Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 09:58:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227993 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Former Guns n' Roses manager Alan Niven speaks!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Former Guns n' Roses manager Alan Niven speaks!  (Read 27123 times)
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #140 on: March 23, 2006, 12:54:35 PM »

15 years after he was fired, who cares what he's got to say
Sterlingdog
« Reply #141 on: March 23, 2006, 12:56:28 PM »

15 years after he was fired, who cares what he's got to say

Well, this thread is now 8 pages long, so I guess somebody does. 
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #142 on: March 23, 2006, 01:57:47 PM »

Am I safe to assume that Alan Niven's comments mean either Slash or Izzy and Slash may be back in GNR or maybe will make surprise appearances on European tour??? Huh

apparently there are even internal rumours at interscope & geffen about that....rumours rumours...who knows...

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
madagas
« Reply #143 on: March 23, 2006, 02:05:47 PM »

The funny thing is he was fired by Axl! They must have somehow mended fences a little bit.
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #144 on: March 23, 2006, 02:13:08 PM »

The funny thing is he was fired by Axl! They must have somehow mended fences a little bit.

Exactly, that's what I said in a previous post earlier...
gnr_12
Rocker

Nothin' Lasts Forever...

« Reply #145 on: March 23, 2006, 02:14:05 PM »

Am I safe to assume that Alan Niven's comments mean either Slash or Izzy and Slash may be back in GNR or maybe will make surprise appearances on European tour??? Huh

apparently there are even internal rumours at interscope & geffen about that....rumours rumours...who knows...

Proof?

That goes for all you punks in the press, That want to start shit by printin' lies, Instead of the things we said, That means you, Andy Secher, Mick Wall ,Bob Guccione Jr.
Get In the Fuckin Ring Punks
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #146 on: March 23, 2006, 02:15:48 PM »

Proof?

I would just say that the proof is that Slash has YET to comment so maybe his silence is because they are gonna announce his return to GNR and all this so called bad blood is PR bullshit.

Okay..wakes up from dream Grin
highend88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #147 on: March 23, 2006, 02:17:01 PM »

I found it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Izzy_Stradlin

"Several of his former bandmates asked him to join Velvet Revolver when it was in its formative stage but he declined due to his unwillingness to work with a lead singer, and his aversion to the life on the road."

Is he refrering to Scott Weiland?

I get up around seven
Get outta bed around nine
And I don't worry about nothin' no
'Cause worrin's a waste of my fuckin time
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #148 on: March 23, 2006, 02:19:05 PM »

"Several of his former bandmates asked him to join Velvet Revolver when it was in its formative stage but he declined due to his unwillingness to work with a lead singer, and his aversion to the life on the road."

No, that was before there was a singer picked.  Izzy wants to sing, himself.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
highend88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #149 on: March 23, 2006, 02:22:57 PM »

No, that was before there was a singer picked.? Izzy wants to sing, himself.

Do you have an article to this story? Thanks

I get up around seven
Get outta bed around nine
And I don't worry about nothin' no
'Cause worrin's a waste of my fuckin time
gnr_12
Rocker

Nothin' Lasts Forever...

« Reply #150 on: March 23, 2006, 02:38:36 PM »

Haha Slash isnt back in Guns.. VR is coming out with a new album, and besides if he left, do u think Scott, Matt, or Duff would let him go without making it public and spilling the beans on this HUGE reuinion between axl n slash..

Its nothing but a dream..

That goes for all you punks in the press, That want to start shit by printin' lies, Instead of the things we said, That means you, Andy Secher, Mick Wall ,Bob Guccione Jr.
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #151 on: March 23, 2006, 02:51:44 PM »

No, that was before there was a singer picked.? Izzy wants to sing, himself.

I am pretty sure Izzy's reasonging was fairly unselfish, and well thought out.  He wanted to avoid, exactly what is happening now:  basically two bands formed out of one, and verbal bashing between the new lead man and Axl.  If just Izzy sang, then it would have been easy to bring Ax back into the fold when the timing was right.  Hindsight is 20/20, but that would have made for a far better scenario.  Izzy, also, is a fairly decent singer, and a better songwriter than Weiland.
blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #152 on: March 23, 2006, 03:06:40 PM »

He better write the majority of the lyrics and melodies... Thats what a singer is suppose to fucking do. I don't get why he's trying to make it look like Axl preformed some great duty. Scott is a fucking homo though... I love Velvet but they should have gone with Buckcherry's singer.

Name one fuckin thing Josh Todd has ever done.

Scott Weiland shits all over Josh Todd or Sebastian Bach.

As soon as someone assassinates someone's talent, i immediately disreguard anything they say.

If u dont like Scott........ Fine

If u think he is a fag........ Fine

but no one can sit here and try to say that man does not have fuckin talent.

that statement is ridiculous and removes all credibility from anyone who says such a stupid fuckin thing.

"Stupid Bitch" yeah thats a real winner of a song, Buckcherry are soooooo fuckin lame seriously.

Scott's worst song is better than that piece of garbage.

psh...the only reason scott and stp had any success is because they got lucky - they jumped on the grunge bandwagon and rode it all the way to the bank...sure, there was some decent grunge music, but as a whole grunge is an inferior style of rock...it is monotonous and litmited in what it can do...the best grunge song can't even compete with a mediocre gnr song...

at least buckcherry tries to make something good, rather than just trying to cover up their lack of talent with a lame "experimental" or "modern" sound...

a lot of modern rock bands have this approach:? "oh, i can't sing or write a decent tune, so i'll just make it sound really weird and people will think i'm a genious for doing something different"

in my opinion, grunge ruined rock, and is responsible for the extreme lack of good bands today...grunge made it possible for bands to achieve huge success from inferior melodies...once mucisians realized they could be successful without being good, there was no longer any motivation to be good.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 03:19:04 PM by blues rocker » Logged
gnr_12
Rocker

Nothin' Lasts Forever...

« Reply #153 on: March 23, 2006, 03:15:12 PM »

He better write the majority of the lyrics and melodies... Thats what a singer is suppose to fucking do. I don't get why he's trying to make it look like Axl preformed some great duty. Scott is a fucking homo though... I love Velvet but they should have gone with Buckcherry's singer.

Name one fuckin thing Josh Todd has ever done.

Scott Weiland shits all over Josh Todd or Sebastian Bach.

As soon as someone assassinates someone's talent, i immediately disreguard anything they say.

If u dont like Scott........ Fine

If u think he is a fag........ Fine

but no one can sit here and try to say that man does not have fuckin talent.

that statement is ridiculous and removes all credibility from anyone who says such a stupid fuckin thing.

"Stupid Bitch" yeah thats a real winner of a song, Buckcherry are soooooo fuckin lame seriously.

Scott's worst song is better than that piece of garbage.

psh...the only reason scott and stp had any success is because they got lucky - they jumped on the grunge bandwagon and rode it all the way to the bank...sure, there was some decent grunge music, but as a whole grunge is an inferior style of rock...it is monotonous and litmited in what it can do...the best grunge song can't even compete with a mediocre gnr song...

at least buckcherry tries to make something good, rather than just trying to cover up their lack of talent with a lame "experimental" or "modern" sound...

a lot of modern rock bands have this approach:  "oh, i can't sing or write a decent tune, so i'll just make it sound really weird and people will think i'm a genious for doing something different"

Agreed. There can be 10 Scott Weilands, but only one Axl Rose..

Voice. No one will EVER touch axls.
Look. Man.. evey girl loves him.. even now.
Style. Man he was a trend setter.. still is..
PErsona. Lets not even go there..
Moves. Like a snake baby..

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #154 on: March 23, 2006, 03:50:25 PM »

Haha Slash isnt back in Guns.. VR is coming out with a new album, and besides if he left, do u think Scott, Matt, or Duff would let him go without making it public and spilling the beans on this HUGE reuinion between axl n slash..

Yeah a VR dance concept album. That is gonna rock  Roll Eyes

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #155 on: March 23, 2006, 03:53:17 PM »

Yeah a VR dance concept album. That is gonna rock? Roll Eyes

you'd be the first to say wait for the album if axl made a comment like that...  We know you already hate the album even before it comes out.. hihi
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #156 on: March 23, 2006, 05:00:49 PM »

Ok, someone here will probably remember what I'm talking about...the article might even be on the site.

But years ago I remember reading an interview with Axl when he talked about the departure of Izzy.  He said Izzy was basically enticed into leaving by a former manager, and that manager was trying to go behind Axl's back and get the rest to leave Axl too.  He felt very betrayed  by both Izzy and that manager.  Is this Alan Niven the guy he was talking about?

Is that Axl interview real? And this letter?
Isn't it exactly what this Alan Niven guy is up to right now on VR?
It seems that he goes behind Scott's back and trying to get the rest to leave Scott.
Or is it Slash?

Too much greedy greedy greedy in his letter. disgusting. As if nobody knows Axl can write but him!
Go away reactionary!
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #157 on: March 23, 2006, 05:49:20 PM »

Yeah a VR dance concept album. That is gonna rock? Roll Eyes

He must of had a dream about studio 54 and how great it could be.
fever dream
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #158 on: March 23, 2006, 06:34:06 PM »

Scott's vocals suck, his writing sucks both in STP and VR I mean c'mon it looks like a middle school kid wrote those lyrics give me a break. And you have to admit it's not like Slash or duff are pushing the limits on musicianship, they could play that shit with their eyes shut and one arm tied behind their backs. Scotts dragging them down. GNR was talent. And Axl is keeping the talent there he's pushing his limits not putting something half assed out like a VR album. Axl might be taking his good old time but the quality speaks for itself and at least he knows what page he's on. VR doesn't know who's saying what about whom. And for gods sake each member of VR says the next albums gonna be different then what each other member says. smoking rofl
Sterlingdog
« Reply #159 on: March 23, 2006, 10:53:34 PM »

Is that Axl interview real? And this letter?
Isn't it exactly what this Alan Niven guy is up to right now on VR?
It seems that he goes behind Scott's back and trying to get the rest to leave Scott.
Or is it Slash?

Too much greedy greedy greedy in his letter. disgusting. As if nobody knows Axl can write but him!
Go away reactionary!

The Axl interview is real, its on this site.  I think its the one called I, Axl by Del James.  But I got it mixed up, Axl said Izzy was the one who went behind his back to turn the other guys against him. But he was clearly pissed that Izzy hooked up with Niven. 

As far as if the letter is real, I don't think anyone has proven it to be true or false at this point.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: