Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 03:53:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Help get GN'R on last.fm's Top 10 Artists chart!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help get GN'R on last.fm's Top 10 Artists chart!  (Read 1195 times)
themovieaddict.com
« on: January 19, 2006, 06:40:58 PM »

On the website Last.fm, basically every week Radiohead is the top-most-listened-to artist followed by some assortment of the following: Nirvana, Green Day, The Beatles, Death Cab for Cutie, etc.

GN'R is in the Top 50 usually, and the only thing that keeps them out of the top 10 is a few thousand plays.

This is not to be taken too seriously, but I think just for fun, we should all try to listen to GN'R and try to bump them up the list a bit. Just to see what kind of effect a GN'R message board can have! All you have to do is download one of their plugins - e.g. if you listen to iTunes, they have an iTunes iscrobbler. You sign up for an account, download the plugin, play a GN'R track, and it registers it in the database.

I dunno, I just thought it might be interesting to see the difference we could make. I think GN'R are in the top 50 right now, but they are always in the top 100.

If you think this is stupid, pointless, etc., you don't have to participate. But please don't ruin this thread by posting inane, "This is dumb" posts. I already know a lot of people will think it's dumb.  Grin

By the way, if you are unfamiliar with or have never heard about Last.fm, here is my user page so you can get a feeling for what it's like: last.fm/user/themovieaddict
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 07:15:37 PM »

I just checked the charts, and this week GN'R was 55th on the charts.  no  Smiley
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 09:47:39 PM »

Nobody cares about doing this kind of shit anymore. It got old about 10 years ago. No fucking poll is gonna make any difference. By the way, if Radiohead is the top band in your poll, I have to question the integrity of this poll. confused

themovieaddict.com
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 10:55:33 PM »

Nobody cares about doing this kind of shit anymore. It got old about 10 years ago. No fucking poll is gonna make any difference. By the way, if Radiohead is the top band in your poll, I have to question the integrity of this poll. confused

It's not a poll, dumbass. But then again, I wouldn't expect you to know that, since you obviously didn't read my post judging by your pissy response. It's a website that takes data from music listeners across the world via a plugin and compiles data based on what they listen to. Radiohead is, and has been for quite some time, the most-listened-to artist.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2006, 11:00:48 PM »

Sounds to me like you just want people to sign up for an account, it has nothing to do with us liking GNR really. Go try this scheme at another forum. rant

themovieaddict.com
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2006, 10:40:30 AM »

Sounds to me like you just want people to sign up for an account, it has nothing to do with us liking GNR really. Go try this scheme at another forum. rant

Umm...sure. I have a MyGnrForum profile:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showuser=13797

With over a thousand posts, maybe that will satisfy your curious mind. I'm not advertising the website. I've only posted this on two GN'R forums. I've also been registered on HTGTH for quite a while, I just don't post as often as I do on MyGNR.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: