Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 06:10:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  AXL SPEAKS!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AXL SPEAKS!!!  (Read 77424 times)
blackpainter
Opening Act

An HC, as always!!

« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2006, 08:51:33 PM »

Cool! lol
I'm so LUCKY  to hear him speak!!!!
SwedeChildO'Mine
Guy in the locker, feeling like a
Rocker

W. Axl Rose - Pure talent

« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2006, 08:52:07 PM »

Ain't this the biggest happened about GNR for years? Let's hope we'll hear more from Axl.

And the part about Slash & Izzy really makes my blood pump.
mick
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2006, 08:52:37 PM »

Am I the only person to be disappointed by the fact that he says they are still working on the album?  crying  rant

Was nice to hear some words straight from the horse's mouth I guess.  smoking

Hey Axl, wtf happened with the tour in '02? Tongue
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2006, 08:53:27 PM »

I like the way he's approaching the final analysis, the line "But you'll like at least a few songs on there." speaks volumes to me.

Seems as though he's not trying to change the world or seeking universal acceptance.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2006, 08:55:00 PM »

...so Slash was right...he knew something... yes

uh hello, Axl never said the album was coming in march. So slash was wrong.

Back on topic, it's fucking great to hear from Axl again. Chinese Democracy 2k6 baby!!
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2006, 08:56:09 PM »

I like the way he describes the album too, with "complex album" and "Queen-like arrangements", it definitely sounds like he's put some work into this.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Timmy
Rocker

« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2006, 08:56:56 PM »

As for a reunion with his former Gn'R mates, that seems unlikely. "I haven't spoken to Slash in ten years," Rose says. "I love the guy, I always wanted everyone to know how great he was, but.... I was just talking to Izzy the other day though."

This is unbelievable.. I love it!

Hello? There are two lawsuits pending....I wonder what exactly is happening between those two.

Hello.. saying "thats unbelievable" is just a frase..

T.T.
?.?.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2006, 08:57:50 PM »

Holy focking sheot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ?Note the attitude toward Slash and Izzy. ?Though the author says it is unlikely of a reunion, I feel that the secret songs from 2002 that Izzy, Slash, and Duff wrote for Axl too sing may make their way to him for sure now! ?Izzy still talks to Slash. ?That is in the inside of inside sources and mutaul friends for Axl and Slash. ?Remember long ago when it was beleived that Slash on TWAT may be him and Axl's swan song? ? I think Slash will be on that recording, and it is a favorite of his. ?I think major developments are around the corner. ?I think he may have a new moxy about him now. ?Something has brought him back to really working again. ?Izzy may just be that guy. ?More like an advisor to him. ?Not to rejoin, but maybe to reinspire. ?This is fantastic news. ?I still don't think we will see CD this year though.
avesia
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2006, 08:58:09 PM »

Am I the only person to be disappointed by the fact that he says they are still working on the album?? crying? rant

Nope...but considering the rumours spread lately, not to mention what Slash said, I'm beginning to think it's nearly done...
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2006, 08:59:05 PM »

This is great news!!!!!!!!!!!! ?beer

I was thinking the other day though when we got the photos that Axl mustve gone to this specific party for a reason, I mean I figure he must've been invited to tons of partys like this over the last 3 years but him going to this one makes it seem like he wants to get back into the public eye. Makes me think maybe he really does have plans to release the baby this year!

Him mentioning those song titles just makes me want this so bad! I hope he hasn't forgotten about Madagascar either, I love that song. I'm just glad it didnt say 'among Axl's favourites is 'Silkworms' ?hihi

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2006, 08:59:26 PM »

OMFG OMFG OMFG! I FREAKED out when I saw that on the news page.

FUCK YEAH!

This is it guys. I really believe it. Our wait is coming to a close

gnrevolution.com
avesia
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2006, 09:00:46 PM »

...so Slash was right...he knew something... yes

uh hello, Axl never said the album was coming in march. So slash was wrong
come on, nobody believes it's coming in march...the album is not even redy yet, Axl said it himself...
but it's coming!
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2006, 09:01:46 PM »

I wouldn't be so sure about that, Axl has spoken to the press in the past and nothing came of it, but it is good to hear from him again and get some more news about the album.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
realgunner
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2006, 09:03:24 PM »

the best part was what he said about slash and izzy. way better than any cd news
Oh yes,way better than any news,taking the first step to the big reunion everyone is waiting for.
I've been saying it all the time,they will get back together one day,my prediction is at the Hall of Fame but now I think that is gonna happen sooner. ?beer
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2006, 09:04:04 PM »

Question is this, we he do one of the songs from the Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Matt sessions of 2002......

I say yes. ?He is referring to a few that we will like? ?It wouldn't surprise me that for his lawsuits to go better, maybe he has Slash and Izzy on a song or two to make up for lost earnings he owes them?Huh?? confused ?Okay, that is a reach. ?Back to reality.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2006, 09:04:11 PM »

I wouldn't be so sure about that, Axl has spoken to the press in the past and nothing came of it, but it is good to hear from him again and get some more news about the album.

Meh... lol. I guess your right.. there was a tour now that i strain my memory... and that ment nothing..

but cheers to him fucking TALKING!  beer

gnrevolution.com
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2006, 09:04:54 PM »

It's just refreshing to know that if Axl found Slash near death lying on the street... he wouldn't just step over him and keep walking... Forget reunions... I just think it would be a great thing if the original five could all be civil and respectful to each other in person and in the press before they leave the earth.

As far as CD goes... I'm more encouraged than ever. I think Axl is playing coy when he says "the people will hear music this year" sh1t... I honestly think it's going down in '06. If I lived in Europe.... I would be freeing up my schedule this summer... RIGHT NOW...

Also, very nice piece done by RS. They go out of their way to portray Axl as a legend in his own time... which he is. I have a feeling... despite all the bs that's existed between GN'R and RS through the years.... they want to be on-board with this comeback... which is HUGE.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 09:09:13 PM by MaoAxl » Logged

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2006, 09:06:50 PM »

The best marketing would to be have the original members do a song or two.  Its not anymore crazy to have them on a song or two as it is to have Buckethead on the whole album.  If I am Axl, I get atleast two original style GNR songs to go along with all the other songs that are his vision.
Kaybee
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2006, 09:07:43 PM »

That's really awesome news! I'm so pumped!!!
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2006, 09:09:11 PM »

The best marketing would to be have the original members do a song or two.  Its not anymore crazy to have them on a song or two as it is to have Buckethead on the whole album.  If I am Axl, I get atleast two original style GNR songs to go along with all the other songs that are his vision.

Im so glad your not Axl then.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: