Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 06:51:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228009 Posts in 43257 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Merck Has 21 Days Left
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Merck Has 21 Days Left  (Read 14669 times)
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2005, 06:07:30 PM »

well...it was maybe a combinaison a lots of elements. There isn't just one reason, but lots of reasons. Maybe clear channel did mistakes too.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2005, 11:57:57 AM »

I don't know what Merck was talking about.  2005 sucked for a GNR fan.  What other band do you have to cling to a record exec's every word to find out about your favorite band?  2005 sucked.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2005, 12:08:02 PM »

Axl has 386 days left

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2005, 12:28:12 PM »

YEA! RIGHT!

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2005, 04:41:50 PM »

It will be intresting to see if the man even apologizes.. or if there will be a press release concerning the album by the end of the year. Who knows?

I wouldn't hold your breath.  Merck seems to be as arrogant as Axl and all of Axl's apologists. 

Looking back, i find Merck's harsh and critical response to the NY Times piece almost comical that he would rip the guy and deliver nothing.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2005, 04:48:49 PM »

I wouldn't hold your breath.  Merck seems to be as arrogant as Axl and all of Axl's apologists. 

But not as arrogant as Axl/new guns bashers.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2005, 06:03:47 PM »

But not as arrogant as Axl/new guns bashers.

How true  Grin

Still, it's hard to argue that Merck has done a satisfactory job of manging this band-granted, his client's general predispostions make saying anything concrete hard, but the stonewalling and silence to inquires is absurd. Doug Goldstein manged to get 4 albums of original material out of axl-plus a hell of alot of shows. Merck's gotten his client to do a handful of shows in the last 5 years or so with TWO aborted tours.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2005, 06:07:42 PM »

cd is no where in sight just like every year
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2005, 07:10:11 PM »

I think CD is both in sight and nowhere in sight.

I think at anytime the album could come out if Axl wanted to releas eit. But if things remian the same, CD is nowhere in sight

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
icpillusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2005, 07:39:10 PM »

CD version 7.0 is in the making.  Wish i could've heard the last 6 that were almost released.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2005, 08:49:12 PM »

It will be intresting to see if the man even apologizes.. or if there will be a press release concerning the album by the end of the year. Who knows?

I wouldn't hold your breath.? Merck seems to be as arrogant as Axl and all of Axl's apologists.?

Looking back, i find Merck's harsh and critical response to the NY Times piece almost comical that he would rip the guy and deliver nothing.
Good point. The Times article and its rebuttal has reached the point of absurdity, and the fact that the article is true makes it even more absurd. Merck's response to it was hilarious, coming close to a hint of satire. What's next? Merck telling us to jump in and find an alligator! rofl

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2005, 04:25:28 AM »

Jeff Leeds should write a follow up article and offer Merck the chance to contribute.

Here today...ready to rock
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #72 on: December 17, 2005, 04:52:30 AM »

I really wish I could see everyone of you in Mercks position...

That would be a laugh...

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #73 on: December 17, 2005, 05:01:58 AM »

Jeff Leeds should write a follow up article and offer Merck the chance to contribute.
To be honest, I dont think a follow up article is necessary. He proved his point already. The silence from the GNR camp concerning the article says much more than a follow up ever could.

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #74 on: December 17, 2005, 05:17:16 AM »

To be honest, I dont think a follow up article is necessary. He proved his point already. The silence from the GNR camp concerning the article says much more than a follow up ever could.

Its not really about proving a point, as you said, I think Jeff has come out on top on that one. But I'm pretty sure any inside info on GN'R would make a great story so Jeff could offer them a chance to promote themselves...

Here today...ready to rock
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #75 on: December 17, 2005, 05:26:32 AM »

Its not really about proving a point, as you said, I think Jeff has come out on top on that one. But I'm pretty sure any inside info on GN'R would make a great story so Jeff could offer them a chance to promote themselves...

That article was a real eye opener. It was a nail in the coffin of CD. Not the final nail, but pretty damn close. He told the world how the album had turned into a joke, and how Axl didn't take it very seriously. The GNR camp is lucky that the article didn't get alot of media attention.

Warchild
« Reply #76 on: December 17, 2005, 07:52:54 AM »

Didn't he make the statement in March? Maybe things have changed since then....

Of course, things aren't allowed to change in the GN'R world.? hihi

/jarmo

Yeah, and it would be too much to ask to be updated and have Merck tell us that things have been pushed to 2006, you know, common decency for die hard fans that have waited for the last 10-14 years for new material.

Jeez, how dare we ask for something from the almighty.

Nah, instead we just keep making excuses and apologies for their lies and propaganda.? No need to look too far for a list of these apologists as they all appear in this thread,? you know who you are.? ok

Apologists?? Do you THINK you are "entitled" to an "apology?" Have you put out any money for the album yet??
I didn't think so......

Things can change (gasp) and shit happens........You do not "need" information....you "want" information........and your "wants" won't kill you unless you give them permission to........

Rethink this sense of "Entitledness".....and when in the hell did GnR start playing by any rules but their own??

Shit Happens and usually does at the worst possible moment........it is a given.

It's just a matter of time...
The Perfect Storm is approaching,

W.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #77 on: December 17, 2005, 08:08:08 AM »

I don't know what Merck was talking about.? 2005 sucked for a GNR fan.? What other band do you have to cling to a record exec's every word to find out about your favorite band?? 2005 sucked.

Maybe he knew 2005 would be better than 2006  nervous

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #78 on: December 17, 2005, 12:41:23 PM »

That article was a real eye opener. It was a nail in the coffin of CD. Not the final nail, but pretty damn close. He told the world how the album had turned into a joke, and how Axl didn't take it very seriously. The GNR camp is lucky that the article didn't get alot of media attention.
Uh... The New York Times is not known as a really credible source. I don't buy that article claiming stupid answers for huge problems like the album and/or the 2002 aborted tour.

They lied A LOT before in another articles. Why not in this one, since the main character is a reclusive person and didn't give any info?

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #79 on: December 17, 2005, 06:38:16 PM »

Good calls Warchild and Voodoo.  ok

the article was nothing eye opening to us since the gnr net community is rife with bs.  Cool
On the positive note the article spread Chinese democracy to the public. The NY times readers were informed that there's a legendary phantom album an unparalleled musician is persistently struggling with in adversity and it might finally come out soon. People hadn't heard of such a pure artist spirit for a long time.

Amen to that save that there might be better journalists than Jeff Reed and more quality newspapers than NY times.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: