Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 10:39:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227937 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Josh Freese Interview - from barely legal radio
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Josh Freese Interview - from barely legal radio  (Read 7765 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« on: October 31, 2005, 02:32:41 PM »

Just saw that on TheNewGuns.com:

You can listen to an interview from a CA radio station with ex-gnr drummer Josh Freese
http://barelylegalradio.com/ProgramAudioArchive.html

It's the August 05, 2005 interview.

Around the 17 minute mark he talks about GNR a bit, he jokes that he never even met Axl in the 2 years, he also says truthfully that Axl always treated him well.

ps: if you can't listen to the mp3, you can download it here:

http://www.barelylegalradio.com/media/barelylegalradio08052005.mp3

Source: TheNewGuns.com
« Last Edit: October 31, 2005, 02:48:40 PM by Voodoochild » Logged

-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 07:54:23 PM »

Does it mention the new record or anything?

gnrevolution.com
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 08:38:28 PM »

Josh is a nice guy, and a great drummer! Love his work in A Perfect Circle!  ok

He was just making a bit fun about never seeing Axl during the recording for Chinese Democracy..  hihi Yes, only joking about it !!  rofl

Anyway, seems like he and Axl got over pretty well. Thats all they mentioned  ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 07:02:04 AM »

He was just making a bit fun about never seeing Axl during the recording for Chinese Democracy..? hihi Yes, only joking about it !!? rofl

Others said the same 'joke'.  Undecided

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 07:16:49 AM »

Serpico, that was a troubling comment by Josh. Whether he says it in a joking matter or not is irrelevant. It shouldn't have been said. Period. What would be the point of joking about something like that? Its things like this that calls into question the legitimacy of Chinese Democracy.

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005, 07:32:05 AM »

Serpico, that was a troubling comment by Josh. Whether he says it in a joking matter or not is irrelevant. It shouldn't have been said. Period. What would be the point of joking about something like that? Its things like this that calls into question the legitimacy of Chinese Democracy.

I wasn't in te studio but reading comments from some guys who were it seems like Uncle Axl doesn't like to be around when the players record.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
badapple81
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2005, 07:46:22 AM »

Only you could turn it into such an issue and question the legitimacy of Chinese Democracy  confused

He is probably poking fun at rumours, a bit like Dizzy poking fun in that video interview about not knowing if he's in the band  Cheesy

Brian May.. Moby.. all talk about working with Axl in the studio.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2005, 07:54:38 AM »

I wasn't trying to turn it into anything. It was just an observation. During all these years of waiting, occasionally something is said that makes you wonder if its really legit. Please, let's not get into another Brian May-Moby debate.

badapple81
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2005, 07:58:35 AM »

I was just pointing out that both these artists have obviously worked alongside Axl in the studio, simple.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2005, 12:19:21 PM »

Thanks Voodoochild.
I'm listening now. Thanks god this link has no problem with me. (still i can't watch the plastered dizzy Undecided)

Only you could turn it into such an issue and question the legitimacy of Chinese Democracy  confused

He is probably poking fun at rumours, a bit like Dizzy poking fun in that video interview about not knowing if he's in the band  Cheesy

Amen on both fronts. yes yes
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2005, 05:48:55 PM »

Please, let's not get into another Brian May-Moby debate.
WHy? Because it will illegitamize your illegitimate CD claim?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2005, 05:55:27 PM »

No, because it starts a pointless argument that neither side can prove. Both artists worked with Axl during the same time frame, and each artists claims about Axl's work contradict themselves. Brian May says there was a ton of vocals done, while Moby says there were none. We've had this argument before, and I dont see a reason to do it again. But if you want to have a Brian May-Moby debate/argument with someone else, go right ahead. ok

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2005, 06:00:42 PM »

I think he said he didn't see axl in a joking way because that's what people say ... OR some people (like me) believe that in joke there is a hint of truth..
badapple81
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2005, 06:02:56 PM »

The argument isn't whether or whether not vocals were/are done, but the fact that these guys worked alongside Axl in the studio, as you believe there is a truth in the joke that he never worked/saw Axl in the studio.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2005, 07:24:16 PM »

No, because it starts a pointless argument that neither side can prove. Both artists worked with Axl during the same time frame, and each artists claims about Axl's work contradict themselves. Brian May says there was a ton of vocals done, while Moby says there were none. We've had this argument before, and I dont see a reason to do it again. But if you want to have a Brian May-Moby debate/argument with someone else, go right ahead.

there is no argument to have...when Moby was there there werent any vocals done or he just didnt hear thema nd when Brian Mya was there he heard vocals.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
conny
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2005, 08:20:42 PM »

I hate those "just had a clown for breakfast" comments. Mantia is very good at that, too.

The more I hear from those guys, the more I miss Steven Adler.

Freese and Mantia = two good reasons to get a drum computer!  ok
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2005, 09:02:36 PM »

No, because it starts a pointless argument that neither side can prove. Both artists worked with Axl during the same time frame, and each artists claims about Axl's work contradict themselves. Brian May says there was a ton of vocals done, while Moby says there were none. We've had this argument before, and I dont see a reason to do it again. But if you want to have a Brian May-Moby debate/argument with someone else, go right ahead. ok
no you are wrong.. moby started/tried to work in 96-97
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=8
thi is first news about moby workin with gnr camo and is from march 97
and brian may in recorded parts in 99 after fink went to NIN
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=154
this the first news about  brian may workin with gnr

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2005, 09:03:11 PM »

Moby was there in about 97, Brian May was there in 99. Thats a big difference  ok
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2005, 09:04:29 PM »

Moby was there in about 97, Brian May was there in 99. Thats a big difference? ok
yeah buddy!
those are 2 years were axl recorded some vocals Wink

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2005, 07:33:10 AM »

I hate those "just had a clown for breakfast" comments. Mantia is very good at that, too.

The more I hear from those guys, the more I miss Steven Adler.

Freese and Mantia = two good reasons to get a drum computer!? ok

You don't want a drummer, you want a publicist.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: