Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 07:58:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Duff Mckagan Responds To AXL ROSE
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Duff Mckagan Responds To AXL ROSE  (Read 79401 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #340 on: March 15, 2006, 08:57:56 PM »

You can't see the relevance because you're not the lawyer on the case, you don't know the details of the accusation nor the details of Axl's defense/counterclaim strategy. Axl's been "unnecessarilly" attacked in court (fraud, liear, huge ego, arrogant, etc), I'm sure the Slash people thought that using those words would help them, instead of just saying "oh, we didn't get our checks, could you please rule in our favor now".
The Axl press release is public record. It is NOT relevant to the case(the slash VR comments). You need to go read the Axl, Duff, Slash, lawsuit thread. How can Axl defend the rights to the old material by describing an october morning of insults(that may or may not have happened) that were not even directed at him as being relevant to that case? You still havent given examples of the relevancy. Saying i'm not privy to axl's lawyers "strategy" is not an example.

By the way, Axl hasnt been attacked in court. Yet.

Go read the lawsuit thread.
EDIT: do you really think Slash's words in " that Slash has waged against Axl for the better part of 20 years, that Axl has proven himself ?the stronger.? are not relevant on a lawsuit by Slash against Axl?
No, they are not relevant.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 08:59:37 PM by jameslofton29 » Logged

estranged.1098
« Reply #341 on: March 15, 2006, 09:02:39 PM »

Actually, if you'd like help understanding the press release I suggest that you read the press release thread. Eva GnRAxlRosette already owned that one.  hihi
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #342 on: March 15, 2006, 09:17:09 PM »

Duffs the man!! beer beer

before i read his respons i knew it would be cool!!!

thanx Duff, your a dude!!!  Cool smoking

ya singers a dick head though!!! Tongue

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Mr_Brownface
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #343 on: March 15, 2006, 09:49:10 PM »

Scott has retracted his statement.
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #344 on: March 15, 2006, 09:57:55 PM »

Smart idea, I says.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #345 on: March 15, 2006, 10:01:10 PM »

Actually, if you'd like help understanding the press release I suggest that you read the press release thread. Eva GnRAxlRosette already owned that one.? hihi
Good explanation of why it was relevant. Dont just pull statements out of thin air to try and "own" me when you know you cant back it up. I asked a simple question, and you dodged it. End of discussion.

Eva didnt "own" me. I'm still waiting on her to show "the proof in the pudding".

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #346 on: March 15, 2006, 10:02:33 PM »

"Removing" a statement from a website and "retracting" a statement are two completely different things. ok
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 10:07:10 PM by jameslofton29 » Logged

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #347 on: March 15, 2006, 10:04:27 PM »

Yeppers, it's gone, but he still means those nasty things.
Mr_Brownface
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #348 on: March 15, 2006, 10:18:46 PM »

Yeah, but still it's interesting that 'somebody' decided to take it off the site.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #349 on: March 15, 2006, 10:21:10 PM »

Yeah, but still it's interesting that 'somebody' decided to take it off the site.
Maybe you should "retract" your statement about the retraction. hihi

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #350 on: March 15, 2006, 10:22:18 PM »

I wonder if Weiland himself did it or the record company.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #351 on: March 15, 2006, 10:22:43 PM »

You can't see the relevance because you're not the lawyer on the case, you don't know the details of the accusation nor the details of Axl's defense/counterclaim strategy

Thanks, youve proved my point.

If this is the case, then what relevance do those comments have in a press release aimed at a public that doesnt and cant know the details of Axls defense/counterclaim strategy?  If nobody can make any sense of the words because theyre unaware of other case details (I maintain theyre still irrelevant), what purpose do they serve in a press release aimed directly at that unknowing general public?
estranged.1098
« Reply #352 on: March 15, 2006, 10:39:26 PM »

You can't see the relevance because you're not the lawyer on the case, you don't know the details of the accusation nor the details of Axl's defense/counterclaim strategy

If this is the case, then what relevance do those comments have in a press release aimed at a public that doesnt and cant know the details of Axls defense/counterclaim strategy?  If nobody can make any sense of the words because theyre unaware of other case details (I maintain theyre still irrelevant), what purpose do they serve in a press release aimed directly at that unknowing general public?

Let me quote the press release again, specifically the "Slash paragraph":

In October of 2005 Slash made an unannounced 5:30 AM visit to Axl Rose?s house. Not appearing to be under the influence, Slash came to inform Axl that: ?Duff was spineless,? ?Scott was a fraud,? that he ?hates Matt Sorum? and that in this ongoing war, contest or whatever anyone wants to call it that Slash has waged against Axl for the better part of 20 years, that Axl has proven himself ?the stronger.?

You do not think that's relevant? Slash is suing Axl and yet says those words to him: you proved to be the stronger. I think that's pretty damn relevant to the case (and the press release).

Based on his conduct in showing up at Rose's home, Axl was hopeful that Slash would live up to his pronouncements that he wanted to end the war and move on with life. Unfortunately that did not prove to be the case.

Axl was hopeful they could resolve their issues, making the counterclaim unnecessary. Because Slash did not live up to what he said in Oct 05 Axl filed the counterclaim which is the subject of the press release... it can not get more relevant.

Again, you'd have to know what Axl's legal team is planning to understand completely the press release, but to dismiss it as a plan to hurt Velvet Revolver is a bit too biased as far as I'm concerned. But you two can go on thinking you're realistic and impartial.
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #353 on: March 15, 2006, 10:43:04 PM »

Scott didnt retract it from BelowEmpty which was where he first emailed the statement.

you know im starting to think Slash did visit Axl's house for kicks since they live close to each other, but now its a "his word against mine" thing. But if Slash's bandmembers believe him, then it just becomes irrelevant. Its message board fodder and Axl obviously spends more time at home reading then Slash does.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 10:46:47 PM by jabba2 » Logged
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #354 on: March 15, 2006, 10:44:30 PM »

If this is the case, then what relevance do those comments have in a press release aimed at a public that doesnt and cant know the details of Axls defense/counterclaim strategy?? If nobody can make any sense of the words because theyre unaware of other case details (I maintain theyre still irrelevant), what purpose do they serve in a press release aimed directly at that unknowing general public?

In October of 2005 Slash made an unannounced 5:30 AM visit to Axl Rose?s house. Not appearing to be under the influence, Slash came to inform Axl that: ?Duff was spineless,? ?Scott was a fraud,? that he ?hates Matt Sorum? and that in this ongoing war, contest or whatever anyone wants to call it that Slash has waged against Axl for the better part of 20 years, that Axl has proven himself ?the stronger.?

You do not think that's relevant? Slash is suing Axl and yet says those words to him: you proved to be the stronger. I think that's pretty damn relevant to the case (and the press release).

Based on his conduct in showing up at Rose's home, Axl was hopeful that Slash would live up to his pronouncements that he wanted to end the war and move on with life. Unfortunately that did not prove to be the case.

Axl was hopeful they could resolve their issues, making the counterclaim unnecessary. Because Slash did not live up to what he said in Oct 05 Axl filed the counterclaim which is the subject of the press release... it can not get more relevant.

Again, you'd have to know what Axl's legal team is planning to understand completely the press release, but to dismiss it as a plan to hurt Velvet Revolver is a bit too biased as far as I'm concerned. But you two can go on thinking you're realistic and impartial.

Estranged, you and Axl are both grasping at straws to try and tie this all together. ?"Hi Axl, you are "stronger" then me." ?That just sounds so stupid. ?Along with the rest of that shit. ?Why even issue a public statement? ?Why now? ?We still don't know what Slash did to not hold up his end of the bargain. ?That is much more important then what he may or may not have called Duff, Scott, and Matt.
estranged.1098
« Reply #355 on: March 15, 2006, 10:47:30 PM »

Actually, you're assuming Axl is lying and I'm assuming he's not. No big deal.  peace
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #356 on: March 15, 2006, 10:50:50 PM »

Axl is the stronger, bitch. Dont ever forget it.? rofl
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #357 on: March 15, 2006, 10:52:15 PM »

If this is the case, then what relevance do those comments have in a press release aimed at a public that doesnt and cant know the details of Axls defense/counterclaim strategy?? If nobody can make any sense of the words because theyre unaware of other case details (I maintain theyre still irrelevant), what purpose do they serve in a press release aimed directly at that unknowing general public?

Okay, how can the point be made to you? Lets live in dreamland for a minute and say its all true. How is Slash saying "Duff is spineless", "Scott is a fraud", and proclaiming Slash's hatred for Matt Sorum relevant to this case? How is a Slash admission at 5: 30 in the morning that Axl is "the stronger" relevant to the case? Just answer it instead of quoting press releases as your answer.
Actually, you're assuming Axl is lying and I'm assuming he's not. No big deal. peace
You're assuming its relevant. Its not. Its relevant to play games, but not in any relation to the upcoming trial. Whether it is truth or lie is irrelevant to the issue at hand.

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #358 on: March 15, 2006, 10:53:04 PM »

Actually, you're assuming Axl is lying and I'm assuming he's not. No big deal.? peace

I would have liked it better if Axl gave a full quote instead of taking it out of context. ?I mean, reading what they say, Slash may admit Axl is stronger cause he could bench more. ?I mean if you are going to quote someone, quote them. ?Maybe Slash said, "ya Axl, Duff can be pretty spineless when it comes to GNR and you, but I can't really blame him, he just wants to move on." ?I mean if Slash said that, then it is not that bad. ?I WANT TO KNOW THE FOCKING CONTEXT IN WHICH THE STATEMENTS WERE MADE. ? IF AXL CAN'T GIVE ME THAT, ALONG WITH THE RELEVANCE, THEN WHY EVEN WASTE HIS TIME TO TELL US ANYTHING.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #359 on: March 15, 2006, 10:54:59 PM »

Axl is the stronger, bitch. Dont ever forget it.? rofl

Axl is the stronger bitch?  Damn.  That is funny!  Axl is a bitch, damn, that is crazy.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: