Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 11:12:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228005 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Mysteron, if you want to whack the press, start with MTV!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mysteron, if you want to whack the press, start with MTV!!  (Read 20423 times)
Minneapolisnewsman
« on: March 13, 2006, 08:56:00 PM »

Their latest headline, implies that Axl is "Uncreative and Unoriginal."? In fact, they state it.? Very, very misleading, and really either implicit bs, or just plain laziness on the editors part.? Anyway's, this is something that they should be blasted about.? Really pathetic journalism, that can be corrected.? Borderline libel.?

Glad to know Scott is hitting "uncreative & unoriginal" folks.?

Read the headline of this story, and one get's the impression that this is a Republican think tank, hammering the Democrat's on the Drudge report.? This stuff is big business, that's why there might be more to this headline than meet's the eye ($$$$$)!

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1525967/20060313/velvet_revolver.jhtml?headlines=true

« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 09:12:26 AM by Minneapolisnewsman » Logged
SOH
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 08:58:26 PM »

The quotes imply that Scott was saying it.
boston
Rocker

diytvrocks.com

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 08:58:43 PM »

it is in quotations though,
 it is implied that Scott W. said it, which is the truth

D.I.Y. TV SITE LINK

http://www.diytvrocks.com
misterbrownstone
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 08:58:53 PM »

yea, supposidly SLASH said that, neither MTV or the twat himself (weiland) have seemed to notice that.
lul
Headliner

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 09:01:02 PM »

this is old news

Time is wasted when you are wasted all the time
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2006, 09:06:05 PM »

Borderline libel.

hihi

Sure it is.  ok
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2006, 09:08:30 PM »

Guy's without the quotes it implies he hit an "uncreative, unoriginal" guy named Axl.  Bad headline, and not written correctly.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2006, 09:11:38 PM »

I told you guys the media would start picking up on this story. The GNR camp sent out an edited press release to the media that didnt include the Slash VR bullshit. They sent that to us. Weiland delivers a major blow, and you guys act like the media would ignore it. Thats funny. Weiland made some serious comments in his statement, and the media will not ignore it. Just wait until the new issues of all the magazines come out. It will be a shit storm.

I'm sure the GNR camp regrets mentioning what occured on that fateful morning in October. No way in hell did they expect such a response from Weiland. Whether you like him ?or not, Weiland walks the walk. Not only did he insult Axl worse than any other celebrity dare to, he called his bluff on CD.

Dont expect Mysteron or Merck to start requesting that everyone attack various forms of media for reporting the Weiland retaliation. Its a new ball game, and they know it. Sending out attack lapdogs would only infuriate Weiland more, and the last thing the GNR PR machine needs is another serious blow from Weiland.

My advice to GNR: Just ignore the Weiland statements, and concentrate on finishing the album. A kick ass album will shut Weiland up more than any rant or press release ever could.

Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2006, 09:14:47 PM »

yea, supposidly SLASH said that, neither MTV or the twat himself (weiland) have seemed to notice that.

keyword is a mispelled supposedly.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2006, 09:17:28 PM »

James, I get what you're saying, but Weiland has kind of put himself in an akward position. I think its still curious that Slash hasn't responded yet. What if it ended up being true and proven?

Plus, Axl has to respond. With all the negative press with Weiland (the Hoobastank singer saying what an arrogant prick he is, the drug past and the confusion of VR camp on what kind of album they're making) I think Axl might have the advantage in the war of words department. He shouldn't stay silent.

My guess is a rant from the stage.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2006, 09:34:22 PM »

but Weiland has kind of put himself in an akward position.
Actually, its the opposite. Axl is in the awkward position.
I think its still curious that Slash hasn't responded yet.
I dont. As I stated in the Weiland thread, Slash is not going to be baited into playing games, which was the obvious intention of the last section of Axl's press release. They can use the trial for game playing.
Plus, Axl has to respond.
Why? So Weiland can deliver more reality checks?
I think Axl might have the advantage in the war of words department.
Thats funny. Go read both statements again.
My guess is a rant from the stage.
Talk the talk? Been there , done that. Time to walk the walk.

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2006, 09:42:40 PM »

Slash wouldn't be baited into a pissing contest. A statement is not being baited into anything. He could do it in a very professional manner. Or at least just deny them. But its his decision.

What I really don't understand is your comment that Scott walks the walk... How is issuing a written statement walking the walk, and how does that differ from talking about it on stage? That makes no sense to me. Walking the walk is saying it right to Axl's face.

The last thing Weiland needs are his own reality checks.

And for the record, Axl hasn't made a statement about Scott. First of all its not even from Axl. Scott's was straight from his own mouth. And again, it wasn't directed at Scott,? and going on Axl's past rants on people... Axl isn't the one to have to back down from insults.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 09:52:22 PM by misterID » Logged

kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2006, 09:49:45 PM »

I told you guys the media would start picking up on this story. The GNR camp sent out an edited press release to the media that didnt include the Slash VR bullshit. They sent that to us. Weiland delivers a major blow, and you guys act like the media would ignore it. Thats funny. Weiland made some serious comments in his statement, and the media will not ignore it. Just wait until the new issues of all the magazines come out. It will be a shit storm.

I'm sure the GNR camp regrets mentioning what occured on that fateful morning in October. No way in hell did they expect such a response from Weiland. Whether you like him ?or not, Weiland walks the walk. Not only did he insult Axl worse than any other celebrity dare to, he called his bluff on CD.

Dont expect Mysteron or Merck to start requesting that everyone attack various forms of media for reporting the Weiland retaliation. Its a new ball game, and they know it. Sending out attack lapdogs would only infuriate Weiland more, and the last thing the GNR PR machine needs is another serious blow from Weiland.

My advice to GNR: Just ignore the Weiland statements, and concentrate on finishing the album. A kick ass album will shut Weiland up more than any rant or press release ever could.

James, go back to the Weiland thread and re-read my original comments. This is actually what I spelled out there. I said right away come monday, MTV's website and a few other sources would pick it up, and few real mainstream sources.

That's exactly what has happened. MTV and antimusic picked it up (antimusic recycled KNAC's story) and you won't hear any more after the next two to three days. That's what happens when a story breaks late before the weekend.

The MTV story also alleges Slash was supposed to release a statement and failed to do so.
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2006, 09:54:21 PM »

By the way, Rolling Stone's website has an article also, a tiny mention as I suspected. 4 sentences.

"Axl Rose, Scott Weiland Get Slaphappy

GUNS N' ROSES frontman AXL ROSE filed court papers earlier this month in an attempt to gain all ownership of the band's back catalog. The move -- in response to an earlier lawsuit filed by Rose's former bandmates SLASH and DUFF McKAGAN alleging that the reclusive singer stiffed them out of their share of the multimillion-dollar publishing deal -- has sparked a heated media battle between Rose and his former bandmates' current group, VELVET REVOLVER. Last week, Rose fired the first shots, releasing a statement in which he claimed Slash had called McKagan "spineless" and Velvet Revolver frontman SCOTT WEILAND "a fraud." In response, Weiland posted a statement on his band's Web site in which he called Rose a "fat, Botox-faced, wig-wearin' fuck" and claimed that the Rose has an "unoriginal, uncreative little mind.""

That came under some 50 cent story.

Oh, and if more stories come out like the RS one, Weiland definitely is gonna come off looking like a child throwing a tantrum...
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2006, 10:00:24 PM »

What I really don't understand is your comment that Scott walks the walk..
I consider a high profile star calling Axl's bluff after 13 years of nothing "walking the walk". He could have just stuck to insults or not say anything, but he didnt. There is substance in his comments. Go read it again.
Slash wouldn't be baited into a pissing contest. A statement is not being baited into anything.
Sure it is. They have a trial coming up. Why play games now?
Walking the walk is saying it right to Axl's face.
Then why didnt Axl take his comments and say them to Slash or the other members of VR's faces? When Axl made his press release, you guys were praising it. But when Weiland does it, he's a pussy and a fag? Sorry, that dog wont hunt. You cant have it both ways.
The last thing Weiland needs are his own reality checks.
I look forward to Axl delivering a "reality check" to a man that has put out album after album and completed tour after tour since 1992. That will be a very interesting "reality check".
And for the record, Axl hasn't made a statement about Scott. First of all its not even from Axl, like Scott's was, and again, it wasn't directed at Scott..
Sure it was. Axl's press release mentions things that if true, should have remained private. The comments mention Slash and members of VR, and with no way to prove Slash said them, its hearsay. Its just like Axl making the comments himself.
and going on Axl's past rants on people... Axl isn't the one to have to back down from insults.
The last thing the situation needs is a rant. It just proves some of Weiland's comments. It would just be more talk. Action speaks louder than words when being called out, and you want more talk?
James, go back to the Weiland thread and re-read my original comments. This is actually what I spelled out there. I said right away come monday, MTV's website and a few other sources would pick it up, and few real mainstream sources.

and you won't hear any more after the next two to three days. That's what happens when a story breaks late before the weekend.
I remember what you said, and go re-read my comments. I said that the publicity for this has only begun. Next month's magazines havent came out yet. The magazines have a bigger audience than a few web sites.

Democratized Canuck
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2006, 10:02:15 PM »

Why would they regret it? ?All they are getting is more publicity. ?There have been plenty of other people to insult Axl in the past and plenty more in the future. ? ?Do you really think Axl thought they wouldn't response? ? Of course he did. ? He'll ride the publicity and laugh at all the attention he is getting for doing nothing but putting out a press release.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2006, 10:09:37 PM »

Why would they regret it? ?All they are getting is more publicity. ?There have been plenty of other people to insult Axl in the past and plenty more in the future. ? ?Do you really think Axl thought they wouldn't response? ? Of course he did. ? He'll ride the publicity and laugh at all the attention he is getting for doing nothing but putting out a press release.
You think Weiland reminding the world about what most of the world already considered a joke(CD) is good publicity? Gimme a break. No one has insulted Axl in this way before. If you believe that, then you need to find an article that lists prior celebrity insults at Axl. When you find something that even comes close to approaching Weiland's comments, please post it in this thread. I would like to see it.
 I'm sure Axl expected a response, but he was likely expecting some games with Slash. Not Weiland giving his loud opinion about the CD saga.
 You think Axl is laughing at Weiland's comments? Thats funny. I seriously doubt that Axl (or other members of GNR) are laughing at those comments.

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2006, 10:18:28 PM »

I hate to tell you this James, but no one is going to take Scott seriously. At all. It's funny, that's about it. And no, I'm not reading it again. Any "substance" was drowned out by the fat-bo-toxed face, wig werain fuck comment that media outlets are responding to the most.

The substance in his comments are that Axl bailed on his tour... and hasn't released an album... ok. No ones never said anything about this before (Jimmy Fallon, Howard Stern, Kelly Osbourne, The Offspring...)  Roll Eyes

I think Hoobastank is making an entire record on Scott's reality check. Scott has been the punchline to many a joke. It doesn't matter how many tours he's completed or albums he's released.

And Axl's press release was about a lawsuit that gained a lot of attention. Which was a valid statement that was released by his lawyer. Just like his lawsuit for the car dealership had a press release. It wasn't a direct attack on VR, like Scott's was on Axl. And I only said he was in his legal right to make a counter claim. Why don't you go read my comments.

And this discussion is retarded. Don't say anything back! Fear the Weiland and his forth grade insults!

jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2006, 10:22:42 PM »

Fear the Weiland and his forth grade insults!

Is that like the the Axl and his high school "ooh, ooh, guess what Slash said?"

Like he said can't have it both ways.
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2006, 10:24:52 PM »

As much as the media hates Weiland, it looks like they have his back on this statement. They are quoting and requoting all of his putdowns of Axl. I dont see how this can benefit Axl or GNR in any way.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: