Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 07:15:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Merck Has 21 Days Left
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Merck Has 21 Days Left  (Read 14672 times)
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #80 on: December 17, 2005, 07:15:59 PM »

Jeff Leeds was unduly criticised by the zealots and apologists on this board and others. He was made out to be some kind of villain (see giggers "article" hihi), when in all fairness, he wrote a balanced and seemingly accurate article for a reputable publication.

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #81 on: December 18, 2005, 09:28:19 AM »

Jeff Leeds was unduly criticised by the zealots and apologists on this board and others. He was made out to be some kind of villain (see giggers "article" hihi), when in all fairness, he wrote a balanced and seemingly accurate article for a reputable publication.

BTW why are we talking about Jeff Leeds' credibility? This thread is about Merck's credibility which is near to zero after his false alarm.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #82 on: December 18, 2005, 09:38:35 AM »

Good calls Warchild and Voodoo.? ok

the article was nothing eye opening to us since the gnr net community is rife with bs.? Cool
On the positive note the article spread Chinese democracy to the public. The NY times readers were informed that there's a legendary phantom album an unparalleled musician is persistently struggling with in adversity and it might finally come out soon. People hadn't heard of such a pure artist spirit for a long time.

Jeff Leeds should write a follow up article and offer Merck the chance to contribute.

Amen to that save that there might be better journalists than Jeff Reed and more quality newspapers than NY times.

I don't think many new york time's readers are savoring that article.. Might have been so that's where he's been or that's what happened to gnr type thoughts.. After reading an article like that a week or so later you almost  forget about it.. Only forum fans keep that shit alive
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #83 on: December 18, 2005, 03:42:21 PM »

Are you kiddin, right? Reputable publication? Uh... Maybe you should check those links:

http://www.factsofisrael.com/blog/archives/000310.html
http://www.slate.com/id/2101294/

Also, there's some people on this publication who make up big storys about south-america governments with no truth at all, just to fuck up the reputation and create a huge buzz in the business people. They even published some fake pictures to give some credibility to their articles.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/brazil/story/0,12462,1215417,00.html

BTW, it's really funny how it's a fair article for you - a truly negative and biased person. I wonder if it had the Merck and Axl's side of the story you would still think it's that fair.

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #84 on: December 18, 2005, 03:57:22 PM »

The Jeff Leeds article was old information.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #85 on: December 18, 2005, 04:02:14 PM »

BTW why are we talking about Jeff Leeds' credibility? This thread is about Merck's credibility which is near to zero after his false alarm.

Merck's info was correct at the time

I hope you can understand through this why GN'R do not give out 'updates'. Merck offered up some info and now here's a 5 page thread questioning his credibility.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #86 on: December 18, 2005, 04:05:48 PM »

I hope you can understand through this why GN'R do not give out 'updates'. Merck offered up some info and now here's a 5 page thread questioning his credibility.

Well, there is different types of info to give.. Not only "when" things will happen. But "Why" things is taking so long. And info about the progress..
Anyway. I dont actually care that much anymore.. But i WILL be waiting, and give 100% support when things start happening.

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #87 on: December 18, 2005, 04:09:27 PM »

Well, there is different types of info to give.. Not only "when" things will happen. But "Why" things is taking so long. And info about the progress..
Anyway. I dont actually care that much anymore.. But i WILL be waiting, and give 100% support when things start happening.

I think the 'why' part is self explanatory
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #88 on: December 18, 2005, 05:03:16 PM »

Are you kiddin, right? Reputable publication? Uh... Maybe you should check those links:

Also, there's some people on this publication who make up big storys about south-america governments with no truth at all, just to fuck up the reputation and create a huge buzz in the business people. They even published some fake pictures to give some credibility to their articles.

BTW, it's really funny how it's a fair article for you - a truly negative and biased person. I wonder if it had the Merck and Axl's side of the story you would still think it's that fair.
The New Yourk times and the Guardian? Plus the biggest music publication in Europe, Q magazine? "Are you kiddin, right? "

I object to your assertion that I am negative and biased. You don't know me OK? So quit the judgement buddy. Perhaps my opinion differs from yours, instead of continually making excuses for Axl, I prefer to hold him to a higher standard - a standard that I know he is capable of.

Voodoochild, your comment is negative and does nothing for discussion on this board. I personally am sick of people like you attacking free discussion and thought. Grow up. If you disagree, by all means disagree. Do so in a way thats conducive to good debate though.

BTW, my post had nothing to do with Mercks credibility (off topic, I know? ?Tongue), it was simply drawing attention to the fact that Leeds was slammed unfairly.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2005, 05:10:17 PM by jimmythegent » Logged

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
V
Headliner

The Fountainhead

« Reply #89 on: December 18, 2005, 05:34:54 PM »

The New Yourk times and the Guardian? Plus the biggest music publication in Europe, Q magazine? "Are you kiddin, right? "

I object to your assertion that I am negative and biased. You don't know me OK? So quit the judgement buddy. Perhaps my opinion differs from yours, instead of continually making excuses for Axl, I prefer to hold him to a higher standard - a standard that I know he is capable of.

Voodoochild, your comment is negative and does nothing for discussion on this board. I personally am sick of people like you attacking free discussion and thought. Grow up. If you disagree, by all means disagree. Do so in a way thats conducive to good debate though.

BTW, my post had nothing to do with Mercks credibility (off topic, I know   Tongue), it was simply drawing attention to the fact that Leeds was slammed unfairly.

Geeez are you Axl Rose's mother?
.. A standard that I know he is capable of ..
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #90 on: December 18, 2005, 05:46:40 PM »

This is pointless, none of us know why 2005 wasn't the year of GN'R.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: December 18, 2005, 05:53:29 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: