Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 03:48:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  TWAT Lyrics
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: TWAT Lyrics  (Read 24096 times)
KillYourIdols
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #120 on: December 16, 2006, 11:21:56 PM »

In my opinion, it has to be

where she was while she was sleeping...not HE

And it's simulate a CAUSE, not call, because cause rhymes with laws, it makes more sense to the song, and he says call like 2 lines before, I think it's

"to similate a cause for the betterment of evils and your ways around the laws," which makes both perfect sense songwise and language wise.

I agree with the betterment of evils line...still not sure about the "man who you gave head," although I think I kind of hear "head" at the end of the line...maybe "ahead" or something. So it might actually be the line.

Actually, I kind of disagree with the opinion that the "head" line doesn't fit in the song, because the song seems to be about a woman who does all this crazy shit (S. Seymour I would assume), like cocaine binges, being so out of it she falls asleep in a stranger's house, doesn't remember people she was meeting, lying, stealing, cheating, etc. So, in a way it does kind of fit. Maybe you guys are thinking that it's a little too "vulgar" to be in such a beautiful song, but I actually think it makes perfect sense...and it's not like Axl is afraid to say things like that. And I guess that giving sexual favors for drugs is very common, so I can see Seymour giving some guy head, getting and doing drugs, then passing out next to the guy. So yeah, a teensy vulgar but I don't think it's glaring (what is this, the 50's?), but it fits right in with the song. The more I listen to it, the more I think it's correct.

EDIT: LOL, so I guess I agree with Monkeychow.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2006, 11:23:31 PM by KillYourIdols » Logged
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #121 on: December 17, 2006, 01:35:51 AM »

"to similate a cause for the betterment of evils and your ways around the laws," which makes both perfect sense songwise and language wise.

Yeah that makes much more sense.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #122 on: December 17, 2006, 04:23:14 AM »

Nah Jimbo, I'm not hearin' that, sorry.? I'm not hearing "beyond last call."? ?no

Yeah I retract that.

Social class and registers cocaine in the hall
All the way from california on the way to your last call
to those non negotiations to stimulate a cause
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #123 on: December 17, 2006, 08:16:05 AM »

where she was while she was sleeping...not HE

Yes...i've been vexed over this...it really sounds like she and i guess overall that makes more sence...i just wanted it to be He so that it could be a song about the way two people fucked up instead of one. LOL. And also to avoid any female bisexual concepts seeing as I was already intoducing the "head" thing later...dont want you all to think i have a dirty mind  hihi

Anyway...much as i've said "he" i think i'll have to retract it and go with "she"

Actually, I kind of disagree with the opinion that the "head" line doesn't fit in the song, because the song seems to be about a woman who does all this crazy shit

Yes. To me the second verse is about contridictions, hypocrisy and duality of people's nature. For example, the refrences to social class, registers, and cocaine. By this I mean like, as celebs people are elevated to a higher social level or whatever in terms of exclusive clubs and snobery, yet they are also using cocaine and behaving badly. Its kinda ironic in a way.  Then theres how whomever the woman is, she isn't actually trying to better the world or working for a good cause, she is simply manipulating things to appear to be (or simulate) doing those things. Its about creating a false pubic impression. So she ends up placed on a pedistal "up there" - that is - she is held in high public regard with a squeeky clean immage - and the "sleeping like an angel" also represents this purtity, and Axl is then commenting with perhaps a little sarcasm or bitterness "nevermind who you have head". That is, like, shes created her impression of being a squeeky clean good person, but its come at the private cost that in reality she has acted far from angellicly.
So to me putting such a base refrence in a beautiful song would actually illustrate what i take to be part of the point of the song all the more.

Anyway...i'd like to take a moment here to stress that I might be wrong. Its axl's song not mine, and hell, maybe i'm mishearing all the lyrics anyway. Perhaps its a song about something completely different!
I just wanted to share what i thought i heard, and given some of the other posters above seemed to think my idea was silly or purile I thought i'd clarrify what I ment a little bit.

Anyway...whatever the lyrics, i love the song, and i cant wait for the studio version come march!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 04:07:16 PM by monkeychow » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: