Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 07:16:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Buckethead Stealing Axl's Thunder...?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Buckethead Stealing Axl's Thunder...?  (Read 10800 times)
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2006, 04:26:41 PM »

I dont know about stealing axl's thunder , but for ALOT of people these demo's will affect the album and their perception of it. A bunch of people are in love with buckets work on these demo's and if that work doesnt feature on the album they will be disapointed.

Theres a chance finck or fortus will re-record these solo's with something better , but I highly doubt they actually can.

Which is exactly why I was saying last night that if these demos end up  being my only chance to hear Bucket's work in GNR, then I'm all for them.

I agree 110%

ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2006, 05:19:46 PM »

I sure hope Axl doesn't decide to delete Bucket's parts from the album  no

Even though he left the band, he obviously devoted a lot of time and effort into helping make the music, and Axl probably paid him a pretty penny for it too, it'd be a shame to see all the good work he churned out go to waste  crying
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2006, 05:30:59 PM »

The delay over of the past year concerns me. Finck has been largely M.I.A. indicating that he could have been plugging away at Big B's parts on the album.

It wouldn't surprise me if Bucket were removed. Frankly, if Bucket is not in the band, the album would then be seamless with the live shows.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2006, 05:33:45 PM »

Buckethead is awesome, but I don't think Axl has to worry about being one upped. 
highvoltage
Headliner

MYGNRFORUM Admin

« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2006, 05:42:46 PM »

TWAT is my favourite of the new tunes, and while I find the solos especially gratifying -- It's Axl's vocals that make the song truly special for me. Axl's vocal melody makes the start work, makes it a bit creepy, gives you this weird sense that something is about to happen....

The the end, he whips out that huge voice, honestly hauntingly good -- and it just paves the way for Bucket's solo to round it off. I find those huge notes he hits there to be the true climax of the song.

Buckethead makes IRS, i'll give you that. The song is far from completion, and bucket's solo is one of the only truly interesting things about it. It's a great song, just needs a lot of work.

As for Better - you might as well call the instrumental section "The Buckethead Show" - because that's all it is.

Overall, I wouldn't say Bucket steals Axl's thunder - I think they complemented each other well.

Angus Young - AC/DC
"I'm sick to death of people saying we've made 11 albums that sound exactly the same, when in fact, we've made 12 albums that sound exactly the same."
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2006, 06:42:02 PM »

Axl and Buckethead compliment each other well, both versatile performers who can do a variety of different styles in their mediums  ok

I don't see how anyone who hears the his TWAT outro can say his guitarwork is robotic and without feeling.  Just because the man is capable of, and fond of, playing extremely fast, shredding and making robotic sound effects, doesn't mean he's incapable of playing bluesy and emotional solos too  smoking
Nick722
Headliner

« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2006, 06:53:26 PM »

Uhh, didn't Dizzy say Buckets parts were still on the album?
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2006, 07:17:29 PM »

Uhh, didn't Dizzy say Buckets parts were still on the album?

back in october of 05.  nervous

badapple81
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2006, 09:04:35 PM »

I certainly hope they are.

I knew nothing of Bucketheads work before he joined GN'R. These demos made me go on kazaa and download his solo stuff. Very very impressed  ok

I don't think he has stolen Axl's thunder at all. He compliments the music perfectly. A bit like the Axl and Slash of the day.. like Estranged.. killer guitar solos by Slash which complimented the music and Axl's vocals perfectly. People think of it as a GN'R glassic, not a Slash classic. Buckethead certainly has impressed in these demos, hope we get to hear more of him.
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2006, 09:06:25 PM »

I certainly hope they are.

I knew nothing of Bucketheads work before he joined GN'R. These demos made me go on kazaa and download his solo stuff. Very very impressed  ok

I don't think he has stolen Axl's thunder at all. He compliments the music perfectly. A bit like the Axl and Slash of the day.. like Estranged.. killer guitar solos by Slash which complimented the music and Axl's vocals perfectly. People think of it as a GN'R glassic, not a Slash classic. Buckethead certainly has impressed in these demos, hope we get to hear more of him.

maybe now that you have "sampled" his music and like it you should go out and buy the original albums.  ok

badapple81
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2006, 09:12:57 PM »

I may well. I downloaded about 2 or 3 tracks to see what they were like. They were melow sounding songs but just beautiful. I'm keen to hear some of the heavier stuff too first  ok
Steel_Angel
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2006, 09:15:59 PM »

Buckethead is pretty much ruling these new leaked tunes. TWAT is a one-man show as far as I'm concerned, and that man is Buckethead. He also owns IRS. I know it's a tiny clip, but it sounds like he could own CITR too...

My question is:

..."is Buckethead stealing Axl's thunder"...

How will Axl feel when "Chinese Democracy" is released and most people are talking about the guitar playing of someone who isn't even in the band anymore...?? confused

Its funny that everything that axl touches is gold,? but theres always some dumbfuck that wants to pin it on somebody else.

The point is, dumbfuck, that these tunes are gold because of Buckethead.

Axl is great on these too but Bucket owns these leaks.
........ thats your fucking opinion. Axl owns..
badapple81
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2006, 09:16:55 PM »

I'd say it's 50-50  Wink
blasphemer
Banned
Rocker

Are You A Dead MonkeY?

« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2006, 09:17:50 PM »

Buckethead is pretty much ruling these new leaked tunes. TWAT is a one-man show as far as I'm concerned, and that man is Buckethead. He also owns IRS. I know it's a tiny clip, but it sounds like he could own CITR too...

My question is:

..."is Buckethead stealing Axl's thunder"...

How will Axl feel when "Chinese Democracy" is released and most people are talking about the guitar playing of someone who isn't even in the band anymore...?  confused

Its funny that everything that axl touches is gold,  but theres always some dumbfuck that wants to pin it on somebody else.

The point is, dumbfuck, that these tunes are gold because of Buckethead.

Axl is great on these too but Bucket owns these leaks.
........ thats your fucking opinion. Axl owns..
LOL

Kayne West qoute "George Bush dont like black people".  Kayne West is like the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Shes a gold digger says it all.  His mind, his ideas, his art, is nothing short of genius.
Steel_Angel
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2006, 09:18:12 PM »

but i must admit Bucketheads solo in "better" is great.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2006, 09:22:13 PM »

stealing? well if that's the case, Im sure Axl's got his lawyers on it already!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
estranged.1098
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2006, 09:31:02 PM »

I hope his parts are removed from Chinese Democracy (the song) and Better at least.
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2006, 09:38:37 PM »

if buckets parts remain,but hes out the band then how will that work for the live shows.personally i think buckets parts have been removed (not that i would have chosen to remove them,coz i like bucket) and there will be a new guitarist doing the parts in his own style.that is why axl doesnt seem too bothered about the leaks coz the demos proberbly dont sound anything like the songs do anymore.

thats jus my 2 cents

ps,i think that bucket only stands out when axl isnt singing.as soon as axl sings he steals the credits for the song. peace
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 09:40:19 PM by MR W,AXL ROSE » Logged

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2006, 11:20:02 PM »

Guys I know the playing is distinctive, and it may sound like Bucket or Finck, but there is no proof whatsoever, that Buckethead or Robin for that case is playing on these demos. Robin could be playing all of those leads, noone really knows.

They just thought Id know better. Better.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2006, 12:42:28 AM »

i just think that whichever songs have buckethead will be reworked or changed live when they play them, so the guitars will be somewhat different live. not a huge deal to me, although i do miss buckethead being there.
what would be wrong with that?

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: