Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 09:34:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228010 Posts in 43257 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Duff Mckagan Responds To AXL ROSE
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Duff Mckagan Responds To AXL ROSE  (Read 79205 times)
McDuff
« Reply #380 on: March 17, 2006, 01:35:18 AM »

Its ok to speculate as to the comments and their application to a law suit, but its kinda retarded to claim that anyone in this entire forum knows if any comments have credibility or not.  We clearly do not know all the facts in this situation - if anyone thinks we know the entire story behind the law suit, axl and slash's relationship, past and present then they are probably sorely mistaken.  These are very proud, egotistical, somewhat selfish individuals we are dealing with - to think either side would be 100% open and honest with the public is just simply absurd.

Now that post was the best one that I've read,and ofcourse none of use know the whole truth about anything that went on or didn't go on  peace
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #381 on: March 17, 2006, 01:37:55 AM »

Now that post was the best one that I've read,
You've never read any of my posts??

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #382 on: March 17, 2006, 01:45:26 PM »

Regardless of whether Slash or Duff have any "credibilty", these statements from Axl's lawyers still have no relevance to the trial. I wish you (and several others would realize that. Someone needs to back me up on this, because its the truth.

phone ?BookerFloyd? You there?
james ... you don't want an 'Anti-Axl' like Booker backing you up because peoples will just say "well youze just disagree with everything Axl does."? You need an 'Axl-Zealot' to back you up ... so here I beez wave

Anyways...

All the Slash/Duff credibility issues were already addressed in the rest of that press release so there is absolutely ZERO justification for that "October" paragraph - true or not -? being in there.? I would think that Axl was/is really emotional n' hot n' bothered over all the?SnD shit and who knows whatever else BUT I think it was up to the lawyer to get it thru to Axl why "that" paragraph should NOT be included.? The last person in the world you want to be an ass-kissing yes-man is your lawyer.

As an 'Axl-Zealot',?I would back him up on just about anything ... but "that" paragraph being published just makes me want to vomit.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #383 on: March 17, 2006, 01:56:19 PM »

Regardless of whether Slash or Duff have any "credibilty", these statements from Axl's lawyers still have no relevance to the trial. I wish you (and several others would realize that. Someone needs to back me up on this, because its the truth.

james ... you don't want an 'Anti-Axl' like Booker backing you up because peoples will just say "well youze just disagree with everything Axl does."? You need an 'Axl-Zealot' to back you up ... so here I beez wave

Anyways...

All the Slash/Duff credibility issues were already addressed in the rest of that press release so there is absolutely ZERO justification for that "October" paragraph - true or not -? being in there.? I would think that Axl was/is really emotional n' hot n' bothered over all the?SnD shit and who knows whatever else BUT I think it was up to the lawyer to get it thru to Axl why "that" paragraph should NOT be included.? The last person in the world you want to be an ass-kissing yes-man is your lawyer.

As an 'Axl-Zealot',?I would back him up on just about anything ... but "that" paragraph being published just makes me want to vomit.
Great post. beer You should have backed me up earlier in this thread when I was being attacked by vultures. hihi
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 01:58:00 PM by jameslofton29 » Logged

Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #384 on: March 17, 2006, 05:54:27 PM »

Actually, if you'd like help understanding the press release I suggest that you read the press release thread. Eva GnRAxlRosette already owned that one.? hihi
Good explanation of why it was relevant. Dont just pull statements out of thin air to try and "own" me when you know you cant back it up. I asked a simple question, and you dodged it. End of discussion.

Eva didnt "own" me. I'm still waiting on her to show "the proof in the pudding".

tsk tsk tsk James...? it is you who did not respond to my final post on that subject. 
If i recall your PM correctly..? Lips Sealed

i'll say no more? Grin
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 06:17:46 PM by Eva GnRAxlRosette » Logged
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #385 on: March 17, 2006, 05:57:46 PM »

Its ok to speculate as to the comments and their application to a law suit, but its kinda retarded to claim that anyone in this entire forum knows if any comments have credibility or not.? We clearly do not know all the facts in this situation - if anyone thinks we know the entire story behind the law suit, axl and slash's relationship, past and present then they are probably sorely mistaken.? These are very proud, egotistical, somewhat selfish individuals we are dealing with - to think either side would be 100% open and honest with the public is simply absurd.

Slash and Duffs credibity all point to how their stories are ever changing to the media. So how can they have any credibity when even slash and duff dont know the truth anymore because their stories have changed so many times?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #386 on: March 17, 2006, 06:20:59 PM »

The relevance is that it would go to demonstrate Slash's duplicity....? it goes to credibility at the very least.... not to mention that Axl alludes to Slash confessing to his being wrong about him (Axl).
How does it have anything to do with his credibility? All those statements prove is that its heresay. How will this hold up in court? Even if its been recorded it is irrelevant to this case. The Judge will either deny the motion to admit it, or laugh in Axl's face when he does hear it. As I've said before, NOTHING in Slash's comments have ANYTHING to do with the issues being dealt with at the trial. You should know that, Eva. People need to stop acting like those comments in Axl's press release are the gospel. Just look at the reality of the situation, and not some distorted view that they want you to see.

James YOU said:
Lets live in dreamland for a minute and say its all true. How is Slash saying "Duff is spineless", "Scott is a fraud", and proclaiming Slash's hatred for Matt Sorum relevant to this case? How is a Slash admission at 5: 30 in the morning that Axl is "the stronger" relevant to the case? Just answer it instead of quoting press releases as your answer.

If, as you said we may, take it as true, then it is fact...? ?a fact that Slash is duplicitous.

and James its not hearsay if someone says it to you directly.?
hearsay - Unverified information heard or received from another; rumor.
Law. Evidence based on the reports of others rather than the personal knowledge of a witness and therefore generally not admissible as testimony.

The statements in the press release don't indicate that Axl heard about Slash's comments from someone else.

You can't have it both ways - you're saying all at once -? Even if it's true its meaningless because we don't know if its true.? Huh
lol!? ?

If Slash said these things and, as the statements allude, conceded to being wrong to be waging this legal battle against Axl then it does lend doubt to the veracity of the accusations claimed in Slash's lawsuit.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #387 on: March 18, 2006, 01:05:34 AM »

Actually, if you'd like help understanding the press release I suggest that you read the press release thread. Eva GnRAxlRosette already owned that one.? hihi
Good explanation of why it was relevant. Dont just pull statements out of thin air to try and "own" me when you know you cant back it up. I asked a simple question, and you dodged it. End of discussion.

Eva didnt "own" me. I'm still waiting on her to show "the proof in the pudding".

tsk tsk tsk James...? it is you who did not respond to my final post on that subject.?
If i recall your PM correctly..? Lips Sealed

i'll say no more? Grin
You are correct, Eva. I was going to respond to your last post in that thread, but as you know when its really active around here and alot of threads are created, others get buried. I will now be forced to go discredit the "pudding" you posted. Grin smoking
and James its not hearsay if someone says it to you directly.?
Is there proof? Like I said, if there isnt any proof the conversation took place, then it cant be used in court. Why would he want to use it anyways? Like I've said before, it has nothing to do with the lawsuit? If Axl thinks it does, then Slash needs to bring some irrelevant things to the trial like Stephanie Seymour and Erin Everly. They can be used as an example of Axl's "character".
« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 01:55:04 AM by jameslofton29 » Logged

W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #388 on: March 18, 2006, 01:12:06 AM »

Anyways...

I knew you'd come around GS. You are my kind of slut!

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #389 on: March 18, 2006, 11:23:58 AM »

I knew you'd come around GS. You are my kind of slut!

First of all ... I'm everybody's kind of slut ... that's why I get paid the big bucks!? Wink

Second ... I STILL believe that Slash and Duff ARE WRONG IN EVERY ISSUE OF EVERY LAWSUIT against Axl and that Slash is scum for going crying to Axl behind Duff's back because he thinks Duff likes Scotty best.? What kind of pussy shit is that?? Slash is the spineless one for not standing up to Duff and Scott if he doesn't like the way things are being done in VR.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #390 on: March 18, 2006, 11:32:01 AM »

Is there proof? Like I said, if there isnt any proof the conversation took place, then it cant be used in court.

Axl doesnt need a third party to validate a first hand account. If this visit becomes an issue in court he could testify to this directly. Slash and Duff can contend that he is making it up the conversation  but then of course the issue would come down to credibility. The jury would believe whomever is more credible.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #391 on: March 18, 2006, 11:34:58 AM »

No one even knows what really happened, no one knows what was said beside whatever axl claims.... Honestly who gives a ?flying fuck, axl's talking about what slash said when axl is supposed to be breaking out a record that never comes out, or the fact tour dates are up and he never talks about them, how the band situation is (as in is there any new members for guitar), are there any singles on the way, are they shooting a video etc etc etc... That's what is important, not what slash thinks of duff or matt or scott.... The fans have been patiently waiting forever, there's more important shit to talk about when you rarely speak then to talk about this..

If slash had revealed information axl had told him in cofidence you would all be bitching how he was a fucking scumbag for betraying axl and how he was only trying to ruin new gnr, or if slash said I haven't spoke top axl in ten years, then out of nowhere weeks later he says oh by the way axl stopped by my house in the early morning to rag on pittman finck n fortus.. Everyone would be like Slash is a liar, weeks before he said he never spoke to axl in ten years.. Everything is only cool when it fits certain people..

Sure it's good drama for a semi dead community so we talk shit, but otherwise it really means shit to me..
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #392 on: March 18, 2006, 12:00:05 PM »

Is there proof? Like I said, if there isnt any proof the conversation took place, then it cant be used in court.

Axl doesnt need a third party to validate a first hand account. If this visit becomes an issue in court he could testify to this directly. Slash and Duff can contend that he is making it up the conversation? but then of course the issue would come down to credibility. The jury would believe whomever is more credible.
But that still doesnt answer the question of relevancy. How are these early morning statements relevant to the trial? I dont care if Axl and Slash went to Disneyland and stood in line and talked about this shit in front of thousands of people. It still doesnt make the comments relevant to the trial.
No one even knows what really happened, no one knows what was said beside whatever axl claims.... Honestly who gives a  flying fuck, axl's talking about what slash said when axl is supposed to be breaking out a record that never comes out, or the fact tour dates are up and he never talks about them, how the band situation is (as in is there any new members for guitar), are there any singles on the way, are they shooting a video etc etc etc... That's what is important, not what slash thinks of duff or matt or scott.... The fans have been patiently waiting forever, there's more important shit to talk about when you rarely speak then to talk about this..

If slash had revealed information axl had told him in cofidence you would all be bitching how he was a fucking scumbag for betraying axl and how he was only trying to ruin new gnr, or if slash said I haven't spoke top axl in ten years, then out of nowhere weeks later he says oh by the way axl stopped by my house in the early morning to rag on pittman finck n fortus.. Everyone would be like Slash is a liar, weeks before he said he never spoke to axl in ten years.. Everything is only cool when it fits certain people..
You made a really good point.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 12:03:30 PM by jameslofton29 » Logged

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #393 on: March 18, 2006, 12:08:13 PM »

No one even knows what really happened, no one knows what was said beside whatever axl claims.... Honestly who gives a  flying fuck, axl's talking about what slash said when axl is supposed to be breaking out a record that never comes out, or the fact tour dates are up and he never talks about them, how the band situation is (as in is there any new members for guitar), are there any singles on the way, are they shooting a video etc etc etc... That's what is important, not what slash thinks of duff or matt or scott.... The fans have been patiently waiting forever, there's more important shit to talk about when you rarely speak then to talk about this..

JL-
You made a really good point

thanks, that's just the way I see it..
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #394 on: March 18, 2006, 12:15:31 PM »

But that still doesnt answer the question of relevancy. How are these early morning statements relevant to the trial? I dont care if Axl and Slash went to Disneyland and stood in line and talked about this shit in front of thousands of people. It still doesnt make the comments relevant to the trial.

I think Eva explained it perfectly. It goes to slash's crediblility. Axl doesn't in anyway mention that this will be an aspect of the trial. But in terms of making his point in the release that Slash was being consistent and honest, the statement provides some argument why Axl decided to press forward with the countersuit. Simply put, he gave Slash a chance to back out of the suit as he may have allegedly said but in absence of that Axl decided to press forward.

That is what I got out of it.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #395 on: March 18, 2006, 12:19:02 PM »

what are you people part of axl's legal team... I bet if anyone gnr related reads this board they must fucking laugh their asses off..
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #396 on: March 18, 2006, 12:20:21 PM »

I think Eva explained it perfectly. It goes to slash's crediblility. .
I dont think she did, and I dont think it does. Does Axl want to go down the road of credibility and character? If so, Slash needs to bring Stephanie Seymour carrying a litterbox and a bootleg of Axl rants into the courtroom and that pretty much counteracts any 5:30 am VR insults.

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #397 on: March 18, 2006, 12:28:46 PM »

I think Eva explained it perfectly. It goes to slash's crediblility. .
I dont think she did, and I dont think it does. Does Axl want to go down the road of credibility and character? If so, Slash needs to bring Stephanie Seymour carrying a litterbox and a bootleg of Axl rants into the courtroom and that pretty much counteracts any 5:30 am VR insults.

James, I love it.  Brilliant point brought up just in time to remind everyone that Axl's credibility is questionable too.  Nice. 
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #398 on: March 18, 2006, 02:55:18 PM »

Oh and it also shows how little to no credibity slash and duff have since they have not dropped the 2nd lawsuit where Cobalt even said they made an error and they fixed it right away. So slash and duff have a vendetta against Axl. I wonder how pissed the judge is going to be for slash and duff wasting the courts time on the 2nd case where axl was not at fault. The fact is cobalt was and with  a simple phone call they could have had it fixed faster but they wanted to sue axl instead.

The fact of the matter is you nor anyone else knows that it has no merit in the lawsuit. For all we know it could be a big part in the countersuit. Untill the court papers get out then no one will know one way or the other, so please don't go around making blanket statements when you have no idea what your talking about.  ok
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #399 on: March 18, 2006, 02:59:39 PM »

what are you people part of axl's legal team... I bet if anyone gnr related reads this board they must fucking laugh their asses off..

Or maybe "wow, what a weird bunch of people. First they complain there's no news and then when there is, it's not good because they don't like what was said".

Or "Funny how these people seem to know what's best for the band, what to say, when to say it, how to dress, who to hire as a guitar player, what kind of songs we should write, when we can go out, who we can hang out with in bars, how Merck should do his work and what kind of image we can have".

rofl

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: