it sound like it's a fact that's just fucking ridiculous man! Undecided

Read my disclaimer on my sig. You really should learn to read.? It was for booker but it can be for simpletons like you too.

Here we go again Roll Eyes, when someone criticizes you somehow you always feel the need to bash them, and you say I'm a simpleton pff

That is funny? I was replying to poor attempt at wit.? Its not really hard to undestand that when ever anyone talks about a song its always an OPINION so why done people always claim others are stating it as a fact? If it was fact, it would either? be quoted with? a source or I would have said its a FACT that....

Is that really too hard to understand? I even put a disclaimer in my sig and people still claim I am saying my opinion on songs as a fact. If some one is going to crititze me for something that is wrong I am going to call them on it. And I hardly see how calling someone a simpleton is attacking them. Maybe if certain people would actually know what they are talking about they could do that, but its obvious this person has no clue what he/she is talking about since like I said I even have a disclaimer in my sig.

Ok Dave, enough already with your "sig." And by the way, the correct? spelling is "sentence," not sentance. We all get drunk/stoned/fucked up now and then, or always, but nonetheless spelling is a reflection of who you are and your level of intelligence. So while? your poor grammar and spelling may be dismissed in your posts--owing to the heat of the moment? undoubtedly--the? fact is that you should take the time and care to at least? make sure the words in your signature are spelled correctly.

Oh, and by the way, you never responded to my post that there is NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER about your claim that CD will be a 'greatest hits'. Just thought I would remind? you. Perhaps inconvenient to you?

The fact of the matter is, logically speaking, we? have 5-6 new songs, half of which are good and half are horrible. On that basis, it would be presumptuous to anyone, even the great Dave, to predict? that CD will be a greatest hits. I am sure that the album? will be above average, but I agree with the previous posts that Axl alone as a songwriter has yet to prove himself, whereas Axl with? Izzy, Duff, and Slash the combo was absolutely brilliant.

KK typical you picking up on a spelling error since you have no leg to stand on. Great work Colombo: ok:
I would not have to keep pointing toward my sig if certain people would just read it and stop claiming when ever I talk about what song I think its better is stated as a fact when in fact it's s not.? As for spelling, its a message board its not school so who cares about grammar or a few spelling mistakes. People just pick on spelling or grammar when they have no leg to stand on they have to go to that.

I already answered your question in another post but of coarse you always miss the important things and just read what you want. So typical. I really get tired of repeating myself for people like you and then others wonder why I call people like you simpletons. That is also why I ignore you repeated questions for things I already answered.

Just look in my original post, and while you are at it look up the word COULD. Thank you. I did know that I needed evidence when I used the word COULD BE. Go figure.

Ps I fixed my sig just for you
 love

Thank you Dave, now I am able to sleep. I love  you too. rofl
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #103 on: September 09, 2005, 10:15:57 PM »

dave-gnfnr2k your posts always crack me up rofl, Whenever you give your opinion about something you make it sound like it's a fact that's just fucking ridiculous man! Undecided

Read my disclaimer on my sig. You really should learn to read.? It was for booker but it can be for simpletons like you too.

Here we go again Roll Eyes, when someone criticizes you somehow you always feel the need to bash them, and you say I'm a simpleton pff

That is funny? I was replying to poor attempt at wit.? Its not really hard to undestand that when ever anyone talks about a song its always an OPINION so why done people always claim others are stating it as a fact? If it was fact, it would either? be quoted with? a source or I would have said its a FACT that....

Is that really too hard to understand? I even put a disclaimer in my sig and people still claim I am saying my opinion on songs as a fact. If some one is going to crititze me for something that is wrong I am going to call them on it. And I hardly see how calling someone a simpleton is attacking them. Maybe if certain people would actually know what they are talking about they could do that, but its obvious this person has no clue what he/she is talking about since like I said I even have a disclaimer in my sig.

Ok Dave, enough already with your "sig." And by the way, the correct? spelling is "sentence," not sentance. We all get drunk/stoned/fucked up now and then, or always, but nonetheless spelling is a reflection of who you are and your level of intelligence. So while? your poor grammar and spelling may be dismissed in your posts--owing to the heat of the moment? undoubtedly--the? fact is that you should take the time and care to at least? make sure the words in your signature are spelled correctly.

Oh, and by the way, you never responded to my post that there is NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER about your claim that CD will be a 'greatest hits'. Just thought I would remind? you. Perhaps inconvenient to you?

The fact of the matter is, logically speaking, we? have 5-6 new songs, half of which are good and half are horrible. On that basis, it would be presumptuous to anyone, even the great Dave, to predict? that CD will be a greatest hits. I am sure that the album? will be above average, but I agree with the previous posts that Axl alone as a songwriter has yet to prove himself, whereas Axl with? Izzy, Duff, and Slash the combo was absolutely brilliant.

KK typical you picking up on a spelling error since you have no leg to stand on. Great work Colombo: ok:
I would not have to keep pointing toward my sig if certain people would just read it and stop claiming when ever I talk about what song I think its better is stated as a fact when in fact it's s not.? As for spelling, its a message board its not school so who cares about grammar or a few spelling mistakes. People just pick on spelling or grammar when they have no leg to stand on they have to go to that.

I already answered your question in another post but of coarse you always miss the important things and just read what you want. So typical. I really get tired of repeating myself for people like you and then others wonder why I call people like you simpletons. That is also why I ignore you repeated questions for things I already answered.

Just look in my original post, and while you are at it look up the word COULD. Thank you. I did know that I needed evidence when I used the word COULD BE. Go figure.

love
Now my life will be complete if  you will please  consult a dictionary in order  to discern the difference  between the word "course" and "coarse." FYI: it is "of course," not "of coarse." You are from America, you should know better. Wow, how  old are you and did you graduate from grade school? Or do you even go to school?

Further, when posing a question, one  does not need "a leg to stand  on," as I posed to you. You, on the other hand, by positing a hypothesis, do in fact need evidence. Of which you have none.
Dave, have a really nice day, as you ponder  these vexing issues in life.  peace
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #104 on: September 09, 2005, 10:36:53 PM »

Wow. It kinda seems like your backing off with the "15 years" thing eh people  hihi? What is it now? The best song in 5 years? 3 years? Hmm..? I think its funny that now your trying to ignore the fact that you were wrong and act all tough with your "Ok ok... the 90's dont count anymore, name something NEW cause I KNOW you cant!"

The whole reason people were pissed is cause of the damn ignorance of the original statment. If you said "the best rock song in awhile" no one woulda been pissed, in fact many would have agreed. Don't take focus off the AMAZING 15 YEAR UNCHALLENGED RULE OF THE MIGHTY IRS. You were practically asking for a aurgument...

-jack

gnrevolution.com
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #105 on: September 10, 2005, 12:30:42 AM »

love
Now my life will be complete if? you will please? consult a dictionary in order? to discern the difference? between the word "course" and "coarse." FYI: it is "of course," not "of coarse." You are from America, you should know better. Wow, how? old are you and did you graduate from grade school? Or do you even go to school?

Further, when posing a question, one? does not need "a leg to stand? on," as I posed to you. You, on the other hand, by positing a hypothesis, do in fact need evidence. Of which you have none.
Dave, have a really nice day, as you ponder? these vexing issues in life.? peace

Once again KK you just keep proving my point by knocking someone?s spelling or grammar instead of sticking to the topic at hand.? Also this topic is all about speculation and talking about what the album could be like, its too bad once again your failure at being amusing or trying to be witty you missed the point of the topic. It?s really sad in your little rant you could not even say one thing about the topic at hand. But thank you Mr. Grammar police, I guess I get a few demerits for my grammatical/spelling error. How great do you feel that you caught it? That is some life you have there, looking for a spelling or grammar error and calling someone on it instead or replying to what I actually said about this topic at hand.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2005, 12:36:12 AM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #106 on: September 10, 2005, 01:00:02 AM »

Wow. It kinda seems like your backing off with the "15 years" thing eh people? hihi? What is it now? The best song in 5 years? 3 years? Hmm..? I think its funny that now your trying to ignore the fact that you were wrong and act all tough with your "Ok ok... the 90's dont count anymore, name something NEW cause I KNOW you cant!"

The whole reason people were pissed is cause of the damn ignorance of the original statment. If you said "the best rock song in awhile" no one woulda been pissed, in fact many would have agreed. Don't take focus off the AMAZING 15 YEAR UNCHALLENGED RULE OF THE MIGHTY IRS. You were practically asking for a aurgument...

? ? -jack

I'm not backing off shit homie. IRS is the best Hard Rocker in 15 + years (yea notice the bold on the plus sign). It isn't igorance. Believe it. Ignorance is the belief in things like demons, devils, and angels. Making my claim (though bold), isn't ignorant. Its reality, based on how hard the song kicks ass. Its based on something real and tangible because I can hear it, and the song exists.

So if the song exists and it does indeed kick ass, then how is that ignorant? I bet you so want to give the cliched "opinions are like assholes" right? I am sticking by my statement. Listen. In the end all a man has, is his family and his word. I don't fuck around with that shit, and treat things like that lightly dog.

I never said the 90's don't count. If you want to get technical about it, Dave said that. I made the initial claim that IRS is the best hard rocker in the last 15 years (now adding a plus sign to that). So what now? You just got yourself all mixed up and shit creating this bizarro world history. But you think you are in a position to call someone else ignorant.

I bet you are tripping now. Is this crazy, or is it so sane it is blowing your mind?

So tell me, what track under my rules is a better track then IRS? One day you will find yourself saying "fuck me....Buddha was right...Buddha was right." this will be followed by an uncontrollable urge to break down and cry. You may not come back here and apologize for your ignorance...but I will know. And I will laugh at you, with the hookah hanging out of my mouth while I recite the abc's...believe it.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2005, 01:03:42 AM »

Is this crazy, or is it so sane it is blowing your mind?

Oh Buddha, got to love a good Seinfeld moment.

Well fucking done.  ok

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #108 on: September 10, 2005, 01:04:18 AM »

Wow. It kinda seems like your backing off with the "15 years" thing eh people? hihi? What is it now? The best song in 5 years? 3 years? Hmm..? I think its funny that now your trying to ignore the fact that you were wrong and act all tough with your "Ok ok... the 90's dont count anymore, name something NEW cause I KNOW you cant!"

? ? -jack

I'm not backing off shit homie. IRS is the best Hard Rocker in 15 + years (yea notice the bold on the plus sign). It isn't igorance. Believe it. Ignorance is the belief in things like demons, devils, and angels. Making my claim (though bold), isn't ignorant. Its reality, based on how hard the song kicks ass. Its based on something real and tangible because I can hear it, and the song exists.

So if the song exists and it does indeed kick ass, then how is that ignorant? I bet you so want to give the cliched "opinions are like assholes" right? I am sticking by my statement. Listen. In the end all a man has, is his family and his word. I don't fuck around with that shit, and treat things like that lightly dog.

I never said the 90's don't count. If you want to get technical about it, Dave said that. I made the initial claim that IRS is the best hard rocker in the last 15 years (now adding a plus sign to that). So what now? You just got yourself all mixed up and shit creating this bizarro world history. But you think you are in a position to call someone else ignorant.

I bet you are tripping now. Is this crazy, or is it so sane it is blowing your mind?

So tell me, what track under my rules is a better track then IRS? One day you will find yourself saying "fuck me....Buddha was right...Buddha was right." this will be followed by an uncontrollable urge to break down and cry. You may not come back here and apologize for your ignorance...but I will know. And I will laugh at you, with the hookah hanging out of my mouth while I recite the abc's...believe it.

I just made a point for him to name something more recent since that is what IRS would be going up against not songs that were released back in the 90s

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #109 on: September 10, 2005, 02:49:03 AM »

O man Buddah, you got me. I laughed while reading that. I won't be lame on this forum, I'll admit a fault. Alot of what you said was right, and I was wrong to take your statement and call it ignorant. So while I don't agree with you, I was wrong about diminishing your point of view.

Peace brother love

- Jack

gnrevolution.com
greekmule
Rocker

she's so beatifully broken...

« Reply #110 on: September 10, 2005, 09:22:20 AM »

Hybrid Theory from LP and Load from metallica have at least 5 songs each that are better than IRS.
IRS is still a good demo though

just my 0.02

homo homini lupus...
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #111 on: September 10, 2005, 11:24:18 AM »

Hybrid Theory from LP and Load from metallica have at least 5 songs each that are better than IRS.

just my 0.02

I really hope you kidding with that one. Sure its your opinion but  you really cannot be serious, both of those albums are terrible and dont have one good song on them, let alone a song that even comes close to IRS.

GNRisSLASH
Banned
Rocker

Ch. Democracy will be out when China's a Democracy

« Reply #112 on: September 10, 2005, 12:21:14 PM »

just my 0.02

I really hope you kidding with that one. Sure its your opinion but? you really cannot be serious, both of those albums are terrible and dont have one good song on them, let alone a song that even comes close to IRS.

Boy did I laugh  when reading this thread after I abandoned it after the first few pages. People are claiming IRS is the best hard rock song in the last 15 years? Is that actually serious? It isn't even the best Hard Rock song in the last 12 months.  I didn't even think IRS was that good; pretty generic sounding so far although it is a demo.  I've heard better tracks from The Darkness, VR, Avenged Sevenfold, heck I even liked the new Crue song better.  Of course that can be debated but - the best of the last 15 years! - that's just silly.

"It'll be out by 2009"
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #113 on: September 10, 2005, 12:48:52 PM »

*SQUARE ALERT*

A square has entered the building

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #114 on: September 10, 2005, 12:55:14 PM »

I've heard better tracks from The Darkness, VR, Avenged Sevenfold, heck I even liked the new Crue song better.  Of course that can be debated but
nervous
I don't think that can be debated...Dabate doesn't help your hearing. Ops, your taste....No I mean tastes differ.
I know many people like Avril
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #115 on: September 10, 2005, 01:47:22 PM »

just my 0.02

I don't wanna turn it into another Nu-GN'R vs. VR thing, but I could name some songs from 2004 that IMO are much better than IRS. And a lot from other bands.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #116 on: September 10, 2005, 01:54:17 PM »

Like I said when IRS first appeared online. Its just a demo and its still better than 90% of the stuff on the radio  right now. There are not many songs that are better than it, and even if its not the best, its still up there with the  best and its not even a finished song yet.

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #117 on: September 10, 2005, 01:59:50 PM »

Like I said when IRS first appeared online. Its just a demo and its still better than 90% of the stuff on the radio? right now. There are not many songs that are better than it, and even if its not the best, its still up there with the? best and its not even a finished song yet.

Dave, it's a correct summary of the thread. The song really has potential. ok

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
greekmule
Rocker

she's so beatifully broken...

« Reply #118 on: September 10, 2005, 02:46:41 PM »

just my 0.02

I really hope you kidding with that one. Sure its your opinion but? you really cannot be serious, both of those albums are terrible and dont have one good song on them, let alone a song that even comes close to IRS.

IMO  these 2 albums are masterpieces and if CD is half as good as them it will have surpassed my wildest expectations.
As ppbebe stated tastes differ.
for example  robin's solo in IRS sounds completely  out of tune to me but others have characterized it as spaced out,jazzy,trippy etc.

just my 0.02

homo homini lupus...
GNRisSLASH
Banned
Rocker

Ch. Democracy will be out when China's a Democracy

« Reply #119 on: September 10, 2005, 02:54:27 PM »

*SQUARE ALERT*

A square has entered the building

not quite sure who or what this is in reference to.  Pretty witty, stuff though. Do you wrote your own materia?

"It'll be out by 2009"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: