Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 06:40:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl's voice through the years of recording
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl's voice through the years of recording  (Read 1755 times)
Tonrey
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: March 08, 2006, 05:07:51 PM »

If, indeed this CD has been in production for years would it be noticable to hear changes in Axl's voice depending on when it was recorded?

Edited to make subject reasonable.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 07:14:03 PM by AdZ » Logged
kaddisonmoore
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 05:31:11 PM »

i think they would go back and remaster it so you wont notice as much

the hardest part this troubled heart has ever yet been through now...
http://www.invisionplus.net/forums/index.php?mforum=icecream&act=idx
Greatest Fucking Forum Ever Made By Myself and a friend
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 05:48:37 PM »

its almost official that the record will contain material from the "axl rose production" 2002-2004(?) and almost nothing or nothing from the seab beavan and RTB productions stage... so the voice we will hear is from the last recordings and not from 1999.. or 2000

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 05:49:31 PM »

He said his voice is a lot cleaner than it was in the UYI/Spaghetti Incident? days. The rasp in his voice is still noticeable but is a lot less prominent from 15 years ago.
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 05:51:28 PM »

He said his voice is a lot cleaner than it was in the UYI/Spaghetti Incident? days. The rasp in his voice is still noticeable but is a lot less prominent from 15 years ago.

seems like it.  Smiley

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 05:53:16 PM »

Usually vocals are done dead last.  So, i would say his vocals on CD would be pretty current.  But the demos on the other hand, who knows.

A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2006, 06:08:58 PM »

If, indeed this CD has been in production for years would it be noticable to hear changes in Axl's voice depending on when it was recorded?

Probably depends on the sound they are looking for on each individual track and if it's not what Axl is looking for he'll maybe re-record it. If he recorded something in 1997 and his voice compliments the track then it will probably stay on. As for whether it'll be noticeable to hear changes then i doubt it. The leaks show when he wants to his voice can sound very similar to the AFD days so a noticieable change in sound between say 96 and 06 is unlikely imo.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2006, 06:35:31 PM »

the material has been re-recorded during last 3 years

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
ElNonoPololo
Headliner

Here Today...I guess

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2006, 08:06:03 PM »

Mmm..Interesting. Who knows if he?ll keep any of the vocals he?s recorded so far. For all we know, he may scratch them all and start over again nervous

On the other hand, I think Axl?s voice has changed through the years in slowly, but steadily. You can easily tell live, but he can probably sound like old Axl given enough time in studio (which he definite had... hihi) It?s not like Robert Plant?s voice, which kinda got ruined in 73. If you listen to Physical Graffiti, you can pick up the tracks that were recorded before 73 (like Houses of the Holy, leftovers) and the ones from the 75 sessions (like Trampled Underfoot). Plant lost power, range and his voice sounded way more rugged in the latter ones.

Of course, if an album containing all the CD demos recorded through the years ever surfaces, we?ll be able to compare how his voice changed during the whole thing, but otherwise CD won?t sound like a ??cut and paste?? job.

Although Axl did say something about his vocals on the record not being what people would expect from him...who knows.. Huh.Maybe he?ll go chipmunk on us.

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!!
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2006, 08:12:55 PM »

Although Axl did say something about his vocals on the record not being what people would expect from him...who knows.. Huh.Maybe he?ll go chipmunk on us.

like the beginning of better for instance. that's axl's voice ran through a voice processor. he might use voice processors on a few songs. it'll be interesting to hear i'm sure.
Christian
VIP

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2006, 08:16:48 PM »

well,
i think that the rasp in axl's voice will came during the shows.
I mean..
in 87, 88 he screamed a lot, but he voice had no rasp (little rasp, i mean)
in 90,91 his voice had distorcion (rasp, drive)
in 2002, his voice was getting more distorcion in the last shows... You can hear in Toronto or MSG and than compare to that first US show (Tacoma Dome)

sorry for the bad english
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2006, 10:10:48 PM »

i thought his voice sounded terrible in the tokyo 92' dvd's. it was too raspy. SCOM sounded awful in that dvd. but for the most part i have always loved his voice.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 10:13:07 PM by Axlfreek » Logged

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: