Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 12:58:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228003 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Fan talks with Dizzy
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fan talks with Dizzy  (Read 8927 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« on: November 03, 2005, 02:54:20 PM »

The user hbkdx1125 posted this at mygnr.com:

Alright guys. Last night was the big night and I must say that I had a great time. I got to the radio station and Dizzy is just sitting there in the studio playing his guitar with the DJ and a guy from his band named Scott. He introduced himself to me after I got into the studio. So the people in the studio were Dizzy, Scott, the DJ, me, my guest, a mother and her son, some other DJ's that came in and out of the studio, 2 Hooter's girls, their bodyguard, and the camera guy. Dizzy did a few segments on the radio. He even played two songs on the radio. He and Scott did Ziggy Stardust and Used to Love Her. I never realized that Dizzy could sing. He sounded just like David Bowie on Ziggy Stardust. He had the DJ print out lyrics to Used to Love Her because he said he didn't know the words. During the breaks he and Scott would do little parts of other songs like Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Paradise City, Fight for Your Right to Party by Beastie Boys, an OutKast song(the one about the whole world), and some Rainbow song I had never heard of.

The DJ asked him questions about his band and he said it was all covers b/c it was just for fun. When asked about when Chinese Democracy would be released he said the usual "Soon." He said as far as he knows it is still called Chinese Democracy. When asked to name all the current band members he could not confirm any of them he just said the ones from the 2002 tour. Some chick called in and said it was bullshit that Axl started a new band without the original members (including Dizzy) and Dizzy told her that he was actually in the new band. I know she felt like a dumbass. Dizzy went on to say that the new band is great and it is the best band he has ever been in including the old GN'R.Another girl called in saying that she was touching herself while talking to him. He was asked wether Izzy or Gilby was better for the band. He said that Gilby is the better guitar player but Izzy was an original member so Izzy was more important. He also said he still plays gigs with Gilby all the time.

I got to ask him about the Greatest Hits 2 CD. His response was something like "Yeah I heard that was coming out too. People all over the country have been telling me about it. Honestly I don't know if it is real but if it is you and everyone else should buy it." The DJ brought up all the GN'R riots and mentioned that he was actually apart of the St. Louis Riot. Dizzy didn't want to talk about it. He said it brought back painful memories. He also stuck up for Axl a lot. Someone asked why the 2002 tour was cancelled. He asked if it was because Axl stopped showing up or whatever and Dizzy said it was definitely not Axl's fault but he got blamed for it like usual. He said Axl is currently hard at work with the CD. Another girl called in and said she was at the 2002 MSG show and Dizzy said that is his favorite show he has ever done. After the radio stuff I got a picture(or quite a few pictures actually) with Dizzy.

I noticed that Scott (the guitarist) was exchanging number's with one of the Hooter's girls(Those rock stars. it comes so easy to them). The camera guy gave me his card and told me to e-mail him and he would e-mail me all the pics of Dizzy, Scott, and me and Dizzy together. All together I had an excellent time. Dizzy was really cool and down to earth. Oh yeah I didn't get any autographs people. I am so sorry. I didn't even get any for myself. I didn't really feel like I need one. I will post the pictures on the site as soon as I get them. If youhave anymore questions then ask b/c I didn't post everything b/c there was just too much to type.

Source: mygnrforum.com

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 03:18:05 PM »

When asked about when Chinese Democracy would be released he said the usual "Soon." He said as far as he knows it is still called Chinese Democracy. When asked to name all the current band members he could not confirm any of them he just said the ones from the 2002 tour.

That's encouraging news. Undecided

Why do people still take his word as gospel? It's obvious he knows little more than we do.

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 03:23:01 PM »

This is an old news.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2005, 03:28:37 PM »

yawns.. Yeah same old same old..
slitherz
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2005, 03:38:19 PM »

I'm starting to hate the word 'soon'  hihi
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2005, 03:44:57 PM »

same? There are many things new to me. for instance,

Shocked I got to ask him about the Greatest Hits 2 CD. His response was something like "Yeah I heard that was coming out too. People all over the country have been telling me about it. Honestly I don't know if it is real but if it is you and everyone else should buy it."

Shocked When asked to name all the current band members he could not confirm any of them he just said the ones from the 2002 tour.

love BH?

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2005, 03:55:12 PM »

great news Shocked

dizzy should shut up imo

it`s cool if you say you`re hoping it`s going to be released soon, but don`t say "soon" if you have no clue.

i`d apologize if he`s actually in the know, but is not allowed to say anything, but this interview is proof enough that he`s definitely not.

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
badapple81
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2005, 04:02:55 PM »

great news Shocked

dizzy should shut up imo

it`s cool if you say you`re hoping it`s going to be released soon, but don`t say "soon" if you have no clue.

i`d apologize if he`s actually in the know, but is not allowed to say anything, but this interview is proof enough that he`s definitely not.

Yeah, I'm sure the fans that go to his show would appreciate that..

What's he to do when he is happy to put up with all the question by mingling with the fans, I think it's great that he makes himself so accessible. He can hardly ignore the questions. I think he is doing his best under the circumstances.

Those answers sound kinda short though, sounds like he wasn't really in the mood for talking about it again (when they asked him to name the band etc).
conny
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2005, 04:19:48 PM »

I think it's great that he makes himself so accessible. He can hardly ignore the questions. I think he is doing his best under the circumstances.

Me too, I appreciate at least SOME members of the band not going for that overdone mystique thing and behave like human beings to their fans. That automated "soon" response is not very original anymore though...

Those answers sound kinda short though, sounds like he wasn't really in the mood for talking about it again (when they asked him to name the band etc).

I think everyone in the band, especially the ones who do other projects, are sick of being asked the same GN'R questions over and over again.

But then again, they should rather be shocked when people DON'T ask about GN'R anymore.
Mateoson
Rocker

Free Axl!

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2005, 04:29:49 PM »

Well like many people I was kind of getting excited about all of these rumors. But then I read this thread. This is total bullshit. How the fuck can you be in a band and not even know that a greatest hits CD is coming out?

Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2005, 04:31:41 PM »

If the new GnR is even still technically an "active" band, I'd love for nothing else than for them to regroup in a few weeks, rehearse for a live show on New Years eve (Vegas, preferrably) and let the world know that they are still alive and ready to release the CD in the spring.

The most troubling thing to me is that you can't even get a confirmation on who is definitely still in the band, and it appears that all the members haven't been in the same room rehearsing since the 2002 tour ended.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2005, 04:38:33 PM »

. and it appears that all the members haven't been in the same room rehearsing since the 2002 tour ended.

That definately seems to be the case....

In all reality, it appears the band members no little more than we fans do.

I'm seeing Buckethead next week, maybe Herbie can update us on his puppetmaster's former band.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2005, 04:58:30 PM »

. and it appears that all the members haven't been in the same room rehearsing since the 2002 tour ended.

That definately seems to be the case....

In all reality, it appears the band members no little more than we fans do.

I'm seeing Buckethead next week, maybe Herbie can update us on his puppetmaster's former band.

Its been obvious for years now though that Axl is the only one in the group with the authority to pull the trigger sort of speak and get the fucking album out there. Im sure the members talk to Axl frequently, but after that he is left to his own devices to tinker with the album. Its obvious this project isnt on anyone but Axl's schedule and if he needs more music laid down, his band is hopefully only a call away.

Speaking of Buckethead, Ive been wondering for awhile now what he makes of the lack of progress since his departure from the band? Does he feel guilty towards the band that he took an agonizingly long recording process and probably made it 10 times longer, or he still thinking to himself: "Thank God I jumped ship while I still could."

Any information Herbie shares with you Falcon would be most appreciated around this neck of the woods...

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2005, 05:18:00 PM »

It sounds like dizzy doesn't know anything. He thinks its still called chinese democracy??WTF how does he not know this.

And have these guys even all been in the same room since new york 2002.... When are they planning on rehearsing? He doesn't even know if there is GH2....

Give me a break next time someone talks to any member of this so called band ask them when the last time they actually talked with axl.

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2005, 05:27:45 PM »

same? There are many things new to me. for instance,

Shocked I got to ask him about the Greatest Hits 2 CD. His response was something like "Yeah I heard that was coming out too. People all over the country have been telling me about it. Honestly I don't know if it is real but if it is you and everyone else should buy it."

Shocked When asked to name all the current band members he could not confirm any of them he just said the ones from the 2002 tour.

love BH?

I never know when he is serious though... It is the same as 2002 just minus BH.... If bh was still in axl's group the news would be out.. BH is pretty open about his projects
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2005, 05:33:47 PM »

... or he still thinking to himself: "Thank God I jumped ship while I still could."

Who knows, maybe mixed emotions. ?I remember Dave Navarro's comment on Camp Freddy Radio last year about how he was very intrigued by the offer to join GNR only to realize soon therafter it "was the best decsion he's ever made as a professional musician" not to accept.

I wonder how BH feels about his time with the band was a good experience or a waist of "precious time"??

Any information Herbie shares with you Falcon would be most appreciated around this neck of the woods...

Ya never know, I did get a "hello" from Herbie the last time I saw BH...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2005, 05:34:03 PM »

I got to ask him about the Greatest Hits 2 CD. His response was something like "Yeah I heard that was coming out too. People all over the country have been telling me about it. Honestly I don't know if it is real but if it is you and everyone else should buy it."

Dizzy doesn't know anything about this Greatest Hits 2 product, that is if it's actually ligit first off. But tells a fan that "we" should buy if it is released. What if the album is pure crap? Does he want the fans to purchase something he himself has no knowledge of?!!

That seems kinda shameless, doesn't it? Undecided

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2005, 05:39:00 PM »

touching herself well if that don't beat all lol.
thats a good one'
well we all hope to hear this chinese democracy someday.only hoping all this waiting gets over,and more waiting for chinese democracy 2 lol. crying

the one an only horsey !
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2005, 05:49:07 PM »

... or he still thinking to himself: "Thank God I jumped ship while I still could."

Who knows, maybe mixed emotions.  I remember Dave Navarro's comment on Camp Freddy Radio last year about how he was very intrigued by the offer to join GNR only to realize soon therafter it "was the best decsion he's ever made as a professional musician" not to accept.

I wonder how BH feels about his time with the band was a good experience or a waist of "precious time"??

Ya never know, I did get a "hello" from Herbie the last time I saw BH...

I think its a little bit of both sentiments as far as Buckethead is concerned. In retrospect, he probably is very proud of the music he created during his time in GnR and probably hopes the fans will hear some of his contributions on the album, but also in the same sense he probably wishes it could have all come together so much better in the end, instead of a trainwreck in Philly. Dave probably does count his lucky stars he only cut one track with Axl, he most definately is not a musician who can latch his anchor to a project he has zero power and authority over.

I got to ask him about the Greatest Hits 2 CD. His response was something like "Yeah I heard that was coming out too. People all over the country have been telling me about it. Honestly I don't know if it is real but if it is you and everyone else should buy it."

Dizzy doesn't know anything about this Greatest Hits 2 product, that is if it's actually ligit first off. But tells a fan that "we" should buy if it is released. What if the album is pure crap? Does he want the fans to purchase something he himself has no knowledge of?!!

That seems kinda shameless, doesn't it? Undecided

Sure its shameless but so is the music buisness. A musician has got to eat and if that means encouraging fans to by some piss poor GH cd then I guess it will be done. Eventhough Axl, Slash, & Duff tried to prevent the first album, do you really think their that heartbroken now that its a multiplatinum success, and has inflated their bankaccounts to the sky? Probably not..and the former member and Axl alike probably wont like this GH either, but it all comes down to money in the end, not preserving the opinions of an internet forum.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2005, 05:57:31 PM »

lets move onto the  new G N' R  and not the past,past is OVER '
chinese democracy ?
year ?