Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 09:33:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Duff Mckagan Responds To AXL ROSE
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Duff Mckagan Responds To AXL ROSE  (Read 79410 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #300 on: March 15, 2006, 12:26:07 PM »

Yeah, it's a good pic, reminds me how things could still be? Undecided

Great pic! Damn, how could it get to this after that??? By the way, I think Duff was very mature about this..

Who added the knife? rofl

I look at this pic an get emotional.. I always viewed gnr with at least these two faces of the band.. The axe slinger and the voice.. Tops in their field in their day...  The knife part rofl As much as I wish slash never opened up to axl or even air his dirty laundry i still hate that axl had to air what slash said regardless of the reason... The damage can be so huge... Slash had a lot to do with gnr's sucess, but axl has nothing to do with anything vr, os his words kind of put a damper on a lot.. Especially if duff respects axl, he could have looked out for at least his feeling..
makane
Legend

« Reply #301 on: March 15, 2006, 12:29:39 PM »

Great pic! Damn, how could it get to this after that??? By the way, I think Duff was very mature about this..

The bastard?  Angry
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 12:31:42 PM by makane » Logged

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #302 on: March 15, 2006, 12:30:53 PM »

quick question, why would axl want to hurt scott duff n matt when the person he wanted to damage might have been slash personally?  I still think axl could have looked out for the best interests of his ex mates instead of dealing a death blow..
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #303 on: March 15, 2006, 12:45:08 PM »

I've tried for years now to figure out who exactly was responsible for the fate of GNR.  With all of this coming out I would have to say they all are.  I mean I can understand why Slash et al were pissed and quit.  You have huge successes then all of a sudden 1 member decides it's time to change sound and bring in additional players, very insulting.  Plus, Axl fights like a little bitch.  He's one of those guys that would key your car when he's pissed at you.  At the same time Slash, Duff, etc were all junkies and we all know how reliable junkies are!  I am sure that Axl tired of this but his solution was horrible.

As for the Weiland vs Axl debate.  I've seen both live and Weiland's voice holds up better and all you have to worry about with him is the drugs.  Axl's voice sounds like shit at times live and you never know if he has more important things to do like watch a basketball game instead of perform.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #304 on: March 15, 2006, 12:53:14 PM »

I will be nice and say they all contributed to gnr's demise... I will always feel gnr ended over a decade ago ,and this is just a cool thing to hear axl perform again..
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #305 on: March 15, 2006, 12:57:28 PM »

Oh, so I guess you didn't agree with them regarding Axl having a plan....?

Ill just assume you wrote this before reading my post and just failed to remove it afterward.

No, it was sarcasm.

My "point" was, you're telling the fans who says Axl's plan worked that they're wrong. Fair enough.

But you also assume, just like the above mentioned fans, that there was a plan to cause friction in VR. That's what I'm saying you can't prove. Get it now?

So no matter what these guys do, just assume its a lie or disingeunous act.? Why?? Because apparently you desperately want to justify Axl Roses conduct and opinions.? In your view, Scott Weiland would drive over to a radio studio to hang with a guy with whom he has friction and pretend to be cool with him for nearly two hours as some kind of image stunt, and somehow thats to be assumed over the possibility that they are indeed friends?? Thats really bizarre and pessimistic logic, but if I were to guess, unsurprisingly selective on your part...keep reaching though.

Look, I'm not saying things are like that. You're assuming as much as anybody else here.

I'm saying, just because you're in a band or work together with somebody, doesn't mean you have to be best friends.

...Still waiting for someone to tie that to an ownership lawsuit.? If thats the best excuse to be mustered, its? ?a stretch and a weak one at that.

Of course it's weak because it doesn't fit your theories..... ?Roll Eyes

Like I said, we can only guess but somehow you seem to think your guesses are above everybody else's, or that's how some of your posts come across to me.

Maybe its possible that Axls priorities arent as virtuous as youd like to believe?? Until somebody can justify that VR paragraph as anything other than a transparently vindictive smear, that will be my guess.

Considering it was a legal press release, I'll assume everything in it was in relation to the counter suit he filed. Instead of assuming and pointing fingers, I'll keep all options open.

It wasn't an interview promoting his album or tour, it was a press release about the counter suit.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 01:01:23 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #306 on: March 15, 2006, 01:19:11 PM »

I just don't know about all this stuff.  From experience we all know not to believe anything about Axl unless we hear or know he said it himself.   And only a couple of weeks ago he was quoted as saying good things about Slash and they hadn't spoken 10 years.   He never talks about Slash and yet makes that comment.  If he was pissed off at Slash I would imagine he wouldn't even mention him, he definatly wouldn't say something unless he meant it.... i like Scott but maybe he should have waited to see exactly what is true - but hey they are all grown men it's up to them.  I just want music thats all i am interested in.

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #307 on: March 15, 2006, 01:27:53 PM »

I just don't know about all this stuff.? From experience we all know not to believe anything about Axl unless we hear or know he said it himself.? ?And only a couple of weeks ago he was quoted as saying good things about Slash and they hadn't spoken 10 years.? ?He never talks about Slash and yet makes that comment.? If he was pissed off at Slash I would imagine he wouldn't even mention him, he definatly wouldn't say something unless he meant it.... i like Scott but maybe he should have waited to see exactly what is true - but hey they are all grown men it's up to them.? I just want music thats all i am interested in.

here's the quote you're talking about

[quote Rolling Stone]As for a reunion with his former Gn'R mates, that seems unlikely. "I haven't spoken to Slash in ten years," Rose says. "I love the guy, I always wanted everyone to know how great he was, but.... I was just talking to Izzy the other day though."

was being the operative term and BUT what?! "but he pissed me off again lately?" "but him and Duff sued me so I'm gonna fuck him up?"

he was gonna say something else about Slash then didn't

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #308 on: March 15, 2006, 01:33:08 PM »

good point neemo, but hey if you love someone then why hurt them....? Not only him hurting slash but he hurts matt duff n scott
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #309 on: March 15, 2006, 01:46:40 PM »

good point neemo, but hey if you love someone then why hurt them....? Not only him hurting slash but he hurts matt duff n scott

see that's the thing it's like a love-hate relationship hihi Slash walked out on Axl, and that probably hurt him quite a bit. so in axl's own words,

"You fuck with me...I'll fuck your mother, your sister too, and your best girlfriend"

Axl has always struck me as the kinda guy that is a abit vindictive hihi you screw with him and he'll mess up everyone you know nervous
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 01:51:41 PM by Neemo » Logged

green
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #310 on: March 15, 2006, 03:41:42 PM »

"You screw me up .I'll screw u now".I like this way of thinking and i support Axl for showing the real face of Slash to the media.I said it earlier and i say it again Slash is a backstabbing motherfucker ...THATS THE TRUTHH
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #311 on: March 15, 2006, 03:42:42 PM »

Why do people assume it's not relevant to the countersuit?

It has to be. Otherwise it wouldn't have been included in the release.
He would have left the "schandal" for other occasions,  As people still ask him about his ex bandmembers.
If he gave 2 shits about VR.

The court can see it at the main site of HTGTH, where people look in for GNR news. And at many other sites.
If they found total off topic gossip that has nothing to do with the actual complaint in Axl's release for the fans, would they be favourably impressed with it??

Go read the Axl-legal release thread

"More surprising to Axl are recent media reports that Slash (Saul Hudson) is claiming that he has always been supportive of Axl Rose and the new Guns N' Roses. Slash's actions in recent years have in fact been anything but supportive. Besides the lawsuits filed against Axl Rose, claiming, among other things, that Axl does not own the copyright in the songs that Axl co-authored with his former Guns N' Roses band mates, Slash has continually made negative and malicious statements about Axl in order to garner publicity for himself.............The courthouse is not his choice of forum. However, Axl could no longer sit quietly and allow the continuing dissemination of falsehoods and half-truths by his former band-mates."
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 03:44:51 PM by ppbebe » Logged
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #312 on: March 15, 2006, 04:38:35 PM »

"You screw me up .I'll screw u now".I like this way of thinking and i support Axl for showing the real face of Slash to the media.I said it earlier and i say it again Slash is a backstabbing motherfucker ...THATS THE TRUTHH

"Duff is spineless," "Scott is a fraud" and "Slash is a backstabbing motherfucker" hihi

By the way I still don't get why Slash allegedly said  "was" in the past tense instead of "is" save that he "hates Mat" then.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #313 on: March 15, 2006, 06:04:22 PM »

How perfect is this post on March 15th of all days???  Fucking perfect.  Somebody's up on their history..."Eh tu, Axl?"   rofl

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #314 on: March 15, 2006, 06:19:15 PM »

We heard Scott and Matt hanging out on the radio...now if theres friction between them, do you believe they would hang around each other when they dont have to, whether its on the radio or in another band?  If so, explain your logic.

I don't think the relationship between Matt and Scott is the one that we should be worrying about.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #315 on: March 15, 2006, 06:24:37 PM »

We heard Scott and Matt hanging out on the radio...now if theres friction between them, do you believe they would hang around each other when they dont have to, whether its on the radio or in another band?  If so, explain your logic.

I don't think the relationship between Matt and Scott is the one that we should be worrying about.

But the logic was that if two members respond differently, theyre not playing from the "same handbook," so there must be dysfunction.  Its popular around here to dislike Matt Sorum and dismiss him, but hes still bandmates with Slash and Scott and a target in that press release (Matt and Scott praised Slash in that radio show, by the way).  And his response, or lack thereof, is different then Weilands - theyre not playing from the same handbook.  Therefore that logic just doesnt fly. 

« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 06:26:47 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #316 on: March 15, 2006, 06:40:41 PM »

But the logic was that if two members respond differently, theyre not playing from the "same handbook," so there must be dysfunction. 

Just because Matt and Scott are working together  does not in anyway imply that we can extrapolate the same amity to the  Scott, Slash, and Duff relationship.

ts popular around here to dislike Matt Sorum and dismiss him, but hes still bandmates with Slash and Scott and a target in that press release (Matt and Scott praised Slash in that radio show, by the way).   

Matt has made his position in the band and in GnR history quite clear. Unfortunately, no one really takes him seriously.

And his response, or lack thereof, is different then Weilands - theyre not playing from the same handbook.  Therefore that logic just doesnt fly.

If Matt made a statement in which he distanced himself from the war of words, I would assume that he was not happy with either Axl or Scott's remarks.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #317 on: March 15, 2006, 06:47:26 PM »

I honestly think Matt is a non-entity in this whole thing... everyone who knows the guy... and I know some people in LA that do... basically just say that he could give a shit what anyone thinks of him... even his own bandmates. He's the consumate rock drummer... if you give him $1,000,000 he'll go out and spend $1,000,001... the dude's about playing good music, getting paid and getting laid... end of story. Axl or Slash could rip him a million times over... and that wouldn't stop him from participating in a GN'R reunion if asked or putting out another VR album with Slash... the music's good and the pay is better. I don't particularly like the guy... but there's something refreshing about the attitude...

BTW: speaking of resumes: Matt's is pretty damn solid: The Cult, Guns N' Roses, Gilby Clarke's 1st album, Neurotic Outsiders and Velvet Revolver. Not bad... see where that attitude can get you? peace
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 06:51:16 PM by MaoAxl » Logged

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #318 on: March 15, 2006, 06:57:14 PM »

BTW: speaking of resumes: Matt's is pretty damn solid: The Cult, Guns N' Roses, Gilby Clarke's 1st album, Neurotic Outsiders and Velvet Revolver. Not bad... see where that attitude can get you? peace
Or . . . . .? this proves that Matt can't hold down a steady job!? hihi

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #319 on: March 15, 2006, 07:10:18 PM »

Id bet my hair that Duff would kill Slash or Axl in a fight with relative ease.

Are you kidding!?
Slash is got fucking buff!
Did you not see him in any recent pics?

Did u see Duff working out and training during that Rise of VR show?

that motherfucker is not only ripped but was destroying those practice mits.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: