Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 02:46:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Why not America???
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why not America???  (Read 24074 times)
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2006, 04:03:02 PM »

America has never had the kind of festival schedule that europe has , probably never will
what do you do, go on a tour and play for 10,000 people a night in the states,
 or kick it off playing huge festivals in countrys that still love and support rock n roll
america has to forget about this whole Gangsta mentallity hip hop dance shit
and realize that whiggers are white people, and they did not grow up in the ghetto
this is not your culture, stop supporting this lame excuse for music, and get back into your own culture and support rock n roll    beer beer

Actually, the roots of rock n' roll are with african americans....but I digress Smiley

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
damnsmooth
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2006, 04:03:24 PM »

I have to admit that I miss Slash too but I am just very excited to hear Axl again.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2006, 04:05:23 PM »

Also All of europe is smaller than America. so its easy to go from like france or england to germany, whereas not so easy say to get from tennessee to texas

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2006, 04:07:14 PM »

Also All of europe is smaller than America. so its easy to go from like france or england to germany, whereas not so easy say to get from tennessee to texas

it's quite easy to go from tennessee to texas hihi
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2006, 04:10:17 PM »

Why the fuck are they playing all these foreign festivals and doing nothing here in the states?  I guess they say jealousy will eat you alive and it's definately getting to me.  I mean c'mon I want to see them too, without having to fly halfway around the world to do it.  Just my personal rant, anyone else feel the same?

i think remember the US not enjoying GN'R Live in 2002 except for MSG the rest of the venues had poor sales all over. so i guess that might be a reason. and all the awful reviews in the US didn't help. besides the first leg of the 2002 tour was amazing. both for crowd reaction and for reviews, so i guess they miss a warm audience and people who actually care.

I think you hit the nail on the head.....in addition to being a warm up for the states (he HAS to tour here eventually), the european fanbase has been very very good to Axl and have showed him nothing but love.  Us Americans are very fickle, we love our heroes one day and hate them with a passion the next...very short memories.  Its not what have you done for me lately, its what have you done for me TODAY.  Why do you think there hasn't been a big band or even a type of music in the past 20 years....grunge, gangsta rap, techno, emo, ska...they are all 2-3 year fads -- we are a very ADD society. 

I hope he kicks ass over seas and fine tunes the mistakes he made in 2002.  And yes, the MSG show was amazing Smiley  I wonder if the days of arena rock are numbered though....other then festivals I can only think of a handful of bands that still sell out major arenas (U2, the stones).  I think if CD is released and gets favorable reviews, they can get back to that level. 

He really does need to cut down on the cancelled gigs though and the riots and what not....this really will be his last shot at salvaging his concert reputation.

nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2006, 04:11:27 PM »

I think GNR should start with a canadian tour... hihi

Sweet Grin

Toronto, then Hamilton, then london, ontario, then ottawa, then Toronto again then windsor Grin

awesome ok

What about calgary?  or vancouver?  you guys from ontario think you're the only place that matters in canada?

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2006, 04:12:39 PM »

I just think the 2002 tour in the usa was run like shit and the band acted like they didn't even care publicity wise.. CD world tour with no album or music during a comeback.. ?Not the best idea, this isn't 91 where you can tour because you are still highly in demand..
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2006, 04:15:58 PM »

^^^totally agree, like i said, i hope they learned from their mistakes.  I also think it'd be good to space out the shows so axl can rest up his body and more importantly his voice.  If they don't open in MSG (or philly to say I'm sorry?) I think they're nuts.  start it off with a sell out and a great review (NY will show nothing but love).

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2006, 04:18:15 PM »

^^^totally agree, like i said, i hope they learned from their mistakes.? I also think it'd be good to space out the shows so axl can rest up his body and more importantly his voice.? If they don't open in MSG (or philly to say I'm sorry?) I think they're nuts.? start it off with a sell out and a great review (NY will show nothing but love).

would be cool to see them first.. yes  I still wish they didn't waste a closing of a vmas.. That was a great start last time.. If axl gave kurt loder some concrete time period the world would have seen that interview 500 times
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2006, 04:18:53 PM »

I think he ment from tennesse to ALaska hihi

Because TN and TX are pretty fucking close peace
damnsmooth
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2006, 04:22:45 PM »

^^^totally agree, like i said, i hope they learned from their mistakes.? I also think it'd be good to space out the shows so axl can rest up his body and more importantly his voice.? If they don't open in MSG (or philly to say I'm sorry?) I think they're nuts.? start it off with a sell out and a great review (NY will show nothing but love).

would be cool to see them first.. yes? I still wish they didn't waste a closing of a vmas.. That was a great start last time.. If axl gave kurt loder some concrete time period the world would have seen that interview 500 times

Is there anything coming up that could give them another jumpstart like that?  Hopefully with a better performance by Axl this time Grin
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2006, 04:22:48 PM »

Partly due to perhaps showing Clear Channel that GNR will show up on time.? But thats my theory.? Mainly because Europe has all the good festivals in the summer.

That and most Europeon music fans still appreciate good rock/metal unlike the vast majority of goofy shit that makes waves here in the states. ?I respect Europe alot for that.

No disrespect to you Shuffle, but I highly doubt Axl gives a rat's ass about what Clear Channel thinks.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 04:33:07 PM by Kayoss » Logged

jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2006, 04:23:14 PM »

If and when they do come to the states, they should do smaller gigs rather than the arenas. ?And when he gets to NYC, make it 3-4 shows over the course of a week or so.

And whoever does the schedule should make sure he goes to Philly 1st, than NYC, when it's reversed, he seems to get distracted rofl hihi

damnsmooth
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2006, 04:29:23 PM »

If and when they do come to the states, they should do smaller gigs rather than the arenas. ?And when he gets to NYC, make it 3-4 shows over the course of a week or so.

And whoever does the schedule should make sure he goes to Philly 1st, than NYC, when it's reversed, he seems to get distracted rofl hihi

Philly deserves it more anyway.
phreakofnature
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2006, 05:10:30 PM »

Why the fuck are they playing all these foreign festivals and doing nothing here in the states?? I guess they say jealousy will eat you alive and it's definately getting to me.? I mean c'mon I want to see them too, without having to fly halfway around the world to do it.? Just my personal rant, anyone else feel the same?

Havnen't you always heard, "Save the best for last"
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2006, 05:16:42 PM »

I think he ment from tennesse to ALaska hihi

Because TN and TX are pretty fucking close peace

lol Texas to Detroit then Tongue I don't know American geography at all.

besides it's prolly close to an 11 hour drive cuz from Ontario to Kentucky takes that long and it looks about the same distance from Gatlinburg (sp?) to Dallas or Fortworth Tongue

F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2006, 05:26:47 PM »

I think GNR should start with a canadian tour... hihi

Sweet Grin

Toronto, then Hamilton, then london, ontario, then ottawa, then Toronto again then windsor Grin

awesome ok

What about calgary?? or vancouver?? you guys from ontario think you're the only place that matters in canada?

Yes hihi Just kidding.
If they do come to Canada they should play at least three shows.
Hamilton,Toronto and repay Vancouver for what happened in 2002.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
plasmabeam
Rocker

"There livin' fast and they'll die young!"

« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2006, 05:35:51 PM »

AMERICA MUST PAY FOR EMBRACING RAP ALL THESE YEARS? yes

But why should I suffer...?  no

I've worked too hard for my illusions
Just to throw them all away
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2006, 05:42:39 PM »

umm if you wanna know why not america go listen to what people are saying about the new stuff on WAAF...

Screw the Slash fans, they just need to learn how to accept reality.

why is it that anyone who isn't fond of the new songs instantly has to be a slash fan or someone with no taste musically? Can anyone just not like the songs, is that impossible to just not like them...? Not everyone sits around allowing them to grow on them or gives them 25 listens..

I have passed the links to many forums, had a few people listen and not everyone likes the songs.. Why does anyone care what others think.. Imagine people who like slash giving an opinion on gnr tunes hihi

Well, you're not crazy about them and you're a contraband fan  hihi
Face it, if someone doesn't like axl there's a big chance that someone is yelling WHERE IS SLASH ?? Tongue

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2006, 05:48:02 PM »

umm if you wanna know why not america go listen to what people are saying about the new stuff on WAAF...

Screw the Slash fans, they just need to learn how to accept reality.

why is it that anyone who isn't fond of the new songs instantly has to be a slash fan or someone with no taste musically? Can anyone just not like the songs, is that impossible to just not like them...? Not everyone sits around allowing them to grow on them or gives them 25 listens..

I have passed the links to many forums, had a few people listen and not everyone likes the songs.. Why does anyone care what others think.. Imagine people who like slash giving an opinion on gnr tunes hihi

Well, you're not crazy about them and you're a contraband fan? hihi
Face it, if someone doesn't like axl there's a big chance that someone is yelling WHERE IS SLASH ?? Tongue

But I do like all the songs, just some more then others.. I don't do crazy anymore, it would take a lot for me these days to just slobber on some song like I once did..  Well you should have seen me at msg, I didn't sit for a second..

I will not say that some slash lover won't diss an axl only song, but I will also say many people just dion't like axl rose to begin with

these are just random people.. I think older bands sometimes just get that when they make a return..
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: