Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 12:29:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Why not America???
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why not America???  (Read 24063 times)
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2006, 05:52:04 PM »

And some people just don't think the new music is all that earthshattering peace
littlewing
Headliner

« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2006, 06:02:38 PM »

No disrespect to you Shuffle, but I highly doubt Axl gives a rat's ass about what Clear Channel thinks.

It doesn't really matter whether Axl cares or not. Clear Channel controls a very large percentage of US concert venues, if not the majority of them. They have to be shown that the band can be counted on.
W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2006, 06:04:38 PM »

It's smart of whoever to not have GNR play America.

Nobody here cares & most think Whaxl is a 45 year old whigga! hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
damnsmooth
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2006, 06:07:42 PM »

It's smart of whoever to not have GNR play America.

Nobody here cares & most think Whaxl is a 45 year old whigga! hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi

And to think, I started this thread for at least semi-intelligent conversation.
Mustapha
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2006, 06:10:22 PM »

AMERICA MUST PAY FOR EMBRACING RAP ALL THESE YEARS? yes

BRILLIANT post  rofl rofl
BD888
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2006, 06:15:13 PM »

People will be too judgemental in the US, here in the ROTW (The Rest of the World) we like to go to a concert for a good time!
W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2006, 06:16:46 PM »

Sorry it's not what you want to hear, but IMO, it's the truth. Most sane people in America put Axl in the same class as a Mike Tyson or a Bobby Knight. People who were once great at what they did, but are now way past their primes & more than a little crazy.

So, it's a good idea to play other continents where Axl seems to still have some credibility.

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2006, 06:18:19 PM »

umm if you wanna know why not america go listen to what people are saying about the new stuff on WAAF...

Face it, if someone doesn't like axl there's a big chance that someone is yelling WHERE IS SLASH ?? Tongue

But I do like all the songs, just some more then others.. I don't do crazy anymore, it would take a lot for me these days to just slobber on some song like I once did..  Well you should have seen me at msg, I didn't sit for a second..

I don't think ANYONE was sitting at MSG.  I hope you weren't in the row in front of me as my friends and were drinking the entire night and didn't want to miss a song, so we just pissed right on the wall (we were all the way up in the 300s).  I'm surprised I remember that night as well as i do haha.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
littlewing
Headliner

« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2006, 06:20:46 PM »

Sorry it's not what you want to hear, but IMO, it's the truth. Most sane people in America put Axl in the same class as a Mike Tyson or a Bobby Knight. People who were once great at what they did, but are now way past their primes & more than a little crazy.

So, it's a good idea to play other continents where Axl seems to still have some credibility.

I kind of agree. I think the band can get back to a higher level of popularity in the US if the album is good and if they can actually show up for their gigs. But it's been too long and lots of people have forgotten about them or are too young to even know about them. It's going to be an uphill battle to regain the US fanbase.
tp4ever84
Headliner

GNR For Fucking Ever

« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2006, 06:22:02 PM »

Why don't we have any big festivals here in the States?
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2006, 06:23:13 PM »

People will be too judgemental in the US, here in the ROTW (The Rest of the World) we like to go to a concert for a good time!

So do the peple here in the US, typically that means having the band show up
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2006, 06:29:59 PM »

Why don't we have any big festivals here in the States?

rock is more or less dead in the states -- if you had a ton of bands play in a festival it would either be a bunch of bands with small followings or a bunch of has beens who nobody cares about anymore

and the last BIG festival we had here led to a massive riot with tons of damage (woodstock).  Us Yanks know how to party! haha

damnsmooth
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2006, 06:32:46 PM »

What about Ozzfest?
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2006, 06:35:21 PM »

Ozzfest works for me Smiley  Will GNR headline though?  Will Axl want to be underneath someone elses umbrella (ozzy).  I don't see him doing it.

A solo tour with an opening act gives him more flexability to do his own thing, which we all know he loves to do.

littlewing
Headliner

« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2006, 06:38:45 PM »

Ozzfest works for me Smiley  Will GNR headline though?  Will Axl want to be underneath someone elses umbrella (ozzy).  I don't see him doing it.

A solo tour with an opening act gives him more flexability to do his own thing, which we all know he loves to do.

Ozzfest might draw in bigger crowds than GNR could on its own (for the time being). But I'd rather they do smaller venues and work their way back up. I hate sitting through a bunch of other bands and the shortened sets.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2006, 06:39:10 PM »

What about calgary?? or vancouver?? you guys from ontario think you're the only place that matters in canada?

Ummmm, ahhhh, Hey, how 'bout Women's Olympic hockey team? And our Men's team today? Grin Go Canada Go!!!

seriously though, all canada matters. I meant that they should do those places whilst touring Canada. And for sure they should set the record straight in Vancouver and Montreal. ok

SOLGER
Rocker

LIVE N? LET DIE

« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2006, 06:53:13 PM »

I think Axl will tour america when C.D is out. I think the album will be a musical revolution. Amercia the way I see it has the chance to se a better performance than Europe...why? Because in this early gigs lots of things go wrong.."sound wise" and with all this new technology GNR has probably it will be a little time before they get used to it or able to control it perfectly in a live situation.

Live N' Let Die
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2006, 06:54:06 PM »

What about Ozzfest?

I think with Ozzfest they can play maybe a max of 1 1/2 hours and in my opinion it just wouldn't have the same "feel" seeing Axl at Ozzfest. ?And could you imaine the clash of egos between Sharon Ozbourne and Axl? ?My God it would be Nuclear. rofl

damnsmooth
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2006, 07:02:15 PM »

What about Ozzfest?

I think with Ozzfest they can play maybe a max of 1 1/2 hours and in my opinion it just wouldn't have the same "feel" seeing Axl at Ozzfest. ?And could you imaine the clash of egos between Sharon Ozbourne and Axl? ?My God it would be Nuclear. rofl

Yes, but it would be entertaining.
badapple81
« Reply #79 on: February 21, 2006, 07:03:16 PM »

I'm sure Axl will do the first actual tour dates in the US. I think these festival dates are just warm ups.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: