Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 09:36:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228010 Posts in 43257 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Sanctuary expects good sales from GN'R new album
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sanctuary expects good sales from GN'R new album  (Read 8385 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« on: January 23, 2006, 10:28:01 AM »

Sanctuary seeks ?130m rescue
Jon Rees, Mail on Sunday
22 January 2006

MUSIC group Sanctuary hopes to announce a ?130m rescue package this week to shore up its finances as it risks breaching its extended overdraft limit.

The world's biggest independent record label, with artists including Morrissey, Guns 'N' Roses, Iron Maiden and The Strokes, is expected to announce a massive share issue to raise the funds. The placing is likely to dilute heavily the existing investors' stakes.

Sanctuary owes about ?120m to banking giant HBoS, which has agreed to extend its overdraft facilities by ?12m to ?134m, but only until the end of the month.

It has already warned that it will take a ?170m exceptional charge when it unveils its longdelayed annual results for the year to last September, which are due by the end of this week.

Those close to the company insist that Sanctuary can still survive if the fundraising does not go ahead. But the size of its debt means that its lenders could demand a debt-forequity swap if it fails, since without a further extension to its overdraft Sanctuary will find it difficult to continue trading.

On the plus side, the latest album from The Strokes, First Impression of Earth, is doing well and is likely to sell up to 500,000 copies, while Morrissey, the company's best-selling artist, is expected to launch an album in the spring that could sell up to 800,000.

Sanctuary also expects good sales from the forthcoming album from heavy rock band Guns 'N' Roses.

It will use any money raised through the share placing, which is being organised by broker Evolution Securities, mainly to pay down existing debts.

However, such a fundraising is likely to be deeply discounted and so will virtually wipe out the value of existing investors' stakes.

John de Mol, the entrepreneur behind television's Big Brother, is a key investor with a stake of just over 19%. Sanctuary is now worth about ?8m compared with ?200m two years ago.

It issued the first of a series of profits warnings a year ago after big delays releasing key albums.

Source: Thisismoney.co.uk and TheNewGuns.com

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 10:33:43 AM »

Looks like they'll have a lot of money to promote GNR

This whole thing confuses me anyway - Geffen, Interscope and Sanctury all have a piece of GNR confused

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 11:16:08 AM »

Where are you reading that?

John de Mol, the entrepreneur behind television's Big Brother, is a key investor with a stake of just over 19%. Sanctuary is now worth about ?8m compared with ?200m two years ago.

Ahw Johnny lost some of his money He just started a new television channel over here And almost no one watches it peace I really don't like that guy he really comes across as an arrogant sob.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2006, 11:37:29 AM »

This whole thing confuses me anyway - Geffen, Interscope and Sanctury all have a piece of GNR confused

Let's see if I can get rid of your confusion.

Geffen Records will be releasing Chinese Democracy....

Sanctuary are Guns N' Roses Managment Comany, as well as their Music Publisher.

Pay no attention the the mention of Sanctuary as a Record Label, GnR has nothing to do with that part of the company.
highend88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2006, 11:46:15 AM »

This is obviously a sad news for Sanctuary but great news for us as Chinese Democracy is coming "soon"...

Yes this year!!!

I get up around seven
Get outta bed around nine
And I don't worry about nothin' no
'Cause worrin's a waste of my fuckin time
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2006, 11:49:58 AM »

Let's see if I can get rid of your confusion.

Geffen Records will be releasing Chinese Democracy....

Sanctuary are Guns N' Roses Managment Comany, as well as their Music Publisher.

Pay no attention the the mention of Sanctuary as a Record Label, GnR has nothing to do with that part of the company.

Well, the article says different.

Sanctuary also expects good sales from the forthcoming album from heavy rock band Guns 'N' Roses.

The world's biggest independent record label, with artists including Morrissey, Guns 'N' Roses, Iron Maiden and The Strokes, is expected to announce a massive share issue to raise the funds. The placing is likely to dilute heavily the existing investors' stakes

The quotes talk about sales from Chinese Democracy so I'd assume Sanctuary will somehow be involved in the release of the album. Maybe a join effort between Geffen and Sanctuary? I don't know.

Also, notice "the world largest independent record label" with artist including...GNR.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2006, 12:14:12 PM »

Morrissey, Iron Maiden and The Strokes are all under Sanctuary label aren't they?

the article really sound like Sanctuary is GN'R's label.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2006, 12:25:29 PM »

@ ppbebe    that would explain why sanctuary is hoping for chinese democracy to sell well. just as the management company they wouldn`t really profit from it i think.........

i guess anything is possible....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2006, 12:26:27 PM »

Morrissey, Iron Maiden and The Strokes are all under Sanctuary label aren't they?

the article really sound like Sanctuary is GN'R's label.

Yeah, i agree.. The article really tells that..
I remember Tommy told me in Oslo that Sanctuary was the label, but when i wrote
it here on the messageboard the Mods slammed that down. So i really dont know what
to belive. And for all i know, there may have been changes in the last year, who knows.. ?confused

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
WARose
Legend

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2006, 12:31:16 PM »

wouldn`t sanctuary benefit from the da vince code soundtrack by the way??(if a gnr track is on there of course) i mean gnr songs on soundtracks in general?

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2006, 12:44:09 PM »

@ ppbebe    that would explain why sanctuary is hoping for chinese democracy to sell well. just as the management company they wouldn`t really profit from it i think.........

i guess anything is possible....

Actually they would. Management companies usually get around 10% of all money made by whatever act they are managing. So 10% of however many millions CD is going to make is a huge ass number. That along with the money they will make from the publishing aspect and the tours that are sure to follow will make alot of money for Sanctuary. Plus don't forget that there is going to be 2 albums to be released. One this year and one next year (imho).
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2006, 12:51:09 PM »

Agreed with chineseblues. I guess the main thing is Sanctuary hopes to get profits with the publishing aspect.

If GN'R was under the Sanctuary Records, they would announce something in a statement, like they did with the publishing thing.

NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2006, 12:51:34 PM »

Actually they would. Management companies usually get around 10% of all money made by whatever act they are managing. So 10% of however many millions CD is going to make is a huge ass number. That along with the money they will make from the publishing aspect and the tours that are sure to follow will make alot of money for Sanctuary. Plus don't forget that there is going to be 2 albums to be released. One this year and one next year (imho).

I think the publishing deal is what will bring in the bucks for management-since (as is my understanding) they will essentially now be getting axl's royalty cut.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2006, 12:52:26 PM »

This album will break the record sales when it's released. It will be giant.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2006, 12:56:48 PM »

It there really is an album in the future who actually can do that, i really belive that is the next Guns N` Roses album! Sure!
But i dont actually care about that! What i really care about, is that the band will deliver a new record that to me, and people interested
in Rock music, will love! And i really belive in the guys, and that they have done everything in theyr power to give us that gift! It will be so great!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2006, 01:13:43 PM »

I think the publishing deal is what will bring in the bucks for management-since (as is my understanding) they will essentially now be getting axl's royalty cut.

Not exactly, they just get his publishing cut. Axl will still get his royalties from the sales of the album, he just wont get the publishing money if they put songs on soundtracks or whatever.
WARose
Legend

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2006, 01:33:50 PM »

Agreed with chineseblues. I guess the main thing is Sanctuary hopes to get profits with the publishing aspect.

If GN'R was under the Sanctuary Records, they would announce something in a statement, like they did with the publishing thing.

if they?re hoping for the publishing money, why would they bring up the ablum sales in this article?? i don?t think that`s really correlative...

Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2006, 01:45:52 PM »

In an industry and generation ruled by hip hop and r&B you sir have high hopes.  rofl

WARose
Legend

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2006, 02:01:23 PM »

In an industry and generation ruled by hip hop and r&B you sir have high hopes.? rofl

but there are other curious generations left....   and axl`s ruled by hiphop,too. ok

NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2006, 02:03:01 PM »

Not exactly, they just get his publishing cut. Axl will still get his royalties from the sales of the album, he just wont get the publishing money if they put songs on soundtracks or whatever.

Thank you for clearing that up ok

Exactly. There's no way uni/geffen/interescope would let anyone else put this out, after all the money they invested.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: