Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 03:47:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227897 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Rebirth of Real Oviedo (Spanish Football Team)
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rebirth of Real Oviedo (Spanish Football Team)  (Read 11929 times)
Graciela
« on: November 28, 2005, 02:46:28 PM »

Real Oviedo is the football team I support back in Spain. We used to play in First Division with all the "big guns" of the Spanish Primera Liga, but due to the incompetence of the board of chairmen, we were relegated to 3rd division. Thanks to the supporters, Real Oviedo is still alive. This is the full story. It's an interesting reading for all football fans:

http://www.worldsoccer.com/features/rebirth_of_oviedo_features_67151.html
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 02:49:50 PM by Graciela » Logged
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 04:22:25 PM »

Cool are they gonna play again in first divison or they have to go step by step?

No man can be my equal
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2005, 04:26:20 PM »

Cool are they gonna play again in first divison or they have to go step by step?

I guess they have to be promoted like any other team.

The article was interesting. It describes the problems lots of teams are having with people who have no interest in the sport side of things and are only in it to make money.  no

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Graciela
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 04:28:21 PM »

Yeah, it's gonna have to be step by step, I'm afraid, but I'm confident we will make it. It might take some time though...
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2005, 04:56:41 PM »

Well I hope I can see some games in the near future, I am a very big spanish football fan I team for Real Madrid, dreadfully Barca kick the shit out of us in Bernabeu  Cry
That ronaldihno dude is from outer space  nervous

No man can be my equal
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2005, 09:04:05 AM »

The article was interesting. It describes the problems lots of teams are having with people who have no interest in the sport side of things and are only in it to make money.? no
/jarmo

Sounds  like a certain Nottingham Forest chairman! Apparently a fan, however since his arrival we have dropped like a sack of potato's off a cliff. Good Academy players are replaced with 3rd rate looking for a last good pay packet dross and the choice of managers have been a complete joke.

Good luck Oviedo!  ok
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2005, 09:15:07 AM »

What a story.

I knew Oviedo was struggling but I've never thought it turned out like this.

Hopefully will see Oviedo in 1st division again in a couple of years. Then you could bring Oli Back!? ok
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2005, 09:42:35 AM »

It's one thing to be demoted because you play bad, you have an incompetent coach or the players aren't good enough, but when it's because of greedy people who only want to make money, it's just unfair.

A lot of teams do have problems with their economy, in many cases, because they have wrong people making decisions. Not necessarily people who are trying to rob the team, but just incompetent and sometimes naive people. But then again, that's how it is everywhere, wrong people in the wrong places making wrong decisions that affect others.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2005, 11:54:35 AM »

I gotta say that sometimes is good that teams go through this it makes you realize that if you don't love this team you just have to leave, this also has happened in my country my team Barceloan (ECU) is struggling as hell cause the players sucks, and the directive don't suport the coach it sucks big time, now it's gonna be 9 years with champions ship and It realy pisses me off  rant

No man can be my equal
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2005, 01:20:50 PM »

Obviously any "bad news" will sort the real fans from the ones who support a team as long as they're winning.

/jarmo

R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2005, 01:53:25 PM »

They say as a football fan, you appreciate the good times better if you experience the bad times.
Well ive experienced bad times for the past 8-9 years with Forest, its been a long time since any "Good Times".

Go Oviedo, the hardwork has been done, lets see ya back in La Liga!
Graciela
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2005, 02:32:27 PM »

They say as a football fan, you appreciate the good times better if you experience the bad times.
Well ive experienced bad times for the past 8-9 years with Forest, its been a long time since any "Good Times".

Go Oviedo, the hardwork has been done, lets see ya back in La Liga!

You definitely do. The reaction from the supporters was really amazing. I was already living in London when all this started, but I kept very much in contact with people back in Oviedo and was also informed through the newspapers. We have 11.000 season ticketholders now. There are teams in La Liga that don't have that many. I have a season ticket even if i can't go to the games. Last game I went was the one in June when we went up. The atmosphere was incredible. I'm not ashamed to say that it almost made me cry...

And thanks for the support. As we say: "We'll be back" ok

Oh, a couple of pics from that game in june:

R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2005, 02:49:19 PM »

Although quite dangerous i do think that flares (not the 70's jeans) at football games add to the atmosphere! Looks beautiful! Ill let you take me one day!  Wink
Graciela
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2005, 06:50:39 AM »

Although quite dangerous i do think that flares (not the 70's jeans) at football games add to the atmosphere! Looks beautiful! Ill let you take me one day!? Wink

Hehe, ok, I'm going in two weeks, fancy coming?  Cheesy

Flares are actually banned in Spain, but only in professional football. Third Division is not professional, that's why we got away with it
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2005, 05:24:18 AM »

Hehe, ok, I'm going in two weeks, fancy coming?? Cheesy

We will meet under the pale moonlight on top of that lovely stand.

How romantic!  love
Graciela
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2005, 09:06:11 AM »

Hehe, ok, I'm going in two weeks, fancy coming?? Cheesy

We will meet under the pale moonlight on top of that lovely stand.

How romantic!? love

... and we'll sing... I'll teach you all our songs, even the ones kids are not allowed to listen to...  love
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2005, 09:15:22 AM »

... and we'll sing... I'll teach you all our songs, even the ones kids are not allowed to listen to...? love

Hey, who are you calling a kid?  Wink

Oooo. I like Adult orientated football songs.  Cheesy
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2005, 05:19:17 PM »

Congratulations. Due to an incompetent and greedy chairman my football club was nearly destroyed. Tonight we're top of the premier division. Good luck in the future.
Graciela
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2005, 06:58:25 PM »

Congratulations. Due to an incompetent and greedy chairman my football club was nearly destroyed. Tonight we're top of the premier division. Good luck in the future.

Hearts? What happened?
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2005, 08:44:13 PM »

Hearts? What happened?

Chris Robinson (bastard) took over and we were ?2 million in debt. 6 years later we were ?20 million in debt. He then tried to sell the stadium we've been at for 120 years and move us in to a rugby stadium which would halved our crowds. If he had his way hearts would've ceased to exist within 5 years.

Luckily a lithuanian millionaire bought us and now we're top of the league. Nice.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: