Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 08:28:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228010 Posts in 43257 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Avenged Sevenfold - Appetite For Destruction
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Avenged Sevenfold - Appetite For Destruction  (Read 4908 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« on: January 02, 2006, 04:07:27 PM »

Not really news, just a mention:

Avenged Sevenfold
Appetite For Destruction

? by Corey Moss

MTV: Is it safe to call Guns N' Roses your biggest influence?

Shadows: Guns N' Roses is my favorite band of all time. It's funny 'cause we just did a thing for the [Los Angeles Times] and the guy's like, "People compare 'em to Guns N' Roses and Shadows walked out with a GN'R shirt," and he thought that was weird that I would, but the thing is, I'm not ashamed of the bands I love. I love that band. You can compare us all you want ? they're a huge reason why I'm even in a band and even write music. My dad gave me Appetite for Destruction when it first came out; he saw [Guns N' Roses] on "Headbanger's Ball," and they're a huge inspiration. Metallica and Megadeth and GN'R, those are bands that I'll never deny loving ... those are bands that kind of made me and made this band kind of what it is. We don't try to be like, "Oh we're becoming a big band, so we're gonna pretend like we don't have any influences."

Full article

Source: www.mtv.com

jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 05:56:24 PM »

Yeah, I like that band, always been sayaing, that GNR was a big influence for them. Smiley

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 08:10:43 PM »

I'm gonna have to check these guys out. beer

AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 09:11:17 PM »

its funny because i hear gnr with some megadeth and dream theater when i listen to them.  they're the best band to come out in years.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2006, 11:03:30 PM »

Like them a lot too.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2006, 11:04:40 PM »

Like them a lot too.

No! Thas not right lol. Those guys should not even be mentioned in the same sentence as gnr.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2006, 11:23:38 PM »

IF you really listened Chineseblues , to the new album , really listen you might see the influence. And I think its great that they are toughting GNR so positively.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2006, 11:57:23 PM »

No! Thas not right lol. Those guys should not even be mentioned in the same sentence as gnr.
Why not? Just because you don't like it?
At least they are confessing how GN'R is/was good - this is very rare, IMO.

-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2006, 04:13:26 AM »

a lot of people have been comparing a7x to GNR. i kinda see the similarities...but am having trouble really getting into them.

anyways, on another note, i have some decent news. a lot of major labels that we've met with have been saying my band's new album is a "modern Appetite for Destruction" (our manager and producer are negotiating with labels right now) it's going to be released all over the U.S. in a month and a half or so, and in Europe in May (packaged with our first record, which is more like Too Fast For Love). so...if you see a Grayson Manor (http://www.graysonmanorrocks.com) album in stores, check it out & see if you dig it (also our singer recorded tracks with the VR guys before they picked up Scott, they sound rockin, more like UYI-era Guns)...

cheap self-promotion I know but hey, I figure people like to hear about new music that gets compared to GNR. like I said earlier though, I'm still not sure exactly what to think of Avenged Sevenfold...I love their influences, but I'm having a hard time really finding them in their songs.  Huh

Awesome man! what do you play? any potiental "modern afd" should be checked out. send me a song or two maybe? i wish you the best of luck.

and a7x... hmm.. im not a fan. i like some of the stuff.. and i think its great that they love GN'R.. but im waiting for the next record. they are a band thats transforming.. screamo (i just cant stand the stuff) to rock man... so.. the next album should be rock correct? maybe....

gnrevolution.com
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2006, 09:58:28 AM »

Why not? Just because you don't like it?
At least they are confessing how GN'R is/was good - this is very rare, IMO.
Because their an emo band and emo and gnr dont go together. These guys are just putting on a front, their posers. I doubt anyone in that band has ever really even heard of the illusion albums.
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2006, 10:03:04 AM »

I can't stand emo bands

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2006, 10:11:54 AM »

a lot of people have been comparing a7x to GNR. i kinda see the similarities...but am having trouble really getting into them.

anyways, on another note, i have some decent news. a lot of major labels that we've met with have been saying my band's new album is a "modern Appetite for Destruction" (our manager and producer are negotiating with labels right now) it's going to be released all over the U.S. in a month and a half or so, and in Europe in May (packaged with our first record, which is more like Too Fast For Love). so...if you see a Grayson Manor (http://www.graysonmanorrocks.com) album in stores, check it out & see if you dig it (also our singer recorded tracks with the VR guys before they picked up Scott, they sound rockin, more like UYI-era Guns)...

cheap self-promotion I know but hey, I figure people like to hear about new music that gets compared to GNR. like I said earlier though, I'm still not sure exactly what to think of Avenged Sevenfold...I love their influences, but I'm having a hard time really finding them in their songs.? Huh

Had a quick listen to your band on your website. There's definitely a lot of GnR in there - it's good if a little too hair metal for my liking. As for Avenged Sevenfold... well they are just plain dreadful.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2006, 10:21:41 AM »

Cool thing, but kind of sad that there are people who actually bother you just because you like some bands.
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2006, 11:29:08 AM »

everyone should thank AS for actually being one of the only bands playing real guitar these days.   They are the first band to get a guitar solo on MTV since VR  was played a few times.   and gnr before that.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2006, 03:54:22 PM »

Because their an emo band and emo and gnr dont go together. These guys are just putting on a front, their posers. I doubt anyone in that band has ever really even heard of the illusion albums.
No, they're not emo. I don't really like them, but I don't think it's emo at all.
If they didn't heard Illusions - who cares? It's not like they need to be fan of ALL GN'R eras.

everyone should thank AS for actually being one of the only bands playing real guitar these days.   They are the first band to get a guitar solo on MTV since VR  was played a few times.   and gnr before that.
That's exactly what I was talkin' about. And it's still good to see ANY GNR mention in the big media.

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2006, 07:43:47 PM »

everyone should thank AS for actually being one of the only bands playing real guitar these days.? ?They are the first band to get a guitar solo on MTV since VR? was played a few times.? ?and gnr before that.

Never heard this band. Maybe i should give them a chance..
And ill give them cred for the positive GNR talk!  ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2006, 04:42:23 PM »

and a7x... hmm.. im not a fan. i like some of the stuff.. and i think its great that they love GN'R.. but im waiting for the next record. they are a band thats transforming.. screamo (i just cant stand the stuff) to rock man... so.. the next album should be rock correct? maybe....

They already have gone though the transformation.  I bought their first and current albums and I can hear a huge progression.  The first album is straight up screamo, but with some potential.  They have gotten rid of the screamo on their new album and are playing what is basically a punk/metal hybrid.  The new album has some great songs and I suggest you all check it out.

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2006, 04:52:39 PM »

They already have gone though the transformation.? I bought their first and current albums and I can hear a huge progression.? The first album is straight up screamo, but with some potential.? They have gotten rid of the screamo on their new album and are playing what is basically a punk/metal hybrid.? The new album has some great songs and I suggest you all check it out.

They have three albums.

Waking the Fallen (2nd album) is wicked, even with the screamo. I love City Of Evil aswell, and whilst I don't think they will reach the heights of GN'R I think they are a great band, looking forward to seeing them live in the UK again soon!

Here today...ready to rock
Colt 1911
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2006, 01:11:44 PM »

Like them a lot too.

what is the new CD???
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2006, 02:24:48 PM »

If you want to talk about them, take it to Bad Obsession.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: