Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 04:15:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Question about the album
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Question about the album  (Read 6204 times)
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« on: October 27, 2005, 01:09:00 PM »

This may be in the wrong section but I really wanted to ask a question to all you fellow gunners! With all these recent rumours and also all this talk in the last day or so about a supposed greatest hits 2 coming out which I believe is a cover for something much bigger!

People have been discussing on here for months and months maybe years about how long it needs to be between the announcement and the actual release of the album.  Everyone has different opinions on this, but most people seem to think they would need quite a decent period of promotion to allow the album to gauge the desired interest. But my question is: Seeing as Chinese Democracy has become the biggest mystery in the music business worldwide today. Does it need that long at all for promotion? Maybe a month or so? I just wander that if the release date is announced then all hell will break loose and the whole machine will start to move very quickly! I imagine that they will promote this so fucking heavily that it may only need a very short time to create the desired buzz! The return of Axl Rose! Thats enough promotion really!

Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 01:11:55 PM »

The minute a real release date is announced by the company or axl it will spread like wildfire throughout the music industry.

Promoting this album will be easy as pie. Alot easier then recording it it seems.

a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 01:13:06 PM »

The minute a real release date is announced by the company or axl it will spread like wildfire throughout the music industry.

Promoting this album will be easy as pie. Alot easier then recording it it seems.

Exactly my thoughts, glad you agree!!

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 01:15:55 PM »

I agree! I think the album will do just as good if it were announced two weeks before the release! Which music news-organ with respect for themselves wouldn't make it their headlining newsstory? ?ok

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 01:56:01 PM »

The promotion has sort of already started.
a fashion show for 2006 spring and autumn dedicated to Axl,
Virgin tycoon and famous people?s public stunts dressing up as Axl,
The ellegirl poll, hihi

Additionally, One impressive promo video would have dramatic results.
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2005, 02:04:36 PM »

The promotion has sort of already started.
a fashion show for 2006 spring and autumn dedicated to Axl,
Virgin tycoon and famous people?s public stunts dressing up as Axl,
The ellegirl poll, hihi

Additionally, One impressive promo video would have dramatic results.

Very true! Good post ppbebe!! Its all looking good!!

jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2005, 02:36:02 PM »

The albums been promoted for the last 10 years w/ all the rumors imnvolved.....all's thats needed is a release date
Evolution
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2005, 02:39:56 PM »

Wildfire is fucking right. I can see MTV bullitens right now!
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2005, 03:33:22 PM »

This may be in the wrong section but I really wanted to ask a question to all you fellow gunners! With all these recent rumours and also all this talk in the last day or so about a supposed greatest hits 2 coming out which I believe is a cover for something much bigger!

People have been discussing on here for months and months maybe years about how long it needs to be between the announcement and the actual release of the album.? Everyone has different opinions on this, but most people seem to think they would need quite a decent period of promotion to allow the album to gauge the desired interest. But my question is: Seeing as Chinese Democracy has become the biggest mystery in the music business worldwide today. Does it need that long at all for promotion? Maybe a month or so? I just wander that if the release date is announced then all hell will break loose and the whole machine will start to move very quickly! I imagine that they will promote this so fucking heavily that it may only need a very short time to create the desired buzz! The return of Axl Rose! Thats enough promotion really!

Good post mate!
Im sure there will be some kind of promotion, thorugh media and things like that! But the Chinese Democracy is mystery, is (like u said) a extreme good promotion itself. This album is gonna be a huge thing when it first get a release date. Not that i actually care how good that they are doing. I hope they sell well for the bandmembers reason. And good album often sell vell Tongue I would be fun if GNR would wright themself into music history once again! Cheesy Cheesy And im sure they will! Whati care most about, is to listen to a great new GNR album, and injoy it with new elements of ROCK N ROLL!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2005, 03:36:51 PM »

This is alittle off topic, but is there any chance the new album would not have the guns n roses name attached to it?  Id much rather prefer it be called GNR Chinese Democracy, but with the upcoming court date, could there be any preventitive measures from slash, duff not to allow axl to use the GNR name?

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2005, 03:43:38 PM »

When CD is announced, it will be breaking news on CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, MTV, VH1,etc. Axl/Interscope/Sanctuary will get tons of free publicity. Everyone will be talking about it. It will be like the day after the VMA's but magnified a million times. I dont think Axl has to do very much work to get the news out. Maybe at least an interview on TV or something. IF it is coming in March, they should buy some commercial time for the SuperBowl. Might as well tell a billion people at once that its coming out. This album doesn't need months to promote. He could have released it a week after the VMA's and it would have been very successful.

Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2005, 04:01:21 PM »

Let me guess - promoting Chinese Democracy starts now!

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2005, 04:08:23 PM »

When CD is announced, it will be breaking news on CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, MTV, VH1,etc.

It'll get plenty of attention for sure but I don't think any of the above will be interupting regularly
scheduled programming with an announcement. 

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2005, 04:10:54 PM »

i stated my opinion in the greatest hits volume 2 thread allready, but since......

i think there`s not much promorion needed and the album will basically promote itself.

by the way this is chinese democracy and there`s not something like a formula to describe how it will happen. ?i guess we`ll see (hopefully).

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2005, 04:12:34 PM »

Falcon, I dont remember what country you're in, but here in the U.S. the news channels use breaking news and Fox News alerts on very minor stories. Trust me, CD release will be breaking news! beer

DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2005, 04:13:06 PM »

When CD is announced, it will be breaking news on CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, MTV, VH1,etc.

Uh - no.

"This just in - thousands dead because of an earthquake, but first let's take you live to Maibu where a washed-up rock star is setting the 900th release date for his forthcoming album"
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2005, 04:25:31 PM »

There has been breaking news stories on Britney Spears pregnancy, Lindsey Lohan's mindset, Paris Hilton's lovelife, etc. A new GNR album will definitely be a breaking news story, or do you think britney's protruding belly or Lindsey Lohan's brain are more important than Chinese Democracy? hihi

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2005, 04:28:42 PM »

Falcon, I dont remember what country you're in, but here in the U.S. the news channels use breaking news and Fox News alerts on very minor stories. Trust me, CD release will be breaking news! beer

I'm in the US as well James and there's absolutely no way a release date of CD will prompt anything like "This just in, here's Greta Van Susteren from the steps of Sanctuary Records with news
on the impending release of GNR's long awaited Chinese Democracy". ?Or anything remotely close to that for that matter.

No how, no way.

It'll get mentions during the entertainment/showbiz segments of multiple outlets/networks but "breaking" status during ?news segments?

That's just goofy.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
misterbrownstone
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2005, 04:33:33 PM »

Uh - no.

"This just in - thousands dead because of an earthquake, but first let's take you live to Maibu where a washed-up rock star is setting the 900th release date for his forthcoming album"

sounds like the good ol' USA new broadcasting to me  ok
Tim
Opening Act

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2005, 05:10:31 PM »

I have a couple lil theories about what this new greatest hits album night be, as I'm sure everyone else does as well.  The first of which is how it coincidentally seems to be close to the dates of this whole trial between axl and the rest of gnr and the rights to the songs.  Maybe this could be tentatively slated for a release as a way for the old members to gain some more money off the GNR name before axl takes his new creation worldwide.  Another posssiblility I was thinking that I haven't heard too many people mention would be this new greatest hits to be old songs recorded by the new band.  Everyone has heard of how they re-recorded Appetite and it sounded amazing, and the origional article on musictap.com said that this next greatest hits is all songs chosen strictly by axl.  I dunno just a thought.  I'm hoping just like everyone else that this is just a disguise for CD, but as always we will just have to wait and see.  "soon" will be the word sooner or later, right?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: