Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 06:12:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Fascism on the board
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fascism on the board  (Read 33918 times)
MCT
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2005, 11:25:11 AM »

All of these tits are useless anyway, so what's the big deal (aside from an administrative position, that is)?

SLCPUNK
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2005, 05:10:21 PM »

It keeps on going...................

"And can you imagine the improvements that we would see if we forced sterilization of certain groups?  If we sterilized drug addicts, the hopelessly impoverished and all liberals...wouldn't this country improve almost over night?"

Charity Case

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2005, 05:53:40 PM »

But you know, it was a "joke". As usual.

MCT
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2005, 10:58:52 PM »

"And can you imagine the improvements that we would see if we forced sterilization of certain groups?? If we sterilized drug addicts, the hopelessly impoverished and all liberals...wouldn't this country improve almost over night?"

Charity Case

Don't be so foolish by... Roll Eyes
SLCPUNK
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2005, 04:47:03 AM »

But you know, it was a "joke". As usual.

Some "jokes" aren't funny though....

But I digress.....

« Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 01:31:29 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2005, 09:58:29 AM »

"And can you imagine the improvements that we would see if we forced sterilization of certain groups?? If we sterilized drug addicts, the hopelessly impoverished and all liberals...wouldn't this country improve almost over night?"

Charity Case

I read that, and would have posted but the thread was locked.

I'm sorry...that's just going too far.? It's tantamount to the Nazi procedure of forced sterilization of the mentally ill and handicapped.

There is absolutely no call for that kind of bullshit.? You're right about some "jokes" just not being very funny.

For the record...I'm offended.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
MCT
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2005, 12:25:24 PM »

... rofl...

You little antithetical jewels... no

Straight up now:

SLC,

You're a politicized one-man whirlwind, cutting a wide swath through the notions you visit but refusing to deal with what's left in your wake.

Jesus man, if you're going to be playing the role that you currently play here then it's time to start dealing with people on your own instead of running home to mommy.

Granted there are a bunch of 'em and they're a bunch of mostly Grade A cretins. But they will get dealt with in a timely manner if and when the time is right. And to think or display otherwise simply shows a naivete that's unbecoming of the character you espouse.

You're at the fore. Act accordingly.

pilfuck,

I'm offended.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2005, 01:33:39 PM »

... rofl...

Straight up now:

SLC,

You're a politicized one-man whirlwind, cutting a wide swath through the notions you visit but refusing to deal with what's left in your wake.

Jesus man, if you're going to be playing the role that you currently play here then it's time to start dealing with people on your own instead of running home to mommy.

Granted there are a bunch of 'em and they're a bunch of mostly Grade A cretins. But they will get dealt with in a timely manner if and when the time is right. And to think or display otherwise simply shows a naivete that's unbecoming of the character you espouse.

pilfuck,

I'm offended.

I must have missed your memo on this earlier......
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2005, 01:42:14 PM »

... rofl...

Straight up now:

SLC,

pilfuck,

I'm offended.

Normally, I understand about 1/2 what you post.

This time, not even that.....

Color me confused.

For the record, the fact it was Charity Case (a conservative) who said this has not one iota of meaning.  My MOTHER could have said the same damn thing and I'd be offended.

Espousing forced sterilization, even as a joke, is sort of disgusting.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
MCT
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2005, 05:00:39 PM »

This is HTGTH. Hardly a politically correct arena.

You're an established and intelligent member.

Charity Case is one of "them".

At HTGTH "we" point and laugh at "them".

The HTGTH administration will take care of "them" if and when need be.

Still with me?

Now, here are a few things to ponder:

First off if you get offended by such remarks then perhaps you should rethink your participation here, 'cause it ain't the first or last time we're going to get 'em.

Secondly, who in their right mind would actively endorse forced sterilization of particular groups? Especially here! This is a predominantly liberal forum in case you haven't noticed, replete with middle class netizens (neither "we" nor "them") who would vehemently renounce such notions for a myriad of different reasons; not the least of which is the aforementioned tilt toward one particular side of the political axis.

Moreover, by going against the prevailing wind on an Internet forum you stand to stand alone. You know, a good luck establishing a power base kind of thing? So what's the point, eh?

But of course all things are circumstantial and we have here SLCPUNK (an established and intelligent member) being as I put it - a politicized one-man whirlwind. This guy breathes American domestic politics. He even goes so far as to try and score cheap political points at every available opportunity; often alienating some of the conservative folk along the way.

Naturally these folk want to be heard and throw in on a discussion. As a result they are oftentimes condescendingly flouted by Mr. SLC and feel quite powerless at the time as their views were never truly accepted here and hence they have very little sympathy from those around them. Whereas SLC is one of the more prominent members of this site, easily pulling in support from the periphery.

So who wins?

And what happens then? They start banding together and we have what we have here today (no pun intended) - a highly personal ideological war. And it's being fought on both sides. Incidentally though the conservative rat pack happens to made up of mostly "them".

Starting to get the picture?

Comments such as those made by Charity Case are in reality little more than personal digs. Personal digs that are only brought into the all-encompassing light because SLC refuses to deal directly with the monsters he creates. Much more preferable to him appears to be crying foul from the angle of generic morality 101 and appealing to the powers that be for removal of the perpetrator, or, to follow a current line of thought here on the forum, whining incessantly about entire groups of people under the guise of giving the admin and indeed the entire forum a helping hand.

But you see what some people fail to realize is that the administration always has and always will adequately take care of problem users. And the last thing needed is members pushing for removal of those who adhere to a particular ideology, which is fundamentally what this all boils down to.

And you, pilfuck are showing support for this harebrained cause simply by adding your one cent worth of offense into the mix.

You're also highlighting a narrowminded worldview. For I know of no one from my politically CORRECT meandering who would brand Charity's comments as other than an angle to be explored. But of course that's not the case here and I'm not bothering to get abstract on one little pile of shit.

Oh, and you didn't get my antithetical bit? Shame, it's funny. Because you see some people in their right mind actually would push for forced sterilization of particular groups... yes...

...apparently.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 05:10:54 PM by MCT » Logged
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2005, 06:11:45 PM »

well that was certainly an excellent example of phraseology confused

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
SLCPUNK
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2005, 06:54:30 PM »

Comments such as those made by Charity Case are in reality little more than personal digs. Personal digs that are only brought into the all-encompassing light because SLC refuses to deal directly with the monsters he creates. Much more preferable to him appears to be crying foul from the angle of generic morality 101

And you, pilfuck are showing support for this harebrained cause simply by adding your one cent worth of offense into the mix.

I am not sure how you think I refuse to deal with these posters. I do on a daily basis. If I feel something they say is out of hand (see above) I call it out (this thread). I do it more because I don't want it to get buried quickly under more posts and not seen. I think statements like those show the person behind the keyboard and want them to be seen as such. That is a pretty honest statement.

I'm sure you can see it as "running back to Momma", but I disagree. It's not like I point fingers every time one of these people say something along those lines (I'd be pointing fingers all day, now wouldn't I?) This is crossing the line IMO, and I didn't not start this thread now did I? But it is a good place to clip and paste the offending remarks.

Hey, I'm human, I get out of line, I do things I should not. And when I do, I apologize to Jarmo for it. Simple as that. The monsters "I create" I deal with on a daily basis ignoring their absurd accusations (traitor, I hate America etc) as mindless banter. It does not bother me at all, and most days I get a good laugh out of it. But when it crosses the line, then I will call it out as such.

I don't know why you seem to have such a problem with pilferk. Is calling him pilfuck any less of a personal dig?

« Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 06:59:22 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
Chris Misfit
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2005, 07:04:12 PM »

Blah, blah, blah.

Every fucking time I come here, it's the same thing.

You know if Bush never existed, if there was no other races, if we all looked, wore, thinked the same, you guys would still be here blabbering about rubbish.

Y'know, whatever has been said Jarmo is aware of it. Let's not make this another MCT vs SLC vs the republicans vs the world thread #2929292756355256345.

Fuck sake!
MCT
« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2005, 08:00:02 PM »

Q,

I'm just communicating, my man.

J,

I don't have any problem with pilfuck and calling him that isn't a dig.

Your reply I'll buy. But let me just say that you don't come off as a guy who has a good laugh at it all.

Chrissy,

Who the fuck is blabbering about rubbish? Me?

Either way don't go throwing me in with the likes that do blabber about rubbish... ok

And MCT and SLC are on friendly terms now. So that's stoopid too... yes

Now go get a shower... Angry

EDIT - Question for ya there Jason - does the cause exist?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 08:08:41 PM by MCT » Logged
Sterlingdog
« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2005, 09:27:11 PM »

I'm not defending Charity Case, mostly  because I think he meant what he said.  And he's more than capable of defending himself.  But in all fairness, he did make the comment like a joke, he even put a little smiley next to it. 

Was it offensive?  Sure, to some.  But some people are too easily offended, in my opinion.  In the end, this is Jarmo's board and he gets to decide how politically correct he wants it to be.  But political correctness irritates me personally.  Its ridiculous to have to worry about using the wrong words, or never telling a questionable joke, because someone, somewhere, might get offended.  I say laugh if you think its funny.  If its not, ignore it and move on.  Don't take it so personally. 

I don't freak out everytime someone says the term "retard" and a huge part of my life is spent advocating for the developmentally disabled.  Its a word.  Who cares. At best its funny, at worst it shows the ignorance of the person saying it. 
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2005, 12:17:41 AM »

You know if Bush never existed, if there was no other races, if we all looked, wore, thinked the same, you guys would still be here blabbering about rubbish.

Bloody true. It's telling when a thread like 'Asia Earthquake' (in which 33000 died) gets like 10 posts, while the 'Tape...' and 'Anti war...' threads are still going strong.

P.S: Love ur pics, SLC.  Wink
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 12:24:49 AM by Genesis » Logged

Fuck 'Em All.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2005, 01:10:31 PM »

... rofl...

Straight up now:

SLC,

pilfuck,

I'm offended.

U puzzle me no end

When ur house is robbed you report it to the police so the crooks can be (hopefully) arrested - u don't keep silent justifying ur lack of action with:

they will get dealt with in a timely manner if and when the time is right

Perhaps a belief the almighty will take care of things at judgement day? hihi

When the time is right - exactly what time will that be? - and how will u know its arrived? Exactly why do we have to wait and what are we waiting for?

There are two types of problem that don't get fixed - the first is a problem that people have decided not to fix

The second is problems those responsible for fixing don't know about

This incident could well be the second - i think its somewhat unfair to expect jarmo to see all thats posted (hell, i doubt he wastes time reading thru those godawful poltical threads anyway). Giving the powers at be a heads up is surely the right thing to do?

Ur philosophy appears to be to keep quiet about problems rather curiously believing silence solved anything....silence didn't remove ''Holy War''.

Why have a go at people who are simply trying to help?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 01:12:45 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
MCT
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2005, 03:39:08 PM »

Izzy, all you're good for is propagating the needless drama that the established members should strive to avoid.

Go to fuck. And take your dead end analogies with ya.

EDIT - I've said this before and I'll say it again - go right ahead and give Jarmo and co. a helping hand. Do your bit for Admin and Forum! But do it privately. There's absolutely NO point in creating or supporting a public fuss.

And if you're one of the few who are at the fore on this forum then there's no reason why you can't deal with certain situations on your own; keeping in mind your place among the written and unwritten rules, that is...

Now, think of this edit as an amendment to my previously stated ideas. I think it's easier that way.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 03:51:35 PM by MCT » Logged
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2005, 12:52:28 AM »

How long before this thread is locked?? Please.
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2005, 03:25:25 AM »

U puzzle me no end

When ur house is robbed you report it to the police so the crooks can be (hopefully) arrested - u don't keep silent justifying ur lack of action with:

You don't think we're aware of "your houses being robbed"??

When the time is right - exactly what time will that be? - and how will u know its arrived? Exactly why do we have to wait and what are we waiting for?

Ur philosophy appears to be to keep quiet about problems rather curiously believing silence solved anything....silence didn't remove ''Holy War''.

The time's right when /J says it's right. Not sooner, not later. His board. It works both ways. What are we waiting for? When people go out of line, I usually don't tell him to wait for banning, I usually give them a warning via a PM. Then I monitor his posting for a while, and if he/she changes his/her attitude, I won't even talk to Jarmo about it.. If he/she continues to violate the board rules, I turn to him. With these type of topics, people will go over the line in a heated debate, they will test the limits. But the truth be told I'm more irritated by people with over 2000 posts doing it than the ones who just came to the boards. Both should obey the rules, but the ones who've been here should know better...

You really think Holy War would've been allowed to continue if you hadn't said anything?

It's nice that people report posts that are out of line, and it's nice to get some help since we might not have the time _every_ day to read every post. But what I hate is when people start demanding that somebody or a group of people has to be banned. That call really isn't theirs to make.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: